Kings Hand tactics

pawlik

Are you using Kings Hand in your games? if yes, what are your experiences with it?

After several games i start to feel that it is key piece against most factions (to remove CotBM or GH units from glory, use area attacks against the latter, and to punish Aby units with high penetration flips). This is based on 1 commander games only though, and titans are hard to remove in such games. Focusing on ti in 2 commander game may prove to remove titans easily - or do they also endure well in such games of yours?

Frankly, I've barely dabbled with it, only played it once against cult abd Black Ops did short work of him, but it was my first gane and I hadn't noticed the scrap part of the assets, so I really cut short his survivability.

The Symbol of The Realm seems like a constant must have, token cleansing plus removibg from glory just seems way too useful, the drill I'm a lot less impressed by. The gun I can see either, though I'd probably go piercing vs Abyssinia abd maybe colt and Area against Gibbering. And as for the core, probably the head laser simply because I've learned that discarding 2 cards with the meager card draw Kings Empire gets is a very high cost and it is very likely to be the first asset I flip anyway.

I am excited to get some use out of the Glorifying trigger, would love to get Infiltrators putting their mine fields for example.

i am after two games with it - against gibering hordes and burning man, each at 1 commander + 10 scrip. my configuration was laser, symbol of the realm and area gatling gun.

Overall - kings hand worked very well for me. between medic and electric megaphone it was very durable. also, as it can shoot into engagement it could free my units that were engaged, which is sometimes critical. The fact that it can walk out from engagement was also important, to the level that my kings hand was a good objective grabber, while remaining on offensive. i think it will be a must have in my lists for some time yet, due to the option to set it up as necessary.

Against GH it looks like a must have. ability to ignore tidepools when shooting and wide area attack was huge. Removing enemy units from glory was less important, but helpful as well. and with different attacks and good board presence kings hand is a great overwatch candidate - i was able to consistently shoot at different targets while returning the stratagem to my hand (i had too keep high card on hand just in case though). it was also very good candidate for keep calm and carry on, for same reasons.

Against cult it was less important, but helpful as well. essentially cult is a faction of glass cannons, so anything that impacts multiple units hurts them. symbol of the realm is also much more effective here, as cult seems to be reliant on being in glory. we can conisder blocking portals with KH by standing on top of them - another advantage.  The disadvantage though is cults mobility, they have much easier time staying out of kings hand limited range. i am conisdering using more of meele setup when playing against them, or at least give it soulstone processing matrix - so that it can absorb attacks better.

i have no experience with it against abissynia yet, but i think between piercing attack to shoot titans and removing their units frm glory, KH should be fine there as well - definitely worth the 10 scrip it costs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2019 at 12:06 AM, pawlik said:

Against cult it was less important, but helpful as well. essentially cult is a faction of glass cannons, so anything that impacts multiple units hurts them. symbol of the realm is also much more effective here, as cult seems to be reliant on being in glory. we can conisder blocking portals with KH by standing on top of them - another advantage.  The disadvantage though is cults mobility, they have much easier time staying out of kings hand limited range. i am conisdering using more of meele setup when playing against them, or at least give it soulstone processing matrix - so that it can absorb attacks better.

I don't really see the glass cannon aspect of cult anywhere, at least if you limit yourself to Black Ops, Rhinos and Warped, they are all hardy units, specially the damn Rhino. Hell, the more I look at it, the more I'm convinced that King's Empire is the glass cannon faction and I've got my doubts on the cannon part. I do also have the sensation that we do have the best Titan in the game though.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Played some games with the big guy. Can definitely say that I really like him at this point. Asset wise I'm convinced that the only relevant variation is the heavy machine gun or the area one, since Symbol of the Realm is so important to ruin plans (and I still don't see the point of the drill) and the head laser just seems more practical since the other asset does nothing till you get into glory (discarding 2 cards to reduce 1 damage is a ludicrous cost, soecially without any Abyssinia to bulk your hand).

I played all ganes with Kassa though and that really changes things since it makes it seem nigh indestructible while also giving very strong card and tactic draw. I cannot deny just how potent this combination is.

• Agree 1