Vendingo

Fuhatsu VS Samurai

Little question.
Which from above is a better option?
For now:
Fuhatsu and Samurai both are for 9ss.
They are Living and Versatile.
Fuhatsu is a Henchman and 50mm. Samurai is a Minion and 30mm.
etc. etc.
I wont mention all the differences because everybody knows their stats and actions.
But is there a winner in this duel ? Or is that a draw ?
What your opinion ? 
PS: Sorry for bad language. English isn't my native :) .

They fill very similar roles. I used both in an event this weekend and found them both to be useful. Fuhatsu is the better ranged option with rapid fire getting still likely get two shots off even while moving, Samurai is more mobile and threatens melee better will tank heavy damage better without stones.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Rugh Z'ull said:

Fuhatsu is also better if you play against a crew with a lot of terrifiyng like Redchapel

Or crews that want to move you (Redchapel again!).

Fuhatsu might not be as good at melee as a Samurai, but the combination of Laugh Off and Scatter makes him a lot more useful in the area occupy/denial game, or getting your shooty on.

Also, it shouldn't be underestimated what SoulStone usage gives Fuhatsu. Want the burst on Samurai? Get lucky. Want it (or Crit Strike) on Fuhatsu? Done, for a price.

• Agree 1

Well, Fuhatsu also have the poorest stats possible for a high value Henchman. Even Lenny is more wise. I'm quite surprise Lenny has been raised to Wp4 in fact...

I think the huge difference between both is the possibility for Samurai to focus as a :ToS-Fast: where Fuhatsu only has its Juggernaut which is not that usefull as a shooter. I think the new Silent protecter will be a perfect addition to him because he is not the target your opponent wants to reach and hard to kill added to its defensive tools will just be awesome. In general, I also take a Tanuki to give 2 focus to Fuhatsu on turn one and to help him deal with everything he suffers with his poor stats.

At first I was the same and thought they were too similar but looking deeper into the models, I agree with the others who said they both have their niche. 

Fuhatsu is the far better shooter with Ruthless, Rapid fire & Stat 6. He also has Scatter & Laugh off, so he can also shoot & hold ground.

Samurai is a far better all rounder with a much better Ml attack (esp against armour), Blade Rush and is a little quicker with Rush. Against a Hoff crew, I'd probably be taking three of these guys...

20 minutes ago, Da Git said:

At first I was the same and thought they were too similar but looking deeper into the models, I agree with the others who said they both have their niche. 

Fuhatsu is the far better shooter with Ruthless, Rapid fire & Stat 6. He also has Scatter & Laugh off, so he can also shoot & hold ground.

Samurai is a far better all rounder with a much better Ml attack (esp against armour), Blade Rush and is a little quicker with Rush. Against a Hoff crew, I'd probably be taking three of these guys...

I wouldn't take 3 Samurai, I don't even know if I'd take 1. Hoffman has Analyse weakness and so if I have a model that has to come close, I wouldn't want its only defensive ability to be armor. I'd prefer Sidir or Shenlong with FRM.

• Agree 1

Just now, bedjy said:

I wouldn't take 3 Samurai, I don't even know if I'd take 1. Hoffman has Analyse weakness and so if I have a model that has to come close, I wouldn't want its only defensive ability to be armor. I'd prefer Sidir or Shenlong with FRM.

You're probably right... although McCabe's Bladed relic looks mighty tasty too!

• Agree 1

Yan Lo was more efficient at the time (“just tell me when they aren’t taking a focused shot and I’ll tell you when I’m not spending a power token on defense *sigh*”), but he has been changed since.

We hadn’t tried Fuhatsu because we didn’t need his specials, but ranged Ruthless is something I have used and enjoyed with the Joss and Ryle tag team.