Kassa's Emergency Repairs

13th Warrior

Question

Can Kassa flip an Asset to the Disabled side with Emergency Repairs, and then flip it back for a net 4 card draw in combination with Spare Parts?

Emergency Repairs (6 v 10 | 3"): Target friendly Titan
@ an Asset of your choice. If an Asset is @ in this way,
draw a card.

Spare Parts: When a friendly Titan within 12" @ s or
discards one or more Assets, draw a card.

I'm not seeing anything to prevent this, but want to make sure I haven't missed anything

Cheers

9 answers to this question

42 minutes ago, 13th Warrior said:

Can Kassa flip an Asset to the Disabled side with Emergency Repairs, and then flip it back for a net 4 card draw in combination with Spare Parts?

Emergency Repairs (6 v 10 | 3"): Target friendly Titan
@ an Asset of your choice. If an Asset is @ in this way,
draw a card.

Spare Parts: When a friendly Titan within 12" @ s or
discards one or more Assets, draw a card.

I'm not seeing anything to prevent this, but want to make sure I haven't missed anything

Cheers

Spare Parts says "discards one or more Assets".

Swap Sides (what the rules call that icon that looks like a door) isn't discarding the asset.

When you use Emergency Repairs, you don't get a card draw from Spare Parts because you haven't discarded an Asset.

There's a completely different discussion concerning Emergency Repairs and its trigger for whether you get:

• One card draw from the main action effect.
  • One card draw from the trigger (because of the "If an Asset is [Swap Sides] in this way..." text

but what you're asking about specifically is "No.  You didn't discard anything."

Edit:  Arg.  I take all of that back.  I missed the fact that Spare Parts said "[Swap Sides] or discards".  This forum really needs to get that icon for rules questions.  :(

So, yeah, that is allowed.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, enchantedsord said:

This is good to know because it came up for me as well.  Are we saying the trigger must target another upgrade and can't target the same one?

Yes, trigger is another Upgrade.

But you can flip between back and front as you like if you're declaring the action multiple times :)