AlexDS

Hamlin. Thoughts and reflections.

Is it everyone's opinion that Hamelin and the plauge crew is good the way they are? I admit the crew is good, and its pretty close to beeing "done". 
Since there have been close to no updates to his crew since the launch of open beta, and really not much in close proximity to that either. You beguin to wonder.
I get it that there are more urgent matters, and that those things take time. Crews that don't really funcion at all and big rules to look at and rework.
But with that being said i still think a little love would be in order, some small tweaks as other models gets.

If you think the crew is perfect, thats nice. I on the other hand still think some things can improve, without breaking him into the old m2e "Hamelin of doom". I know some things may be unpopular opinions, but take it with a bit of salt. This would really be the "absolut best tweaking" of this crew and could if everything were to be implemented, probably eliminate the most (if not all) of the crews weaknesses. 

Here comes a bit of brain vommit on my thoughts of the whole Hamlin crew as it is right now, and where you could take it. Feel free to discuss and maby I'll change my mind about it's "completeness". For a note I love the crew, and would probably still keep playing it even if the finished product were what it is now. But I still want it to be the best it possibly can be. 

Lastly; what kind of tactics do YOU normally go for when you play Hamelin? Myself I've found kind of good success togheter with Parker Barrows. The base of my lists most often looks like this:

Hamelin
Stolen x3
Benny Wolcomb
Prospector
Rat catcher
Obediant wretch
Malifaux rat x2
-> 29 SS
And some more models who can drop scheme markes. Hodgepodge effigy/emissary, Parker Barrows, Winged plauge, sometimes, Malifaux child.

Tactic: Drop 4-5 markers in a + or x around Benny, give fast to the 2 rats yet to activate and sacrifice 1 stolen for 2 rats. Summon 4 new rats with Benny. activate Hamelin to group up and form ratkings with fast and focused. Lure with Hamelin and; Fire away! (most optimal is to get some scheme markers in a forward possition aswell, so the rat kings can Gnaw their way forward.)

Wishlist:

Plauge Crew:
The whole crew has weak damage 2 or less and the only model that exceeds 4 severe is the rat kings. An experience I have had is that the whole plauge crew has a very hard time against any and all Ressurectionists. The different combinations of Terrifying/Hard to wound/Incorporeal makes it really hard to take high wound count models down, when you most often concentrate to still only deal 1-2 damage per model. Rat king's is perhaps the only exception, but they can no longer get focused 4-5 and are really hard to protect, resulting in them not always (but often) getting a positive or straight flip for damage. In such occations Bleeding disease is probably the most efficiant way to deal damage, but it still comes down to how much blight you are able to stack before you even get the chance to cast it.

Concensus: I'ts not my meaning that you should up the base damage on the models. But it sure would be nice for at least some models, to get perhaps :+flip to damage flips when the blight count goes up (like The stolens Vomiting disease). Or if the rats accuallt would deal higher damage to targets with higher blight instead of how many rats there are in proximity. 

I've almost never won a initiative without cheating with Hamelin, becouse of the sheer number of pass tokens he gives away. Most oftenly starting with 11-13 models 5-7 pass tokens for the opponent is no stranger to me. One factor for this the 3 stolen you get to start with, and also depending on how many rats you want to start of with. I really don't know if it does matter now that they removed the card draw. I guess it just makes up for a more pleasant game experiance for the opponent, not to be out activated every game. 

Benny Wolcomb
The rat summoner. At least turn 1-2. Then he is just a 8 SS scheme runner who dies relativly easy? Or what is your opinions? Sure he can clumbsilly dish out some damage with the sword or gun, but his access to Fast is probably the best thing about him, when you want him to make a scheme marker of a rat, or summon some new ones from your enemies markers. Then he dies. Thats the problem. With no defencive abillities and no self heal, he is kind of lacking something.
Solution:  Either give him back some kind of rat shielding or a version of "the other white meat" for him to accually do something with the rats he summons from taking damage. In my opinion the latter, some kind of consume ablillity. In that way a player still need to cheat high or use stones to prevent damage, and it prevents him from summoning five rats and get armor/shielded 5 straight away. 

