TOS kill team?

Monkeysword

Hmm.  Yeah, I’ve got to agree with Tris.

Step 1.  Take the individual models off of the group bases, and give them Malifaux stat cards.

Step 2.  Play Malifaux

Unlike 40k, TOD isn’t a skirmish game that expanded over 25 years to become (to varying degrees of success) an army scale game.  There’s no vestigial skirmish game roots to pull out and reuse.

• Respectfully Disagree 1

We have already been teased some cross over pictures with Sonnia and Kirai for TOS, in Guild and court of two.

My infiltrators look a lot like some of the guild guard sculpts (although ironically when I use Guild guard I go to the old metal ones which look more like they belong in a military organisation) , a large number of the Gibbering hordes could stand in as Silurids...

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

I like this idea, small lets say 10-15  script games on a 2x2 or 18" x2f" board.

No commanders or titans (combined arms might be an exception)

Divide the cost of a squad by the number of fire teams and hire them individually.  Other option would be to try to hire by model basis.

this should create a game that you can complete in about an an hour, something malifaux doesn't really do.

• Respectfully Disagree 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2019 at 11:29 AM, Merchant said:

I like this idea, small lets say 10-15  script games on a 2x2 or 18" x2f" board.

No commanders or titans (combined arms might be an exception)

Divide the cost of a squad by the number of fire teams and hire them individually.  Other option would be to try to hire by model basis.

this should create a game that you can complete in about an an hour, something malifaux doesn't really do.

That might be useful as an introductory game.

The resource management side of both Malifaux and TOS is a bit of a step up from a lot of other games.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Merchant said:

True but it could be a fan creation as kill teams was before the last year

The Great Womble Killteam has been around for ages, it started out in White Dwarf, then as a mission option. SWA was just a variant. Confrontation may well have been its precursor (I had given up on WD after about WD96), but there were Necromunda rules published for using 40K figures.