Sign in to follow this  
bedjy

Honeypot

Yeh I see it as after the action has resolved if they cheated they take 1 damage. So if you declare and attack action against a terrifying model if you cheat any of  the terrifying test, attack flip or damage flip, you take 1 damage. Doesn't matter how many you cheat it's still 1 damage

I'd actually read it as the stacking one. You have 2 conditions for activating this:

1. being within a 6" Aura
  2. Cheating Fate.

Since there is no limit defined, you would take it at the "after resolving" step as many times as it happened.

If it was only allowed once per Action, it would be mentioned there as Wyrd should know from experience that most opposed duels allow for multiple Cheats.

There is no clause in it that prevents the damage from stacking up like Hazardous terrain does. So a model will take 1 damage and gain 1 brilliance token for every time they cheated during the course of an action or ability. As for the damage, it will also all be individual pings instead of one lump sum of damage.

It says they take the 1 damage at the end of the action if they cheat not each time they cheat. A terrifying check isnt an action, if a model within 6" attacks  and cheats any of the flips it takes 1 damage and gains 1 brilliance. 

REVISITING THE HONEYPOT:

Played 2 games with Lynch's crew over the weekend.

• Brilliance flows; once the game gets going, if you can keep track of all the ways in which Brilliance will accumulate on a target it: will be everywhere.
  • Lynch is sturdier than you may think; definitely moreso than M2E.  You will break yourself on him trying to kill him.  You will likely be pulled away before you can.  If anybody has a single Brilliance or more, is at a negative flip (Dont Bite the Hand).
  • Kitty is extremely mobile, even with changes to Reaching Tendrils - she's fine.  My only complaint about her right now is that for being a scheme/objective oriented model she has no tech to get around simply being engaged.  Definitely not an auto-include as some have stated.
  • No single ability/action/trigger/interaction is too strong by itself or feels unfair - but in aggregate, the card manipulation, the context of everything adding brilliance, using it, interacting with it, all top notch and effective - without Lynch needing to be the only person that cashes in on it.
  • Enough Brilliance is flowing that other models get to use them without taking away the threat of Lynch himself.
  • Lynch isn't a killer, not nearly as much as he was.  He's a support/aura-debuff master more than anything now - and the fact that he has Succumb to Darkness is more icing on the cake than the point of his card, as far as I now see it.  His crew does work, he puts out Brilliance better than anybody, can reposition Huggy with his gun, and in most cases will at least produce a depleted from a Succumb to Darkness without any help from other models setting him up.
  • The increasing number of penalties and drawbacks to finding yourself partying in the HONEYPOT make it very difficult for models to take malicious action against the core group of Lynch/Gwyneth/Tannen/Beckoners - Party Never Ends: Enemies cheating within aura6 gain a brilliance (Beckoners/Gwyneth); Hold'em: Every time an enemy model cheats fate within aura6 it takes 1 damage after action resolved (Lynch); Trump Cards: Whenever an enemy model flips an ace it gains a Brilliance token (Lynch); Dont Bite the Hand: enemy models with brilliance targeting this model are at a negative flip to attack actions (Beckoner/Lynch); Delerium: once per activation within aura6 a model adding a brilliance marker may be moved 2" or take 1 damage (Tannen).
  • Faster than I would have thought - Huggy has Mv 6 and so does Kitty, but between Kitty's 'On Your Heels' trigger, and Lynch being able to put Huggy on a pistol target with a tome - you can move around a lot of soulstones real quick.

There's more, but these are the things I discovered that had challenged my previously held opinions of Lynch from earlier in the beta that I found improved or refreshing.

HONEYPOT works, it's thematic, it has play in several pools, it doesn't feel unfair.  I think Lynch seems pretty good.  If I were to make any attempt at constructive criticism it may be just that Graves doesn't seem like an option I want to hire over others.  Good model, seems worth his value, not even sure what to recommend.  Just less likely that I will hire Graves into Honeypot than any other member of the keyword.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Graves is a good beater who can help with mobility issue Honeypot has in general and also help vs range crew with his cover aura!.

The only thing I would like is for his Keeping the peace aura range to be slightly longer because right now most model can just charge and attack from outside the range! Once engage it is mostly useless because there's few model that can charge when engage!

In combination with Tannen it can be very funny how many checks they have to make before attacking! In one of my game a model wanted to charge Huggy with his last action while in range of the 2 auras! He had to make 3 checks to make it, while having to discard a card for each cheat! xD

It failed the last one and used two cards from his hand! :P

10 hours ago, Cursed25 said:

The only thing I would like is for his Keeping the peace aura range to be slightly longer because right now most model can just charge and attack from outside the range!

Either that, or require the test before getting the free melee action if it started outside the radius.

ie, if you're inside the 6", test to charge at all. If you're outside the 6" and charge into the bubble, test to do the second half.

Because yeah, there are a crapload of models that can charge from outside the bubble without being affected.

• Like 1

If you extended it to about aura 8" I don't think there are many models that can charge beyond that... Also don't forget the it also helps stop models from charging past Mr Graves. For example: (E=enemy, G=Graves, F=friendly, >=direction of movement)

E>>>>>>>>>>>>>F
              G

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cursed25 said:

The only thing I would like is for his Keeping the peace aura range to be slightly longer because right now most model can just charge and attack from outside the range! Once engage it is mostly useless because there's few model hat can charge when engage! In combination with Tannen it can be very funny how many check they have to make before attacking!

I would agree on paper if you're only using the aura to try and protect Graves. On the table, a lot of the time, if the enemy is going to be close enough to charge in 1 action you can probably get him in the aura when you move Graves. And I see its main use to prevent people charging past Graves to models behind him as Da git said.

And there are several honeypot models that move models about. Moving them with Kitty or Beckoners into a place where they are still in the aura but not able to hit anyone leads to tough choices for the opponent, and more use for the aura even after things are engaged.

• Like 1

Curious as to what models people have been using as scheme runners with Lynch. His crew has ways to make them but there not great for things like power ritual and the like. I've been tending to run asami in scheme heavy missions. But hypothetically if you had to try and do scheming with Lynch what would you bring?

My thoughts:

tengu are 5 with the out of faction choice and seem "ok" but not amazing

Wandering river monks seem like the one of the factions better scheme runners

Anything else I have missed?

1 hour ago, yames said:

Curious as to what models people have been using as scheme runners with Lynch. His crew has ways to make them but there not great for things like power ritual and the like. I've been tending to run asami in scheme heavy missions. But hypothetically if you had to try and do scheming with Lynch what would you bring?

My thoughts:

tengu are 5 with the out of faction choice and seem "ok" but not amazing

Wandering river monks seem like the one of the factions better scheme runners

Anything else I have missed?

Katashiro? Cost is the same as Wandering River, and while slightly slower (5 vs 6) and similarly smaller free place, that free place doesn't require a test, let alone have a suit requirement. So it's more reliable. Doesn't get the End Phase push either, but that can be hard to factor in usefulness of, in that unless you're going to activate early, your opponent can take steps.

Torakage, for all the complaints, are just fast as crap, and ignore engagements and long range shooting.

Bunraku aren't as fast, but look like they could hold their own better, even taking Risky Maneuvers. And if you space it out, you can still do it twice in a turn. Interact on the west side of the model, move it 3" to the east with Risky Business (sometimes you just gotta say, "What the frick!"*), interact to the east side of the model.

* And now, I wanna get my Bunraku modelled with dark sunglasses. Maybe my Bloodwretches? One kinda looks Cruise-ish. Or Gokudo if they end up in the post-Beta actually being worth buying.