Sign in to follow this  
thebarbalag

2 Pandora Batreps 2/14

Played two games with Pandora, one vs Seamus, the other vs Von Schill.

I managed to eek out victories with canny play, but I have some concerns.

Armor and Ruthless. Pandora has, essentially no answers for them. Also, we need to talk about Incorporeal in this keyword.

Ruthless - Cuts through most of her already tenuous defenses. With Pandora, you're already facing a constant struggle of what to activate due to the large amount of Manipulative in keyword, and Candy's desire to go last besides. Plus, Pandora's mediocre defense, and neat for control, but not exactly going to save her life defensive trigger, isn't going to keep her alive, especially against something like Seamus (built in +flips in close combat!) or Sybelle. Kade, with Manipulative as his only defense is particularly squishy with average defensive stats and 7 Health. Not sure what the point of him is at the moment. He doesn't do much damage, he's not that quick, and he's not that tough. He's incredibly suit dependent, and yes, Pandora can give him a suit, but that's a lot of resources (card and Master action) for a 3" push and a suit.

Suggestion - Lower Pandora's Health to 10 and Terrifying to 12, but increase her Df and Wp to 7 each. Increase Kade's Df to 6, maybe give him the built in Ram for Crit Strike? Maybe increase his Movement to 6? Not sure why the formerly quick (part of their glass cannon thing) are now roughly the same speed as most zombies. Or maybe give him the ability to ignore Armor (hey, that solves one of our other problems!) - preferably not as a trigger, because getting any work out of him requires a trigger.

Armor - I wouldn't mind seeing the return of Retribution's Eye as an Upgrade, but for Pandora, I'd take Kade's knife naturally ignoring Armor. It would give him a purpose in the crew. Or, add a point of damage back to Misery (I mean, keep the push when they gain the appropriate condition, add a point of damage).

Generally, this crew's damage output is pretty lackluster. Carver and Teddy can do some damage, and in a pinch so can Kade, but all but Teddy depend on suits, and in this list, that seems  to mean Pandora's actions (plus cards! No card draw in Keyword, either!) - that's kind of a high price to pay for that extra 1-2 points of damage. More ping from Misery, built in Crit Strike/Armor mitigation for Kade, something to give them a little kick.

Incorporeal - a single point of damage mitigation on very low Health, average Df models isn't doing much at all. Sorrows and the Poltergeist drop in one hit pretty regularly, and take two at most to put down. These are models that need to be close to get anything done, and they just can't survive there for any amount of time. Having enemies take out your low cost Minions in a swing or two, when you're struggling to do any damage at all is kind of bleak.

My end feeling after two games with these stats is that I'm depending on my opponent's mistakes to get anywhere. I can't kill much of anything, my defenses are super fragile. I feel like glass with no cannon.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Having df/wp 7 on a model with terrifying would make her almost unkillable unless you brought a high stat ruthless model - which wouldn't fix the problem with ruthless models killing her, it would just mean that less models and crews could realistically target her

This isn't a problem, just look at Ironsides.

Simply use other means of attacking her, in the corresponding Arcanist Thread you will find a plenrora of advice :)

I would say that pandoras crew currently has very minimal problems with armour depending on how big the model is. Some of them, you should probably ignore (lock them down, push them away, block their charges, slow+stun them) and those are the ones with armour+2 and healing (god damn ice golems). Otherwise you can reliably put quite a lot of damage on a model if you, for instance: self loathing+ slow trigger, fears given form, glimpse of insanity, and then use carver or iggy to put burning on. Assuming pandora is close to the enemy model thats at least 1+1+1+1+1+1+1 = 6 damage spread across 3 activations and minimal wasted damage if you were using bonus actions and low damage AoE attacks to ping and add conditions. Between Candy and Pandora you want to try to slow+stun as many of these big beaty armoured models as possible anyway, and you can use your Misery to either ping them or to move them into annoying positions. 

Hiring  versatile models that ignore armor would be a good idea imo. Hinamatsu and angel eyes have triggers on their attack actions that ignore armor. Serena bowmans twist reality attack actions damage cannot be reduced.

Pandoras crew also has a answer to ruthless models in the form of the poltergeist. The trick will be to have it in the right position so its aura protects the target of the ruthless model.