Winged Plauge:
Dies as soon as you look at it. Needs Armor 1 or similar to even be worth takeing. If it were to be the way it is, It probably would have to drop 1 ss in cost for me to even think about useing it stricktly as a flying blight bomb with Hamelin. The push at the end of the round is useful if you activate the winged plauge last the turn before, push into a group, then activate Hamelin to blow it up. Never the less, you almost NEVER want to be close to an opponent with a winged plauge. the further away, the better. And that renders the abillity kind of useless. Could they instead remove the :aura6" limitation, and lower the amout of push, it would instead be usefull. Both for scheming/anti schemerunner purposes aswell as for getting closer to drop markers/ making a bomb out of it. 

Hamelin:
Give Hamelin a bonus action - Either Unclean Influence (since it's a once per action abillity anyway) which will enable Hamelin to do more on his own later in game without having to choose to give a rat king an additional action, or to do something himself. Or Pustulent Tumors, which is already situational at best. it still gives him the opportunity to possition rats with unclean as an action and then blow them up with the bonus action, and still be able to do more than just a walk. 

Take a look on Black staff - With the new injured ruling, Terminate trigger on Black staff really got itself a thorn. Fine, you can more easily take down an opponent, but it doesnt give you the same defensive option anymore, since it doesnt effect thier TN's on their attacks. That by itself can be overlooked. But Hamelin doesnt do verry much damage, nor anything else with the attack. The skittering vermin trigger on Black staff is something I personally have never used in like 10+ games with Hamelin. Either it should be reworked into something else (damage depending on half of the blight value?) or have a:mask built in, becouse you almost never feel like cheating a high :mask (which might get resisted) that you otherwise could have used for onslaugt with a ratking, just to move a vermin 3".

This last one is a bit more wishful thinking that is never going to be implied, but it has some thought behind it.
"Obey vermin trigger" on Lure - The trigger on Lure is a bit more useful, if you already have blight on the target, and are willing to do what it takes to get the suit. one thought I got was to add, or change the Skittering vermin trigger to "Obey vermin/Pied piper" perhaps with dual suit to get it of, and a restriction to only target the same model once each turn. That way you get some more of the flavor of the Piper back, and are able to to a greater extent use the rats/ratkings and winged plauges instead of Hamelins, meeh, attacks. 

The Malifaux rats, and making a Ratking:
The rats are more of a resource now than ever. Summoning them however is more of an added benefit than a thing to be counted with. they are if not more easy to get rid of now, than before. With the new shockwave abillitys :new-Pulse:and change in some of the blast rules (Blast on weak damage is still 1:blastdamage), so i'ts quite unpleasant to group them together. Even to maximize the payoff with the rats, they do need to be in groups. Be it summoning a ratking, the "Swarm 'em" abillity with Benny Wolcomb, raising shielded on a Rat catcher, or just attacking with them to accually deal some damage. Some abillitys lets rats be rats on thier own. Pustulent tumors from Hamelin, Woozy rat from Benny, Ratsnack from Rat catcher (which totally should have been a bonus action btw) and Consume from the Rat king. Otherwise, they dont accually do much more than dying and letting you draw cards. None the less the possitioning of the rats is key to all these abillities. With the Mindless abiliity summoning them to be statues, the only option we have to move them is:
A) Unclean influence, 
B) Skittering vermin triggers or
C) Rat catecher's Rotting Odor.

All of them are viable options, and works.... the first 1-2 rounds. Then it gets more tricky when they are more spread out. The rats then have to decide wheter they want to move, or if they want to reduce the amount of pass tokens the opponent have, making yet another choice regarding mobillity. So the longer we get into the game, the more of the "Single rat" abillities we use over trying to get a rat king summon. Perhaps it's intended for Hamelin no to be a Summoner anymore, but it still would have been nice for it to be a Litte bit easier to replenish these glass cannon 7 point models even round 4-5.  A rat summoned turn 3 does not get to activate before turn 4. if there are rats that has yet to activate within range to make a ratking, great, you can activate a ratking two times before the game is over. If not, you probable will have to use up round 4 to collect them, and then tangle them with a rat that hopefully have fast, to get two AP left from a Rat King. The only real option here is Unclean influence and its vital usage in a Vermin ridden crew.  

I have no solution, and it necessarily isn't a problem. The only thing that makes up a restriciton is that you almost most often need to possition Hamelin in an exact way, and always use unclean influene, even if it just forces 1-2 rats to move etc. Therefore once again, making it a bonus action would really be a nice thing.

