Sign in to follow this  
Flippin' Wyrd Matt

Asylum we're do they fit?

13 hours ago, lawgivera554 said:

Try to remember this. This will be Book 1 of a third edition. There needs to be room to grow and make new models.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if in a future book there are new masters for the subsets. Asylum, Half-blood, etc.

That sounds like that could be a lot of fun having a master for those crews but as it stands these models are not going to see play and I would say that would extend to the Half Blood side of the starter box as well, they are just not meeting the grade.

I went to a event yesterday with them in my case for the first time ever and i saw no reason to break out of my chosen keyword to take these models, I just think it would be cool if there was a set of schemes or a way of playing that these models lend themselves to, so you could look at a game and be like this game feels like I could use the help of the good doctor and his team to assist in the field.

Just would be a shame to see these models and the half blood models slip through the net on play testing because they dont have a Master model now to fit together in a key word.

13 hours ago, Ferdat said:

That sounds like that could be a lot of fun having a master for those crews but as it stands these models are not going to see play and I would say that would extend to the Half Blood side of the starter box as well, they are just not meeting the grade.

I went to a event yesterday with them in my case for the first time ever and i saw no reason to break out of my chosen keyword to take these models, I just think it would be cool if there was a set of schemes or a way of playing that these models lend themselves to, so you could look at a game and be like this game feels like I could use the help of the good doctor and his team to assist in the field.

Just would be a shame to see these models and the half blood models slip through the net on play testing because they dont have a Master model now to fit together in a key word.

Maybe Don't Mind Me? I mean it fits the Doctor's theme of leaving medics to do their stuff.

I would like to see some minor changes, which would make them more versatile and therefore seen on the table:

First, what about "Distraction" for the Orderlies:

Enemy models within :ToS-Aura:2 of this model suffer :-flipto Wp duels.

I think that fits to their lore...

Then a minimal change to Emily Heartsbane Straightjacket:

Target must be within 2" of a friendly Asylum model.

This change would make her much more versatile and effectivly be used in other crews, because then, you do not need to take another Asylum model to make use out of her abilities.

And works well together with the orderlys...

Last I would give Dr. Grimwell Terrifying (11).

That also fits well to his lore, because everybody is afraid of the doctor. And would make a nice additional synergy with the orderly:

Because if you are facing the doctor and an orderly ist nearby to assist him, you can't imagine anything more frightening...😉

I would say those would be a solid start to making them useful As individuals! 

I think orderlys should be all about moving models around. There Attack should have triggers to stagger or move them and the model there hitting in any direction.

Makes them more of a control peice.

As far as hiring them as a group go's 

Could they not have a Ability that if you take grimwell he makes Heartsbane cheaper 

And heartsbane could have a similar ability that if you take her she made orderlys cheaper. 

This means leaving grimwell pretty much as is as the model who would most likely see play but encouraging the use of the other asylum models in a crew with him? 

15 minutes ago, trikk said:

The only buff they got was Heartsbane got "Asylum" removed from Straightkacket, right?

Looks like it, it's not enough there melee range is still to short. We all need to keep testing them and feeding it back. 

As it's not enough to fix them I would say.

Staggered is tough to key on because you've got to apply it after the target has activated for it last until the end of the turn (to get the most use out of it).  

If Crossroads is any indication, the straight forward way to make the four more attractive as a group would be to invent something like "Restraint" tokens or something.  Adding "Restraint" tokens to some of the actions, and then letting Asylum models (or even just the orderlies) discard a Restraint Token in :auraX to prevent removal of Staggered would make the Restraints ability more effective and give them more reason to gang up.  (And it'd give the Orderlies a :ToS-Fast: action...)

On the other hand, it could simply be that Asylum is developing more slowly because the rest of that keyword is still on the drawing board.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, solkan said:

. . . .

On the other hand, it could simply be that Asylum is developing more slowly because the rest of that keyword is still on the drawing board.

I hope so, I really like the existing models - they looked fantastic with McMourning and co. in M2E.  Personally I would like to see Dr Dufresne become a new master for Asylum and I would love to see the theme fleshed out properly. At the moment I am guessing that the starter box will remain unchanged in terms of models - both halves clock in at 17 SS. If that is the case they might well be trying to keep the models relatively tame so that games between the two mini crews are still fun - models can do a bunch of things, but nothing that is too effective considering that both sides still have a full control hand each turn.  The fact that they also lack synergy with thematic master then keeps a lid on their potential in a larger crew. 

On a side note, While I think the Guild vs Neverborn starter is perfect, I don't see how the asylum half really exemplifies the rest of the guild faction anymore now that McMourning is gone. They don't really fit into any of the current master themes. 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Maladroit said:

I hope so, I really like the existing models - they looked fantastic with McMourning and co. in M2E.  Personally I would like to see Dr Dufresne become a new master for Asylum and I would love to see the theme fleshed out properly.

That would be awesome! Nurses are already included in the Keyword, maybe let her hire Bloodwretches too (or summon them) so you could use more of the starter box .