Sign in to follow this  
SerZaka

Reckoning , Conditions and Terrain

Let's start with some quotes:

Reckoning : at the end of each turn , a crew gains 1 VP if more enemy models were killed that turn than it has scored VP from this strategy , or if there are no more enemy models in play.

(Page 44)

Damage : When a model reaches 0 health , it is killed .

(Page 27)

Killed models are always considered to be killed by the model that generated the action or ability that killed them. If a model is killed by another effect , it is not considered to have been killed by any player or crew.

(Page 28)

So my question is this: if a dude dies for the burning or a terrain , does it give the point to the opponent?

Reckoning doesn't really care how the model was killed ( probably to discourage friendly fire to prevent the opponent to score) , right?

1 minute ago, SerZaka said:

So my question is this: if a dude dies for the burning or a terrain , does it give the point to the opponent?

Reckoning doesn't really care how the model was killed ( probably to discourage friendly fire to prevent the opponent to score) , right?

So, yeah, if a Condition kills a model, it is killed but no model or crew killed it.  "Natural causes", I guess. ;) 

For Reckoning, it doesn't matter who is responsible for the model being killed, and it doesn't matter if no one is responsible.

9 minutes ago, SerZaka said:

So the ability Pyromaniac of the Firestarter is actually useless? 

No, the entire point of Pyromaniac on Firestarter is to take credit for something that you wouldn't get credit for.

See "Breaking the Rules" on page 3 of the rulebook, particularly:

When a special rule explicitly contradicts the core rules, follow the special rule rather than the core rule.

Edit:  Note that Pyromanic comes into play for the various schemes (or strategies) where your crew or model needs to kill (and thus take credit for) killing another model.

It just doesn't matter for Reckoning.

I think at the moment it helps with turf war and dig their graves.

Its also future proofing if they introduce more schemes and strategies that care about who killed someone.