Enter the dreamland:

A new model:
Would be welcomed. A Vermin enforcer perhaps? A tarpit/beater /bruiser now that Hamelin has lost Killjoy. A nice abillity would have been to mutate rats into winged plauge so you would'nt have to hire those wothle.... eeh, great schemerunners? At least a fluffy new model, who reflects the Tyrant Plauge's resiliance and decaying presence. Not a rat, but still vermin. Aaah. Glory days should it come to us. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

13 minutes ago, AlexDS said:

A new model:
Would be welcomed. A Vermin enforcer perhaps? A tarpit/beater /bruiser now that Hamelin has lost Killjoy. A nice abillity would have been to mutate rats into winged plauge so you would'nt have to hire those wothle.... eeh, great schemerunners? At least a fluffy new model, who reflects the Tyrant Plauge's resiliance and decaying presence. Not a rat, but still vermin. Aaah. Glory days should it come to us. 

Rat Emperor, made of three Rat Kings. A 9' monster made of thousands tiny rats that devours everything in range and may spit rats at range. 

I agree he needs some minor tweaks. The blight stacking is still painfully slow at times to make bleeding edge disease an effective damage dealer. At least give him a bonus action & give him another trigger on the lure, hes meant to be a master (as Neveborne as a faction have multiply non-master models with lure 7 & multiply triggers),

Also summoning off Bennie can be effective but he is so easy to kill by an opponent which pretty much shuts down Hamelins crew late game once hes dead.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zebo said:

Rat Emperor, made of three Rat Kings. A 9' monster made of thousands tiny rats that devours everything in range and may spit rats at range. 

That sounds like a unit that would really hate nutcrackers. 

• Haha 1

I haven't liked Hamelin ever since he stopped summoning stolen back in the closed beta. They were the only really functional way to summon rats/rat Kings and without them he's basically just the blight king. I'd actually rather see rats go away altogether or just become a token as they feel like a stub of a mechanic these days.

I doubt that will happen or that there will be  a reversion. Many seem to feel he's in a good place now, but I thought he was pretty balanced when he summoned and was less mechanically scattered. 

So to be realistic my only wish for the list is to change Benny's surname to Wolcombe, there's something weird about the way it looks without the e.

• Agree 3

In fact, I've pushed many times for the return of Stolen-summon, specially since they lost Bleeding Disease and were not oppressive, but it really seems that nobody cares. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, Zebo said:

In fact, I've pushed many times for the return of Stolen-summon, specially since they lost Bleeding Disease and were not oppressive, but it really seems that nobody cares. 

Well, best case Scenario, we get the stolen summoning back. I too have pledged for it, mainly as a solution to the free card giveaway that passtokens were earlier. But I fear that the final word has been said in this matter already. I'd rather have then summoning, but I can manage without them. 

• Agree 2

If anyone pushes for a new model in the crew I'm still voting for the fumigator dude in above the law. 

I'm iffy on summoning stolen again. If that's allowed we'd need to rebalance Agony to account for that, as well as the demise power on the stolen themselves. The rat engine can go off the rails pretty quick if we aren't careful. 

That said, I wouldn't be against it if it's balanced out correctly, as long as it's attached to a bonus action. Either on its own, and we lose pustulent tumors, or as a trigger to unclean influence after making it into a bonus. Exercising hamelin's will sounds like something that could have a stolen summon trigger to me. 

Hamelin has gone from my favourite master to one that feels like an absolute chore to play. 

Between the low damage tracks, the fragility of everything in the crew, the loss of replacement kids, pass tokens feeling like it actually punishes me for playing the theme and countless other things that just doesn't feel great I've just moth balled this crew and turned to other ones that at least feels fun. 

• Agree 3

if it stood to me, then drop the summoning + replace mechanic's importance for this crew and go all in on blight. make rats a ressource like exploding for blight, armur, plus flips and so on. like, if I just think of the top of my mind then do something like make rats into markers, like a 30 mm, sz 1, impassable, destructible (this way the models are still relevant), then make stuff like blight "spawn" off of these markers, not like rasputina but not far of, like instead of "arcnoding" like raspy, then like activating near them causes blight, fightning near them gives us extra oomph to our abilities like consume them for plus flips or plus damage (like a rat kings gets stronger cause it's joined by another rat), or gives shielded/armour like the rat catcher, healing from being discarded and so on... then they can still be moved by abilities like hamelins and rat catchers and so on, so we can reposition them to the place we want still, but they aren't there to be activated, and there won't be a "rat engine" any longer. I agree with @ebolazaire that hamelin feels like a chore, and I can't see myself playing him at a tournament as I am sorely worried about time and playing the game in 2,5 hours.

