2019 Monthly Painting Challenge - March

Caedrus

20 hours ago, Diddick said:

The truth is I still struggle when it comes to big surfaces... and i was afraid i'd make the back of the coat too bright, so I rather preferred to keep it darker than it should be

I hear ya. I hate painting big surfaces too, to the degree that I actively avoid playing crews with too many capes and big coats! No Bandits or Oxfordian Mages for me. :)

@Boomstick Those fireflies are taaaaasty. I'd leave the wing veins yellow. If you want 'em to pop more, I think you should strengthen the orange lining around them. I'd like to see a wee splash of yellow at the top of the right bicep and perhaps a deepening of the downward facing shadows on the skull head dude, but really that's just icing on a nicely executed cake.

@Caedrus Nice definition on those buzzard feathers. Very clean. The base looks comparatively unfinished though - any chance of a final drybrush or two to bring out the texture?

47 minutes ago, misterfinn said:

Those fireflies are taaaaasty. I'd leave the wing veins yellow. If you want 'em to pop more, I think you should strengthen the orange lining around them. I'd like to see a wee splash of yellow at the top of the right bicep and perhaps a deepening of the downward facing shadows on the skull head dude, but really that's just icing on a nicely executed cake.

@misterfinn thanks so much for the compliment, AND the suggestion! I may do just that!

On 3/10/2019 at 7:26 PM, Diddick said:

Here's my 8SS for march, the Midnight Stalker finished!

I like it a lot. It give the idea of deep night: perfect for Malifaux where all actions take place at night. Wonderfull shades on the base too! Congrats.

And congrats for your assistant: he's huge!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PetitDalek said:

Miracles happen, I  finished my pledge early :D I present to you my Asura Roten  made from V1 Molly:

Love it. Great texture on the dress and colour balancing on the base. The face is fabulous and hair landed a place in my reference folder.

Is the scheme a reference to April from the Turtles, or is she a yellow-wearing auburn haired reporter by coincidence? 😀

• Thanks 1

Thanks to everyone for lovely comments! I wanted to experiment a bit on the dress. My plan is to make a matching Reva crew in greens and browns....once I buy the box. Tbh, green is there, because I didn't have any other tufts and was eager to finish Molly's...ehm...Asura's skeletons. I had never painted green before, I only have three  pots of the colour.

@lusciousmccabe I don't know who April is, sorry 😅

@Viruk it is the one off off eBay. My boyfriend put in a placeholder bid assuming he'd be out bid and wasn't.  I like some of the models, myranda I think is cool and I like a bigger jackalope (tho yours is amazing), but there's parts on the jackalope and Marcus that I just don't like (I really hate Marcus's genie pants).  Great work on both your models, it makes my 1/2 finished cojo look like junk (I love the eyebrows ha)

• Like 1

I will have to wake up someday if I don't want to mull this month :(

Anyway, I'm pissed because I've not yet received my pledge for ToS and I don't have much Malifaux remaining to paint. Mostly 2nd or 3rd "if only I want to play another one" models... not what inspire me the most.

Also, I'm working on a diorama, but that's not Malifaux to be counted.