Jump to content
trikk

02.06.2019 Opinion on Guild

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

That is exactly what I was thinking.  I'm already liking the Guild Rep in my Perdita lists to that is a nice setup.

He's the Guild Steward now, apparently.

I don't like it. I want the Representative name back. It had more authoritah!

Also, who cares about a steward enough to give a reprisal? But a representative of the Guild? That's someone that you don't wanna fu.... *cough* mess with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

So, it's going to be 'card draw or gtfo' again this edition. Yay.

I can't see any other way a game with hands to cheat fate can go, especially with the prevalence of discard abilities and attacks that cause discard only increasing in this edition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd note that in a way, all that focus and perdita's plus flips also makes the crew feel more card hungry, because you really rely on hitting moderates to do significant damage with perdita/santiago/frank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if it was accounted for, but the Emissary has the only Pinebox-like Bury with no Distracted and no built-in-trigger. Anyone thinks Into the Cage is, in any way, useful? I always found the sword to be a better option.

 

I also had no use for A Cage for All. I think it would probably be better as a free action (it would still compete with Aura of Vengence)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trikk said:

I don't know if it was accounted for, but the Emissary has the only Pinebox-like Bury with no Distracted and no built-in-trigger. Anyone thinks Into the Cage is, in any way, useful? I always found the sword to be a better option.

 

I also had no use for A Cage for All. I think it would probably be better as a free action (it would still compete with Aura of Vengence)

I use "Into the Cage" for tanking and crowd control purpose; while defending a marker in a Turf War encounter, was a 2 vs 1 situation (Mr. Graves +Illuminated). I knew i couldn't kill both with Greatsword, so buried Mr. Graves and wounded+ pushed away the Illuminated, getting engaged with the Judge. Mr. Graves failed the Wp simple duel. 

Yes, I never find an spare Action worth to use "A Cage for All", always moving and attacking with Emissary. 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, trikk said:

I don't know if it was accounted for, but the Emissary has the only Pinebox-like Bury with no Distracted and no built-in-trigger. Anyone thinks Into the Cage is, in any way, useful? I always found the sword to be a better option.

 

I also had no use for A Cage for All. I think it would probably be better as a free action (it would still compete with Aura of Vengence)

It is situational but a strong ability to get a model out of play for a while.

You can clear charge Lanes or models with a strong :ToS-Aura:. If you have a reliable tank in front of you or models with nasty Resistance Trigger (I am looking at you Pandora), the cage is my choice.

Of course, you can try this also with his Greatsword and a :ramor a :mask, but the cage with a stat of 4 in general is more reliable. And sometimes the 3" on a :ramor 4" on a :maskis not enough to clear the situation.

I see the cage more as a bonus to the Brutal Emissary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Qracy said:

It is situational but a strong ability to get a model out of play for a while.

You can clear charge Lanes or models with a strong :ToS-Aura:. If you have a reliable tank in front of you or models with nasty Resistance Trigger (I am looking at you Pandora), the cage is my choice.

Of course, you can try this also with his Greatsword and a :ramor a :mask, but the cage with a stat of 4 in general is more reliable. And sometimes the 3" on a :ramor 4" on a :maskis not enough to clear the situation.

I see the cage more as a bonus to the Brutal Emissary.

Yes. But I think it would be way more appealing and consistent with the Distracted +1 since that how all the Bury attacks work.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, trikk said:

Yes. But I think it would be way more appealing and consistent with the Distracted +1 since that how all the Bury attacks work.

Yes, I agree!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My stompybots get tossed in the cage all the time, dating back to the M2E nerd rage build and/or Lady J taxi. If it had too much damage reduction, into the cage it went, as the emissary builds gave up specialist anti-tech for high minimum damage.

Since Aura of Vengeance got downgraded I miiiiiight consider Cage for All now, but doesn’t seem very effective in practice even on Wp5 average crews.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...