the more I think about making the rats into markers the more I like it, as it would remove a lot of the issues I see with them right now, we would still get to use the models (instead of a cardboard token/marker) and we could make all kinds of interactions with them and use them as a ressource without spending time activating them/handing out pass tokens

(edit: sorry for all the "like...", it's not how I usually write :P but clearly I got excited and got carried away without being able to define the details :D )

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Beta nearing end & still no bonus action on this master? Why is he that broken...I don’t see it he’s nowhere near OP after doing his 1st summoning he’s usually a turn behind on scoring due to the AP investment? Weird wyrd

• Agree 2

Could be because he gets an extra 4 AP via totems.

On final review I'll probably give Hamelin a whirl at some stage, but he's far less enticing than when he did what he used to do (summoning) and I might only be attached still because of the crew I have painted. 

23 hours ago, lusciousmccabe said:

Could be because he gets an extra 4 AP via totems. 

How did you think there? Big downside is that the totems are insignificant. And the give away fast only work on vermin = rats who becomes kings, for it not to become a card sink.

I and more have posted good suggestions about changes for him all open beta. No change at all that I remember. Really sad. 

2 hours ago, AlexDS said:

How did you think there? Big downside is that the totems are insignificant. And the give away fast only work on vermin = rats who becomes kings, for it not to become a card sink.

I and more have posted good suggestions about changes for him all open beta. No change at all that I remember. Really sad. 

They can do it on Winged Plague if you want to get down some early schemes at a card premium. Can't rush them into your opponent's DZ as easily now since the changes in flight though.

And I'd say 4 x Vomiting Disease is at least as good as most masters :ToS-Fast: when you get it to work.

Hamelin didn't seem to attract much attention in the open or closed Beta from what I saw. This wasn't so bad as his crew was nearly fully functional from the get go, but then he lost summoning, got a bunch of weird fixes and just kind of sat there.

I guess he might be functional now, but I miss him being the Pied Piper. Think he could have kept a lot of that flavour without needing to put out a rat king every other turn. For example if he still summoned all the rats but they were less useful. Devs decided to go the other way though and I feel it put him in a mess of a place where he actually seems to care about rats and expect them to do some some work, while also treating them as just an expendable resource.

Also, it annoys me that the Benny engine is relevant. Not only is it the kind of early game wheel spinning I thought they were trying to get rid this edition, but it seems sort of ridiculous that a Bandit Henchman can summon rats more effectively than Hamlin can.  

• Agree 3

Seeing as the Stolen's job is to get killed, them being Insignificant is honestly a benefit, otherwise he'd be an awful take into Reckoning.

Wohoo! This was really needed for my future commitment to Hamelin. I were on the edge of giving him up, but now my hope is somewhat re-ignited! Way to go!

I'm here again this time with some observational comparisons. I had the oppritunity to play against a Sandeep player the other day, playing with his elementals focus aura buffing style.  I did not play Hamelin at the time, but a comparison between the Academic crew and the Plauge crew can sure highlight some problem areas with Hamelin and co.

I'm going to try myself to do a side by side Hamelin vs. Sandeep divided in four parts;
Defence, Damage, Summoning and Support, just to point out the obvious differances.  Thereafter I'm going to move on to general crew synergies.

1. Damage
Hamelin have 2 more wounds and +1 Def in differance to Sandeep. He also has the Demise abillity, letting him sacrifice a stolen and heal 5 istead of dying.
He can also cancel triggers from models near him, and choose to not gain conditions by discarding a card.

Sandeep have an automatic +2 shielding at the start of every turn, effectivly reducing all damage dealt to him.

Winner: Hamelin, over all he is harder to kill than Sandeep.

2. Offence
Hamelins melee attack is stat 6 with 2/3/4 and gives a blight token. Built in trigger gives injured. Others can summon Malifaux rats or move a vermin 3".
Sandeeps melee attack is stat 5 with 2/3/4 with built in trigger to stack his fate deck.

