Horomatangi - Bellow of Command: Target enemies?

DeleteAccount

Question

Pretty straightforward, can it target enemies? Basically my assumption is yes since the targetting restrictions specify that an opposed duel cannot target a friendly model, but nothing is said about a non opposed duel. I just find it straight that it just happens without any sort of resist for the opponent and wouldn't be surprised if it was an oversight? I believe there is a Cult asset that gives Shaken, only has a TN but no resist but it doesn't specify friendly unit either, just want to clarify if that's how it works.

2 answers to this question

It's called out in the writeup for Horomatongi:

The Bellow of Command Action is a potent Morale Action that can provide a big bonus to allies or a big penalty to enemies.

So, yeah, it's intentional that you can use non-opposed Actions to target enemy units.

Presumably, it amounts to:

1.  It's a commander action.

2.  Compare the effectiveness of placing two tokens on unit (even an enemy unit) to all of Horomatangi's other options.  (Or what other commanders can do, for that matter.)  Because the paragraph which describes the morale action continues:

Alternatively, Horomatangi might choose to simply lay waste to its foes with an endless assault generated by its Mighty Willpower Action.