Tide Pool Markers

Fawoosh

If I could get the input of a mod or Dev here that'd be fantastic;

Would there be any consideration for making a package of say, 10 or so of these markers and/or the Poison clouds for purchase? Since these markers are being manufactured anyway for the starter kits, I don't think it is totally unreasonable to have these as a separate purchase, especially considering the volume in which they can be placed while in the game.

Disclaimer:  I got Abyssinia, my brother got Gibbering Hordes from the kickstarter.  After unboxing everything, it felt like he had too few Tide Pool markers from one pledge, and I felt like I had too many Poison Cloud markers from two pledges.For both Tide Pools and Poison Clouds, how many a player needs during a game is determined entirely by a few choices.

Tide Pools:

• Two created by the allegiance card
  • Up to five created by the Heavy Rains card
  • One additional created by the Stormsiren

As far as I can tell, the most one player would be able to put into play is eight.  How many more do you need to get to that maximum?

Poison Clouds:

• Created by non-repeatable margin trigger on Chemical Fogger attack (Unique Asset)
  • Created by non-repeatable margin trigger on Prince Unathi's Poison Rocket

I'm trying to remember how those are packaged between the Dreadnought and the starter box.  

Theoretically you could get something around seventeen onto the table, but I haven't messed around enough trying to put as many down as possible.  Still, how many specialized markers would you want instead of just bringing along a stack of blank CDs or dry-erase 120mm markers?

For that matter, the marker in the boxes are cardboard.  If you could order a bag of 120mm laser cut markers (like the Kickstarter token sets with their fancy labels), would you rather have that?

Do you really want more cardboard markers (a bag of eight or whatever), or do you just want more markers?

2 hours ago, Fawoosh said:

If I could get the input of a mod or Dev here that'd be fantastic;

Would there be any consideration for making a package of say, 10 or so of these markers and/or the Poison clouds for purchase? Since these markers are being manufactured anyway for the starter kits, I don't think it is totally unreasonable to have these as a separate purchase, especially considering the volume in which they can be placed while in the game.

I'd rather not have a ghetto cd on the table. I would much prefer to have a more official looking marker, cardboard or otherwise.

As an aside, Stormsiren gets a morale action in glory to create more. So that is potentially 3 a turn.

18 hours ago, solkan said:

Oh, heck, I didn't notice the Stormsiren's glory side morale action.  So theoretically that's ten more, for a theoretical maximum of 18 Tide Pools.  :o

Yes, precisely. And I find a lot of value in board/terrain control, so my want of markers is high.

• Agree 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/28/2019 at 5:26 AM, solkan said:

Poison Clouds:

• Created by non-repeatable margin trigger on Chemical Fogger attack (Unique Asset)
  • Created by non-repeatable margin trigger on Prince Unathi's Poison Rocket

I'm trying to remember how those are packaged between the Dreadnought and the starter box.  

I got four with my Aby Allegiance Box but none with the Dread, were there supposed to be some with the Dreadnought?

46 minutes ago, Rannith said:

I got four with my Aby Allegiance Box but none with the Dread, were there supposed to be some with the Dreadnought?

I too far away from my markers at the moment, but four in the allegiance box and none in the Titan box sounds like what was in the Kickstarter distribution as well.

But got everything at once and promptly combined everything into smaller storage containers, so I can’t prove what was where.

9 hours ago, solkan said:

I too far away from my markers at the moment, but four in the allegiance box and none in the Titan box sounds like what was in the Kickstarter distribution as well.

But got everything at once and promptly combined everything into smaller storage containers, so I can’t prove what was where.

Unfortunately I didn’t get in on the KS so I am limited to what has come out retail. As it was my Aby Allegiance Box didn’t have any objective tokens so I’m not sure what should have been where

5 hours ago, Rannith said:

Unfortunately I didn’t get in on the KS so I am limited to what has come out retail. As it was my Aby Allegiance Box didn’t have any objective tokens so I’m not sure what should have been where

Huh.  You definitely should have gotten a sheet of objective markers, I think.

There should be the stratagem cards, the prototype cards, the allegiance card, a deck, the objective markers and the gas clouds.  If you’re not sure, I would just use the contact form and write in what you got.

23 minutes ago, solkan said:

Huh.  You definitely should have gotten a sheet of objective markers, I think.

There should be the stratagem cards, the prototype cards, the allegiance card, a deck, the objective markers and the gas clouds.  If you’re not sure, I would just use the contact form and write in what you got.

Thank’s I will do so.