Sign in to follow this  
bedjy

Kamaitachi

Hi, so there is this little lad I still don't understand why it remains as is.

Currently, it will be bonkers against crews like somer for the draw and there is a huge problem in the use of the Dust Devil Marker (DDM) :

Kamaitachi with a Flicker token :

Use :ToS-Fast: to place a Dust Devil Marker within 6", discarding a flicker token.
Charge a friendly model, using from beyond, cheat a :mask if need be to trigger Into the Vortex :

:maskInto the Vortex:Push a friendly Dust Devil Marker up to 6". Any models the Dust Devil Marker comes into contact with during this Push suffer 1 damage and gain Staggered.

Do it again.

So if I'm not wrong, in a single activation, you can have Kamaitachi place a DDM on a model (dealing 1dmg from hazardous) and pushing it twice (staggered ; 1dmg from hazardous, 1dmg from Vortex ; 1dmg from hazardous, 1dmg from Vortex), to at least 1 model. For a total of 5 damage, without any chance for the enemy model to resist.

I played it yesterday and found the model really awful in its use. It's insignificant (why ?). It's such a fragile model. And it has OP combo. In fact currently, I would summerize Kamaitachi as a trash model with OP actions/ability. Kind of a weird spot, because of its clunky mechanics.

Or could just say : Into the Vortex is enemy only, but then the model would be pure trash unless playing against Ulix or Som'er for its draw ability. Then it would be op, hidden in the depth of our deployment zone.

Ideas of things that could change :

• Change the draw to draw+discard when an enemy model is summoned
  • Remove insignificant.
  • Make Into the vortex enemy only, give its Talons in-built :mask, remove the 1 dmg (still the one from pushing a hazardous)
  • Remove Destructible from the DDM.
  • Give Kamaitachi some defensive tricks/utility things.

The Kamaitachi used to be the universal 10t totem and therefore was insignificant. Why it stayed insignificant, I don't know, maybe because it's just a weasel?

I agree that the mechanics with the Weaselnado are weird. I always hit my own models with it for the trigger and keep the Kamaitachi in the background for its draw cards ability. Doesn't seem to make much sense, but that's how it works 🙂

But why did they rename the Weaselnado? WHY? >>

On 2/11/2019 at 9:53 AM, Lechuzo_Loco said:

The Kamaitachi used to be the universal 10t totem and therefore was insignificant. Why it stayed insignificant, I don't know, maybe because it's just a weasel?

I agree that the mechanics with the Weaselnado are weird. I always hit my own models with it for the trigger and keep the Kamaitachi in the background for its draw cards ability. Doesn't seem to make much sense, but that's how it works 🙂

But why did they rename the Weaselnado? WHY? >>

As much as an awesome nickname wonder weasel is and weaselnado was fine as a filler name for an ability while things were being set up, I actually hope that it does not stick for final form. Dust Devil is fine.

a proposed change on the front of the card

Wonder Weasel > Wonderous Animal. 

This would actually open up to allow some other model designs using this (simplified gaming terms is what is being gone for right?) while not sounding like a goofy nickname (again I love it just not when its made real on the card)

59 minutes ago, Lechuzo_Loco said:

Why can't mf be funny and use "goofy nicknames"? It's not chess after all.

Given that Sandeep's summon upgrade just got the "With Our Powers Combined" ability that allows gamin to fuse into a golem, I don't think they're afraid of injecting humour into Malifaux.

I just wish the Kamaitachi was significant.

1 hour ago, Lechuzo_Loco said:

Why can't mf be funny and use "goofy nicknames"? It's not chess after all.

Don’t get me wrong there are and have always been some great tongue in cheek references in ability names and other areas of the game, but weaselnado just doesn’t do it for me and wonder weasel also just feels a bit too tried

3 hours ago, StefMcGlen said:

Don’t get me wrong there are and have always been some great tongue in cheek references in ability names and other areas of the game, but weaselnado just doesn’t do it for me and wonder weasel also just feels a bit too tried

Like the old bonus action of Lynch "BlackJack and Hookers" . A clear reference to Bender from Futurama xD that was amazing