Hamelins ranged attack needs blight to deal damage, and thus requires some effort to make it work. But on the upside, there is no damage flip, and no cap on damage.
Sandeeps shoot ignores friendly fire from elementals and deals 2/4/5 damage. Triggers can give away stunned or push nearby elementals

Both Hamelin and Sandeep can blow up their own minions (Vermin/Elementals) to deal 2 damage in a pulse. Hamelin get to draw a card due to the vermin's demise, and have a longer range, and Sandeep have a trigger to draw a card, and the gamins and golems often have a demise abillity to do things aswell.

Sandeep also has an aura that make friendly models deal damage to enemy models when they concentrate.

Winner: Tie. While Hamelins melee is strictly better and Sandeeps shoot is better, GIVEN: Hamelin have had no time to setup. Sandeep also has is Aura of pings, he can deal a bit more damage, tipping the scales to his favor. But Overall pretty close.

3. Summoning
Hamelin can summon Malifaux rats (2 ss each, they come in activated (Mindless), and insignificant, can't really deal damage with Ml3 and 0/0/1 damage.) two ways:
Either on a tome trigger in melee 1" (Not built in) or by an enemy model who has blight on it, dies within 6" of Hamelin. Not only is it unreliable due to resources. It also relies heavily on possitioning, and the trade of isnt that good (at least they give you a card when they die). Need 4 to form a Ratking and the rat need to activate to spend an AP to form, which is pretty hard on his own for Hamelin

Sandeep can summon up to 2 models for 1 AP, once per turn. (Your choice of 4 Gamins, worth 4-5 ss all specialized in different things) They come in slowed, but may interact on the turn they are summoned. High Tomes are needed for it to go of.

Winner: Sandeep. This summoning is stupid good on its own. Pass tokens does not make up for the abillity to summon 40-50 ss in a game, all beeing able to interact or deal damage the turn they enter. And since the gamins only need to be 3 in order to form a Golem, getting one turn 2 is really easy, Combined with all the mantra auras in the crew, its bordeline insane.

4. Support

Hamelin can "Obey" all vermin within 6" as a bonus action, moving them 3" and letting them preform a non-bonus action, and on a tome all rats gain focused.  
(Malifaux rats can tangle, Rat kings can Charge and Winged plauges can... fly?)

Sandeep can "Obey" one elemental within 6" for 1 ap. (the same target only once per turn as for Hamelin). It pushes 2" and can preform a non-bonus action.
(legal targets; Kandara, Banasuva, Golems, Gamins. = Alot of options of things to do)

Hamelin also has a Lure capable of stacking blight or moving vermins, only the first one is built in. 
Sandeep lets friendly Academics take concentrate actions as bonus actions by discarding a card, triggering alot of Mantra abillities. He can also extend his range on all non-melee actions by 6" (effectivly dubbeling it) by drawing LoS and range from friendly Academics within 6".

Winner: Sandeep. He has better models to obey, and can, when possitioned right do it from 12" away. Additionally, giving Mantra triggers from at least 3 sources, on bonus actions (vishaya guard, Kandara and Sandeep), makes a real change in the crews over all tenacity. Sure Hamelin can move key models away, stack blight and delete them, but a commanded golem or banasuva might aswell do the same thing.

Summary:
Sandeep is the stronger choce of the two, SPECIALLY the summoning. It cant even beguin to compair. 1 High card and perhaps a stone for 2x Minions who can activate and interact the turn they arrive, vs. 2ss 2hp rats, summoned at close range, who cant activate to save themself.  And when you add the crew synergi to that, it is were the real differance is totally noticable. card draw of the roof, heals and repossitioning.

Other summoning engines for Hamelin requires at least 6 activations from 6 different models  (among them are Benny) and 2 hired rats+ sacrificeing a stolen, to reliably summon two Rat kings who can activate turn 1. (see earlier discussions) That is a net gain of 10 ss from the combined effort of 6 models, killing 1 and replacing 2 from the initial hireing pool. 
As a comparison, Sandeep can use a high tome  (or high card and stone for tome) to get the same amount of ss summoned. And that is for 1 AP

'Sure. Hamelin isnt a summoner. But right now, he is nothing.

I want to try to make a proper Battle report with this setup, just to see if I can confirm the differance in powerlevel. 

• Thanks 1

I think Hamelin's problem is that Rats are completely worthless unless you can get four of them together, so they either need to be easier to summon (Voracious Rats has three requirements to go off, there has to be an enemy model within 6" that dies and has a blight token) or more useful.

Perhaps improve the summoning by changing Voracious Rats to LoS (you still need to kill them and put a blight token on them) and change the suit required for the Infestation trigger to a :crow (maybe once per turn.

