HipsterWhale

Rooster rider

15 hours ago, I'm a Teapot! said:

Bushwhaker are among the worst models you can get for their cost. In the entire game. 

Yeah, they might not be the best comparison point but they were the only other Tricksy model with the same gun. Still, even without the comparison I think that Roosters shoot too good for what they are and that also makes them a bit too good due to the mitigation of their chief weakness of being squishy.

Summa summarum: I feel that Roosters should be toned down a bit and I think that their shooting prowess is the place to do so.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

Yeah, they might not be the best comparison point but they were the only other Tricksy model with the same gun. Still, even without the comparison I think that Roosters shoot too good for what they are and that also makes them a bit too good due to the mitigation of their chief weakness of being squishy.

Summa summarum: I feel that Roosters should be toned down a bit and I think that their shooting prowess is the place to do so.

I feel they should remain the same, or replace a bit of mobility with any form of defensive ability.

• Agree 1

Just now, I'm a Teapot! said:

I feels they should remain the same, or replace a bit of mobility with any form of defensive ability.

Yes, the rooster gunline is such an interesting concept to play !

• Respectfully Disagree 2

2 hours ago, gertermit said:

Rooster riders are GREAT!

the rest of Mah's crew makes me a little bit confused...

Do you have specific questions? What is confusing you? Perhaps the community can help you find the role of each model in the faction. Where they might be useful in terms of S&S. 

On 2/26/2019 at 4:37 AM, HipsterWhale said:

Yeah the ability to just gunline people makes a lot of nongames. 

I disagree completely. What is your opponent doing? Do they have more than 1 crew to play? There is counter play options in each faction against whatever could be brought. If someone declares Mah tucket, Von Schill, Perdita, Ophelia.... what are you going to do? There are a lot of shooting crews in this game and they wont all be nerfed.

• Agree 3

I don't think all shooting should be nerfed. I actually think shooting is in a very bad state if almost every shooter in the game has to ignore a cover/concealment mechanic in order to see play

I think roosters in particular are too powerful. 

• Agree 2

20 hours ago, Fixxer said:

Do you have specific questions? What is confusing you? Perhaps the community can help you find the role of each model in the faction. Where they might be useful in terms of S&S. 

Well, I don't see a good universal teem for Mah.

Mah's idea - to go forward and to beat the opponent's models. But there are only roosters who can create attacking pressure. Brin and Trixiebelle are marvelous, but they are supporting models. 

Other option - to play using Pit Traps a lot, but you need to fill your crew with Bushwakers. And what will you do with them further? They don't ignore friendly fire, when they shoot into engage. They place Pit Trap near you - that means, you're waiting the enemy to come to you - but they can't suppress melee beaters.

And I don't see how to use the synergy with constructs effectively. In-keyword are only survivors, test subjects ang soulstone miners. Mostly schemerunners. 

To say the truth, I played Mah not much for now, and I definitely should try more, but now it's not clear for me (except the roosters :) )

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, gertermit said:

Well, I don't see a good universal teem for Mah.

Mah's idea - to go forward and to beat the opponent's models. But there are only roosters who can create attacking pressure. Brin and Trixiebelle are marvelous, but they are supporting models. 

I dont think that is the case. I dont think she is an aggressive beater master or crew. I think she dictates board state  by interacting and setting up her schemes early and making her opponent spend actions cleaning up the mess. At that point she can utilize her movement tricks and support to separate models even more, or flat out kill them. She doesnt have the df tech to go into the teeth of other beater models/crews. Its a clever and deceptive approach to spreading them out and picking them off. You have to use the entire board and force your opponents hand. 

With a crew that has so many pushes and scamper on every card, its easy to move a model that has already activated out of engagement. Either your model (scamper) or theirs (lure, horrible hollerin) and at that point your bushwhackers should be getting shots off with their 14" gun.

Pit traps can be used effectively with Mahs crew. She has a trigger to push models with knock aside, mass hysteria and she has horrible hollerin. Trixie can lure models into them and most of her crew have triggers to move models.  

Positioning will be so very important with this crew but that will come with time playing it into multiple scenarios. A 1" or 2" could be the difference between getting the most out of this crews synergy and thats where the skill comes in, IMO. 

Good conversation for sure.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fixxer said:

With a crew that has so many pushes and scamper on every card, its easy to move a model that has already activated out of engagement. Either your model (scamper) or theirs (lure, horrible hollerin) and at that point your bushwhackers should be getting shots off with their 14" gun.

Yeah, should pay more attention to that possibility, thanks!

On 2/27/2019 at 6:21 PM, HipsterWhale said:

I don't think all shooting should be nerfed. I actually think shooting is in a very bad state if almost every shooter in the game has to ignore a cover/concealment mechanic in order to see play

Its the other way around.  The shooters that ignore everything see play because they are clearly stronger. They basically have the same stats, same damage tracks as meele models but they

a) have pressure
b) have 1-2 extra shots since they don't need to close the gap.