Sebi

Landmine Upgrade (Equipment)

After this model resolves an Action listed on this
Upgrade, discard this Upgrade.

This model gains the following Ability:
Demise (Explosive +2): After this model is killed,
models within p2 suffer +2 damage. This model
does not place Scrap or Corpse Markers when killed.

This model gains the following Action:
Tactical Actions  Rg  St  Rst TN
:ToS-Fast:  Land Mines  6"  6 -      10
Create two 50mm Destructible, Hazardous,
Severe Mine Field Markers anywhere within
range.
:mask Reposition: Move this model up to 3".

-----------------------------------------------------------------

What is your thought on this Freikorps Upgrade.

I am rather unhappy with it as it needs a 4 to even work and then you get two 50mm destructable terrain pieces.

They are sever which is nice but hazardous means only 1DMG will be dealt. I would have liked to see some more effect on models that move through the mines - not 100% sure what would be a good idea.

I would also like to see only non Freikorps models be affected.

Anyway.. I am going to give it a go next time and see what I might be able to achieve on the field.

I will also try to combine it with Schill and Lazarus Pull if applicable as well as any other effects to get enemies into the terrain- if it makes sense.

And I will also see if I can built some kind of "suicide bomber" - again if it makes sense at that point.

Any opinion is welcome. PRO - CON - IDEAS

Let it be heard.

Thank you, folks!

13 hours ago, I'm a Teapot! said:

Don’t you dare changing this upgrade! You will find yourself in a Wrestling Match vs Mancha Roja rather soon if you do.... he likes his mines! 

No problemo.

Still - fun aside:

Any ideas for a trigger or some more punch?

1 hour ago, CustosUmbra said:

Do I understand thi right? 

IF Arik pushes someone with his powered up fists within mines, they essencially turn into free crits? 

Rulebook Malifaux 2.9.19 - page 19

HAZARDOUS MARKERS
Some Actions or Abilities are capable of
creating Markers with the Hazardous Trait.
All Markers with the same name (i.e., Pyre
Markers, Pit Trap Markers, etc.) count as
the same piece of terrain for the purposes of
the Hazardous Terrain Trait.
Thus, if a model was Pushed through three
Pyre Markers and a single Pit Trap Marker,
it would suffer the effects of moving through
a single Pyre Marker and a single Pit Trap
Marker.

I would say ... yes .. a push is a valid reason to activate the mines 

Thank you for the idea. Didn't think of that.

But on the other side: pull is a placement and should not trigger the hazardous terrain beside getting the target into the terrain and making life a tad hard next round (if no one removes the terrain)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Zebo said:

I think that it's weird that a Pit Trap (hazardous 1 damage + injured +1) is way more dangerous than a mine. 

Crap mines. 

Only on the charge. As Injured goes away at end of activation, they are basically the same if the opponent isn't charging. Plus, unless out of theme, Rusty doesn't have any way to get you on them involuntarily.

I think your underestimating hazardous in M3E.   It can now deal multiple damage on a turn and a Friekorp crew can spit these things out all over the board.   At their heart this is an attrition crew and this kind of incremental damage is great in an attrition war.  Plus its board control. 

• Agree 3

On 2/10/2019 at 9:25 AM, Sebi said:

But on the other side: pull is a placement and should not trigger the hazardous terrain beside getting the target into the terrain and making life a tad hard next round (if no one removes the terrain)

Place effects are still movement, ending or starting a place in Hazardous triggers it

Did anyone try spamming land mines against close combat crews? Form a gunline and put two rows of 50mm hazardous terrain right in front of them. Or just block passages. Markers are destructible, sure, but many crews don't have tools to destroy them from afar or multiple at once. Von Schill and Arik can charge over mines , other models could use rocket boots, so they won't be a big problem for Freikorps (unless enemy has Lure :P). Later you can Pull! enemies into mines or push them with Charged Fists (Hannah can copy that) - try to place the enemy in base contact with multiple markers, so it will be harder to free him.

Von Schill gives two upgrades, models use them, Trunk and Hannah (Adaptive Tactics) give them again - it's 8x 50mm markers. With adequate triggers or Armory you can make more. Or hire Rusty Alyce, she can create two Pit Traps (1 dmg + Injured) as :ToS-Fast:action and then shoot three times with Rapid Fire.

Or use just a few - Alyce creates traps with :ToS-Fast:, Schill Pulls! enemy into them, Alyce shoots (and it's easier to hit Injured model).

And if you place enemy on two different Hazardous Markers (land mines + pit trap), he is affected by both 🤔

6 hours ago, Jingizu said:

Did anyone try spamming land mines against close combat crews?

I was going to in my last game, until I realized the amount of "pull tech" Hoffman was wielding. Two Hunters, Two Wardens, and a Guardian (push, but still), and I reconsidered on the fly.