GM_loke

End Of Turn Damage - Shielded and Armor

Hello, I played my first open Beta Game and a minor timing issue came up. 

on pg 32 in the rulebook:

It states that Shielded is removed "During the End Phase", It also states that Poison and Burning damage is taken "During the end phase".

Does Shielded protect against these two types of damage?

In my game I said yes, since I'm the owner of the model I can choose to resolve the effects in the end phase in any order I want. Not sure this is correct. 

Follow on question. If I would take more than 1 point of damage from poison or Burning, will Armor reduce it to a minimum of 1?

Reading the rulebook I would say yes? 

Grateful for your insight.

Yes, Armour reduces damage from burning and poison.

Yes, when you have multiple conditions on your model to resolve at the same time, you may choose the order they resolve in.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Adran said:

Armour reduces damage from burning and poison.

"Your poison can't hurt me while I'm wearing this SWEET VEST!"

But yeah that's correct.

35 minutes ago, dzlier said:

"Your poison can't hurt me while I'm wearing this SWEET VEST!"

But yeah that's correct.

“My organs may be liquefying but this amazing body-shaper holds in everything...EVERYTHING.” 🥴

(Although, if it’s against McMourning, armor and Shielded haven’t saved you anyway, so.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I haven’t seen anywhere but I wanted to piggyback a question on to this about shield and armor.

a model being hit with an attack has armor two and shield 1, you take the armor first then reduce it to zero or does the shield reduce it first then armor? 

It's your choice, so should be armor down to 1 then shielded down to 0 unless you want to take damage for whatever reason

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, IronmanKC81 said:

a model being hit with an attack has armor two and shield 1, you take the armor first then reduce it to zero or does the shield reduce it first then armor? 

Like @retnab said, you can choose any order you want, because:

Page 37, Simultaneous Effects

Occasionally, an effect will generate multiple effects that occur at the same time. If this happens, they are resolved in the following order:
• The Active player (or the player with Initiative, if there is no Active player) chooses one of their models with one or more unresolved effects and resolves those effects in whatever order they wish. Then, that player chooses another of their models (...)
• The non-Active player resolves any unresolved effects affecting their models, as described above.

Armor and Shielded are resolved at the same time (during damage reduction), so the owner of the model decides about the order.

• Like 1