If you want to make the Rats more useful instead the crew needs more use for fewer Rats, making them able to turn into Winged Plagues if you have 2 rats would make it easier to get use out of them, or alternatively give more models Rat Snack.

As the game is currently I'd almost prefer Malifaux Rats just immediately died for the card draw whenever I summon them off of enemies.

I'd also prefer Hamelin to have more of a melee focus (he doesn't need to hit harder, because blight exists) and it'd be neat if they toned down Demise: Agony (which really encourages him to hang back with his stolen) and gave him Covered in Rats (also super weird that Benny doesn't have this given his model).

9 hours ago, Kolath said:

In your view what one or two things would best help Hamelin?

Hamelin is pretty fine atm, if not for everything related to rats as LexLock states. I wont deny that it would have been super sweet with Black death trigger on Black staff (the same as for rat catchers). The comparison is just to show that he is in fact weaker than other counterparts. It's super wierd that Hamelin ough to have 8ss worth of models to summon a 7 ss minion, who on top of that dies quite easily. If you then want to summon a rat catcher you go down to 6ss. I know its made for balancing purposes so that you just dont hire 3 rats and make it a king instead of hireing it the normal way. In my opinion, the rats have no need to be mindless. Hamelin gives away tons of pass tokens as it is, I could'nt care less if i gave away some every time I summoned a rat. For that I can at least control, when and where I want to do it. As stated earlier the rats does close to nothing, and the resources required to make a ratking (which is the ultimate goal, allways) in AP is to excessive. 

One buff to Hamelin would be so either he could summon rats (or kings) more reliably (High card of tomes like all other summoners?) and that they would move the first round, or that he could use the rats to be upgraded to winged plauges perhaps.

The second is if the voracious rats isnt changed and Hamelin still need to be up close and personal, he need some kind of defensive tec. covered in rats is a good example.

I now realize that everything Ive said is allready covered. But the main problem is the crews synergi

Benny summons rats to resource heavily, and dies way to easily due to not having ratsnack or covered in rats. His summon rats upon damage is in a bit of a wierd place.

Rat catchers Rat shield works, but requires him to have atleast 2 rats beside him, and activate early in order for it to work. leaving the whole group still vulnerable to blasts and shockwaves.

Rats do nothing but dying and its really annoying to have to wait for a round in order to activate them, when possitioning is key to this crew.

Rat kings is ok for what they do. the only problem is its to much effort to replace them, and the do need replacing. they are just as rats, an expendable resource, that deal damage. a cannonball.

Winged plauges is not worth hireing atm. could they be summoned or replaced to in game however (by two rats? or a abillity from a new model?). Then you are trading insignificant for scoring, for the same ss and wounds. 10/10 would use it.

• Agree 3

Any idea on how you would play Hamelin against a summoner? I'm always getting whooped against any summoner because they render Blight-stacking rather ... ineffective.

15 hours ago, whodares said:

Any idea on how you would play Hamelin against a summoner? I'm always getting whooped against any summoner because they render Blight-stacking rather ... ineffective.

I've had some success pairing up with Parker Barrows, and really try to throw the ratkings at key targets Round one. Either weak enemies you know you can kill (schemerunners) or annoying support models that enables interaction that needs to be weakened.

Give the kings fast, push them, and command them closer. Then charge in. Yes, they will die, but if you have the chance, summon a catcher to try to minimalize casualties. The goal is to start spreading blight, and disrupting what ever support the summoner have and crippeling its abillity to summon or scheme. Or taking out the models keeping you from taking out the said summoner. 

If you have a shot at the real threat, by all means go for it. I have managed to kill Von Schtook with a single activation from a Rat King once. So everyting is possible with the right about of cards (and luck). 

Try not to stare yourself blind opon the blightstacks. I hardly ever use Bleeding disease more than like 3 Times each game, and that when it really gives payoff.

Deployment is important. I would recommend never taking Hamelin in corner deployment, unless the strat and schemes really lines up perfectly. And going against a summoner on top of that is pretty much doomed. Wedge or flank is most optimal. That way you can lure people in within Hamelins range and then kill them of. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/15/2019 at 12:55 AM, Kolath said:

In your view what one or two things would best help Hamelin?

Make his rats harder to kill -like ignore shockwaves and blasts. They are small and fast and should not be easy to hit in some sense.

• Agree 1