Upsides to Waiting for M3E

Most of the community around me has died down; I'm still trying to get it going, but not many people like beta testing when they have 3 other games they play that are in their most up to date form already. Which is fine. I'm trying to make things fun for the few people who are enjoying the game and keep drawing people in, but I was really discouraged last night after a particularly bad night of demos.

But then today I got to experience the awesome flip side of that-- the other LGS in town that carries Malifaux was clearance-ing all of their M2E stock and I picked up $400 of models for under $200, and I just feel great right now and wanted to share but didn't want to disrupt anyone's threads about M3E, so I thought I might ask the rest of you about good things about waiting for the full release to drop since the forum's been so serious and uptight with anxiety around the release lately  :)

• Haha 1

@Thedeadclaw: There are bargains to be had! I scored this:

CSA4kAI.jpg

In December for $40USD (pre postage). I could not believe my luck. Now is a fantastic time to get some of the cooler sculpts. I haven't been super-excited about some of the M3E sculpts, so I'm rounding out my collection now!

I'm thinking of making a quick 'Intro to M3E' set for my FLGS from some leftover pieces.

The player part of me is also thinking of cool themed crew ideas!

Caedrus.

• Like 2

One of the upsides of waiting for M3E is that I have achievement goals for my painting plans.

For example, before M3E hits the shelves, I want to have finished painting the whole Swampfiend theme and a few versatile models (I am halfway there). Hopefully, by the end of the year, I'll also have finished the Honeypot & Woe keywords and started the Mercenary keyword.

I don't have time to play at the moment but I have a bit of time to paint so having all the keywords known gives me some visibility and purpose in my painting endeavours.

Additionally, I must confess I try to get hold onto the M2E minis I like because I hate what I have seen of the M3E renders with a passion. So I'll get as many nice minis I can before the epically bland ones replace them.

• Like 1

I've been using the time to grab as many Guild boxes as I can get my hands on for vastly reduced prices.  It's been great.  I've managed to go from a Hoffman crew of primarily Constructs and a Perdita box to over two thirds of all available Guild models and it's not cost me a huge amount at all.  I've also ended up with Mei Feng and Jakob Lynch boxes too.  Long may the bargaisn continue (just so long as I get to actually use them when M3E is out!)

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2019 at 7:13 AM, Caedrus said:

@Thedeadclaw: There are bargains to be had! I scored this:

CSA4kAI.jpg

In December for $40USD (pre postage). I could not believe my luck. Now is a fantastic time to get some of the cooler sculpts. I haven't been super-excited about some of the M3E sculpts, so I'm rounding out my collection now!

I'm thinking of making a quick 'Intro to M3E' set for my FLGS from some leftover pieces.

The player part of me is also thinking of cool themed crew ideas!

Caedrus.

Ridiculous for that price. Two of the most expensive figures going in that Hannah and Santana! Those trees aren't cheap either. Great score. 

• Agree 1