StevenPoulsen

Malifaux3E Beta Analyzer

Awesome work! Totally different but equally valid UI as mine, I can see lots of people preferring one to the other, so it's great to have both to make it more accessible for everybody :).

I especially like that your card layout preview mirrors what's actually on the beta cards. Working with material design I had to get kind of cute to get all the text formatted clearly enough.

One piece of feedback, the text looks a little scrunched/chopped when I go to print a crew.

• Like 2

Thanks. And I agree. :)

Regarding the print-page, the page is only optimized for the actual print, but I still think, that I need to find a better font for it. If anyone knows which font is used on the official cards, then please share :)

Wooaa the print fonction is awesome ! 

Thanks for sharing !!!!

if i may, i would say your thread title doesn’t fit with your crew builder inside 

It is a very nice crew builder etc.

The Italic parts of triggers seems to be missing everywhere. Take Katanaka Crime Boss trigger: Gang Warfare - the "remove scheme marker" should be in Italic.

Cool!

One bug... when you select "Df" from "quick show" it shows the defense but the label is "Mv"

Two feature requests:

• Add filter by cost
  • Add quick show for wounds

3 minutes ago, Kolath said:

Cool!

One bug... when you select "Df" from "quick show" it shows the defense but the label is "Mv"

Two feature requests:

• Add filter by cost
  • Add quick show for wounds

There is a filter by cost under "Stats" filter?

I have fixed the Df quick show, and added Health as a quick show option.

The Italic problem is real though. The data is currently being transformed from the PDF to JSON via simple text parsing (which includes copying the PDF contents to pure text). Within this parsing, there does not exist formatting, so currently I have no way of determining which texts should be italic. So I have to rewrite the whole parser, and that is a rather large task. It's a challenge that I indeed might choose to face, but as it is also very time consuming, it most likely won't be just around the corner.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, StevenPoulsen said:

The Italic problem is real though.

Yeah until this last update, there was a small tell where the italicized text was missing a space after the ".". I used that to cheese my way to italics, but now they fixed that and there's really nothing other than just

• regex capturing every possible requirement format
  • doing it manually for every. single. action.

Yeah no thanks on either of those.

• Haha 2

Great tool. In mobile version I cannot see arcanists upgrades. It just blinks and whole page stops responding. All the rest are working ok. Android Chrome and other browsers.

15 hours ago, Jemp1973 said:

MC Cabe's totem Luna is missing

It's funny seeing the same bugs I had to fix popping up here. I should have kept a big list of things I needed account for in the text files so I could just hand it off!

@StevenPoulsen it's because Luna is listed as "Totem (Lucas McCabe)", but Lucas's full card name is "Lucas McCabe, Relic Hunter".

version 0.16
 * McCabes totem is now recognised as such (Thanks @dzlier)
 * After opening a model, you can close it with the back-button
 * M3E Print health background is now white instead of transparent. So tall pictures will no longer be visible behind Health.
 * Added Health as a quick show option
 * Df quick show now shown as Df instead of Mv

@AndreyF: When you say mobile version, which phone and browser are you using?
  • Like 1

On 3/14/2019 at 5:49 PM, AndreyF said:

Android Chrome and other browsers.

Xiaomi Mi6
Android 8.0.0; MI 6 Build/OPR1/170623.027
Chrome 72.0.3626.121

Same bug in miui browser V10.5.6-g

Also bug is the same in Windows 10
Opera version 58.0.3135.79
when you go into developer tools (ctrl+shift+I) and turn on mobile version debug.

Same in Google Chrome  72.0.3626.121 (with mobile version turned on via developer tools)

In Firefox it works in mobile version.

Hey heads up, in the final files today, the requirement text on cards went back to missing a space after the period, so you can use a regex to find them in order to put them in italics.

do crews not stick around between log ins on different devices? sorted out my collection and crews earlier on my phone, on computer now, same log in and everything is gone

5 hours ago, katadder said:

do crews not stick around between log ins on different devices? sorted out my collection and crews earlier on my phone, on computer now, same log in and everything is gone

It looks like it stores the crews based on the version of the rules you are using - did you do it on an old version on your phone? :(

version 0.18
* Beta rules 3.22.19 included
* Multiple identical models in crew can now each have an upgrade

@dzlier: The text I extract from the PDFs don't have such a missing space. We might not be extracting text from the PDF's in the same way :)

@katadder: The Crews are indeed stored only in the version they were created with. Also note that you have to click the save button under "Account", when you wish to save your changes to your account.

• Thanks 1

Hmm, weird. I'm opening with Adobe and just hitting select all, copy, paste. I experimented with libraries that extract text from PDFs programmatically but in c# they were all dick so I still just do that myself.

Hi,

First off, excellent app, it really made printing cards and managing beta files easier.

Since last update however I seem to have a problem. I do not know if this is unique to me, or seem to be a general issue. I can see the updated cards from my PC (v.3.22.19), however, when I use the site on my phone, the latest version I can select is 3.7.19.

Tried resetting the cache on the browser on my phone, but the problem seem to persist. I have no saved crews selected so guess that is not the issue either.

@dzlier: I have been grabbing the text from the individual downloadable files, and I now see that the Cards-download has the setup you have been referring to. I might have a look at using those instead :)

@Khormy: Try refreshing again on your phone. Notice if the version number below the list is correct (currently 0.18)

• Thanks 1