Night time terrian

Jude

Has anyone made any terrain that looks like they are fighting at night? I realized the other day that every table I've played on looked like high noon. Obviously playing the game requires the lights to be on, but Malifaux is a place with a lot of conflict at night. Have any of the terrain experts here done anything that mimics a night scene besides just spray painting all of your terrain black?

• Thanks 1

Really the only way to do this well is on a terrain board. Malifeaux is oversaturated with color because of its second sun, so it's likely that at night the world looks normal for us. But if you're going for what night would look like to us, paint with muted colors and ideally have points of light radiation that show what the actual color looks like to make clear vis a vis lighting perspective that everything else is in the dark.

I've played on things like sewer boards with street lighting. The terrain was painted to be darker and grimier. The street lighting was electrical lights.

I've also chatted with some friends about ways to make the game seem more like night, doing things like slightly modifying the dense rule for using areas of lights, btu we never quite got round to making that board. On the Terrain thread there is a great looking board that's all painted in dark greens and such and such that the pictures of it give a oppressive nighttime feel.