retnab

Relenting

Could we please allow models to Relent simple duels caused by friendly models? There are a few cases where it's advantageous to fail the check, and only a few of those (Snow Storm for example) have specific wording allowing you to.

• Respectfully Disagree 1

Yes you can cheat to fail, but I'd prefer instead of some effects letting you just declare you fail and some other be a gamble just allowing yourself to get hit if you want.

8 minutes ago, Artiee said:

Curious,  Have you tried playing games allowing it?

Any game you played with your own rules become useless as beta play test games.

• Agree 3

Just now, WWHSD said:

Any game you played with your own rules become useless as beta play test games.

Yes I know that.. But he is asking for a change.  I was curious if he has actually tried it to see how it does works out.   I was am not suggesting him posting a battle report using his own rules. 

This mechanism is currently only built into Wong’s Fzzap! shockwave, if you want to test it while gathering beta data. Who else would benefit? Kaeris?

One can make a sort of speculative battle report with two columns of what did happen versus what would have happened with a proposed change, but it is a massive headache and I want a much more solid argument for recording it than ‘hey, wouldn’t this be neato’.