2019 Monthly Painting Challenge - February

Caedrus

6 minutes ago, Franchute said:

He said it was a commission for @Scatterbrain if I understood correctly. Official tournament rules allow you to use avatars as a proxy for Emissary.

Yeah, I intend to use it as the Arcane Emissary when running a Raspy crew - all similarly based, naturally. Some of those Avatar minis had incredible sculpts, I think it'd be a real pity not to use them.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Primate said:

Layering has yet to properly click for me, and I ended up being a bit frustrated at points with what was going on here. But it's done. Just need to try something a bit different next month.

Yeah it's tricky. I'm guessing you overstepped with a lot of your later layers. It took quite a few minis for me to get a half decent grasp on layering.

Everything looks so great, everyone! Great progress!

Life happened to me this month, and I got distracted by this great model:

large.20190228_085643.jpg.8368a3b0f0a442e810de516c2420da3b.jpglarge.20190228_085609.jpg.3cda3f5cd77b538b5b6192a12f5c0744.jpglarge.20190228_085548.jpg.1a6d5c058e3d682723c3506633cb6e35.jpg

So this Bokor is the only model I completed this month, for 6ss. But, here's a WIP shot for the other models I got some work done on, got pretty close on the Silurids, just some details to go.

large.20190228_094838.jpg.02bad8e636b2ccb96dadf14763e42103.jpg

• Like 9

20 hours ago, Viruk said:

I can suggest glazing/washing the eye with light brown ink as it seems to be standing out too much in contrast now.

Thanks for the suggestion, Viruk!  I am going to follow this advice within the next 36 hours.  I am just about to post the finished model, so it won't have this improvement, but it will be done.  Thanks again---this is a great help!

@Purple Mist - it is indeed very similar to the original Ice Golem miniature. And it's a commission but I think it may get used in game as an emissary.

@Scatterbrain - basically the cobblestones were layered from dark brown to light beige and then drybrushed with  bleached bone-like color. That was followed by a wash of light brown ink, another drybrush and then glazes/washes of various colors + one more very light drybrush.

• Thanks 1