2019 Monthly Painting Challenge - February

Caedrus

11 hours ago, Burnin' Coal said:

the wood texture is excellent 👍

The one thing I dry brushed at 23:40 because I was running out of time haha! 😂

Your face ToS guys turned out really well. Which colors did you use for the skin? I am also interested in the blues you used for the cloth (the guy on the right and the dark turquoise lady in the middle).

• Haha 2

@Franchute - thanks...have to say I am pretty happy with how they turned out...was attempting to get the entire squad of ten finished but didn't want spoil them so concentrated on those five....the other Broken will be finished as part of the March pledge so that's when I'll post photos of all ten in their plug in bases

Skin tones...no precise recipe as I am constantly experimenting....however...the base colours were all a mix of Scalecolor #19 Golden Skin, 20 Basic Flesh and 21 Pink Flesh and then shaded/highlighted with Vallejo Model Color 859 Cadmium Maroon and Vallejo Model Color 70.858 Ice Yellow

The base color for the blues/grey was Vallejo Model Air 71.111 USAF Light Blue (one of my favorite new colours)....I'm increasingly using Model Air colors as opposed to the thicker regular colors

....and I saw how much work you put into Samael's face😉....am very impressed 👍 

• Thanks 2

On 2/28/2019 at 12:05 PM, Purple Mist said:

Here is my completed Hoarcat Pride for 5 SS for February

Why two models on the same base?

AFAIK inside Hoarcats box there are 3 models and 3 bases...... But all, I pledged Hoarcats past year presenting one model per base.

@Purple Mist: I figured one did not a pride make. I bought two boxes to make three pairs. I have seen three on a base, but it was cramped. They do put three bases in there, so I guess you could do one as well.  

• Like 1

Well, the painting was over but here are my february's photos !

2 Kunoichi : 12

2 Bunraku : 12

2x bunch of little objectives and crates (I counted it for 2x5 =10)

with the 2 trees i posted at the beginning of the month, that's a total of :

10 + 12 + 12 + 10 = 44 Ss

20190303-054913.jpg20190303-054403.jpg
20190303-053947.jpg20190303-053906.jpg

20190303-053632.jpg20190303-054046.jpg

• Like 7

On 3/1/2019 at 3:40 PM, Franchute said:

@Butch After lurking around for so long, it is your time to join the challenge :) I would love to see your work here. You can still start in March ;) 

Thanks for the kind invitation. :)

I'm not only a very slow painter (at least with my Malifaux miniatures), I drifted a lot more to display painting in the last years. So I would mostly never reach the smallest level to participate here. Just noticed I painted the last Malifaux miniature more than a year ago. The lack of fellow players doesn't help. But with ME3 I will definitely paint some models wether they see some action or not.

You will see every Malifaux model I paint here, and some other big projects here.

At the moment I'm working on a 40K diorama. If you're interested you can see the progress in the german Bemalforum, but I will post the finnished diorama in the thread mentionend above.

• Like 1