8 minutes ago, santaclaws01 said:

Yes. Fae models are the Titania crew.

Sorry!ūüėĆ anyway, bultungin and rogarou can move potentially of 16". Titania 20". Waldgeist has ambush...

Just now, Massi1989 said:

Sorry!ūüėĆ anyway, bultungin and rogarou can move potentially of 16". Titania 20". Waldgeist has ambush...

And Killjoy, Aeslin and the Gorar all have the exact same speed as the Kinights, and the Waldgeist only moves 1" more with Ambush. And of all the fae models, only Titania can put herself outside of being in range for a Knight to be able to Challange anything near her in 1 activation after starting b2b.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, santaclaws01 said:

And Killjoy, Aeslin and the Gorar all have the exact same speed as the Kinights, and the Waldgeist only moves 1" more with Ambush. And of all the fae models, only Titania can put herself outside of being in range for a Knight to be able to Challange anything near her in 1 activation after starting b2b.

But in the economy of the game that Challenge is usless comparing with drop scheme or moving extra! That's what i say! 

• Respectfully Disagree 1

Although I think Fae are currently great, that has also been my issue for months: The knights having no other job but to tarpit, but also being the last ones to get to the party. Waldgeists can get where they need faster than the knights can.

1 minute ago, Saduhem said:

Although I think Fae are currently great, that has also been my issue for months: The knights having no other job but to tarpit, but also being the last ones to get to the party. Waldgeists can get where they need faster than the knights can.

That's what i said! Are very beautiful miniatures, but in every game they are always the last choice! Always!

I like Fae. I think tits is slippery and durable as hell, i think the gorar is gold when used appropriately (10pts for turning him into the Rider) and i think Wrath can be a useful addition. Admittedly, thats taking a min of 18 ss ook, but still.

I havent played them, but i feel like the idea is to draw the enemy into the meat grinder. Bubbling a bit i guess

I really can't agree that knights are too slow. Considering how much underbrush markers hampers enemy movement and that they can walk twice and still challenge I'd say they're fine. They're tanky, have a deceptively good damage track with both puncture and into thorns, and challenge is a really good rule. I can't see myself fielding 3 and often I only field 1. But for seven stones I don't think you can expect more from them. 

Plus if you're using rider he can carry one up the board. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

15 hours ago, Massi1989 said:

But in the economy of the game that Challenge is usless comparing with drop scheme or moving extra! That's what i say! 

I disagree but I can understand that it may be a style difference. Unless you use a similar argument that attacks actions are much weaker than scheme dropping and movement.

Challenge fits into the denial of enemy action. There are certainly some games where challenge is not going to be a huge use,  but there are plenty of games where it will disrupt the enemy plans.

As well as its possible use on controlling enemy beaters it can also be used to control enemy support actions. (Von Shills load up, Lucius chaining actions and so forth).

If you play a game where there isn't a significant engagement, or a long range fire fight then it is unlikely to generate much use, but it doesn't take actions to perform, if it causes 1 or 2 discards over the course of the game its probably not wasted.  But those games are not that common and often noticeable based on scheme pools and master choices, especially if one player is not trying for them.

• Agree 3

How about we get rid of Germinate on Autumn Knights to make room for Bring It!, they don't need to have good movement if they can move the enemy to them.

• Respectfully Disagree 3

I honestly think knights are perfect, I like them and while not fast they are not slow.

Turn one you can drop one with a rider for additional movement, or just double walk them and ey, you are in the centreline. What does people need of them? to get all the way into the enemy deployment zone turn one? Not many models can do that.

Has anyone played Aeslin lately? I'm still having my doubts on how to use her, or whether to even bother. What is her goal, how do you guys use her?

@LexLock I would be very sad to see germinate go for bring it. Underbrush markers are the bread and butter of this crew and the more I can get the better.

@kaintxu She has build in into thorns on her decay. That's her main selling point for me. The ability to move an enemy model 4" (2" to underbrushmarker and then 2"for placing it on the opposite side) is great, plus she gives blasts with injured so it gets easier to kill the model with whatever is waiting on the other side of the marker.

Generally I really don't get any complaints about movement in Fae. If you want your knight to tank something move it close to the knight with into thorns. Last knight I moved an Ice Golem back 8" with Aeslin, leaving it behind an underbrush marker and unable to get back into the fight for the rest of the turn. I could just as easily have thrown it towards a knight or walgeist if I wanted to engage it.

• Agree 1

Yes the move is nice, that's were my internal fight comes in. Do I gest Aeslin at 8 points or Hinamatsu at 9?

While she is not in theme, she follow the resilient theme with her DF 5 Armour 2, flurry is great with her decent attack thanks to Ml 6+ and onslaugh, Leverage can work out quite well, and Lure is always great.

3 hours ago, kaintxu said:

apart from a ranged attack, what does Aeslin do better than Hinamatsu?

She moves enemy models with the built in ‚Äúinto thorns‚ÄĚ trigger, 2‚ÄĚ + 50mm base.¬†

Blast damage. 

She also has a trigger to drop scheme markers with decay and can replace corps or scrap with scheme markers as her free action. 

Hinimatsu is obviously a better and more durable beater. 

The roles are just very different. Aeslin brings things to the crew not available elsewhere. There are several reasonable choices of beaters, all with slightly different utility (Killjoy, Rider, Hinimatsu).  

• Like 1

Last night i played vs a mate, and he found titanias free action, the Queens Command, oppressive. The ability to drop a 50mm marker underneath 2-4 models twice a turn and deal an unavoidable 1 damage to each. I racked up about 2p damage overall over the course of the game.

Broken? Do we need to add a tn15/16 duel just to make it avoidable?

48 minutes ago, Wenshai said:

Last night i played vs a mate, and he found titanias free action, the Queens Command, oppressive. The ability to drop a 50mm marker underneath 2-4 models twice a turn and deal an unavoidable 1 damage to each. I racked up about 2p damage overall over the course of the game.

Broken? Do we need to add a tn15/16 duel just to make it avoidable?

No I don't think so. It's the exact same as blast damage being unavoidable.  Just have your models more than 50mm apart.

If you have 4 models all within 50mm of each other, it's either due to the board, good play by the Fae player (which deserves to be rewarded), or bad play by the opponent (who hopefully learns and doesn't do it next time)

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

I mentioned in a previous thread that I would like to see knights focus more on their challenge ability. Right now it isn't very good, but it is a unique ability in the faction that could really help define them.

2 hours ago, esqulax said:

I mentioned in a previous thread that I would like to see knights focus more on their challenge ability. Right now it isn't very good, but it is a unique ability in the faction that could really help define them.

I have actually found challenge ability great when you have 2 of them and titania midfield and you are facing a couple of beaters. Forces your opponent to do things they don't want to do, so I really see nothing bad with it.