2019 Monthly Painting Challenge - February

Caedrus

10 hours ago, Caedrus said:

@wobbly_goggy: Great mini, needs a partner-sign labelled ‘careful now!’

You win a point!
With hindsight, 'careful now!' may have been easier to paint....
Who could have that? Or maybe I could make a scheme marker for them that says that? 

Also - love how much encouragement you're giving to everyone. It helps and is definitely appreciated!

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2019 at 8:47 AM, Diddick said:

@Boomstick You're gonna be busy...   How did you do the bases?? are they made with green stuff rolling pins?   Also, looking forward to see more pics of the converted talos

Busy indeed! The bases are rubber stamps from Happy Seppuku, trying them out on air drying clay this time. Not sure how I feel about it so far, but the stamps themselves are great!

Alright, @Caedrus, this is me weighing in at 12 stones for February; Vincent (8) and two corpse candles (2x2).

large.IMG_20190226_190015.jpg.d8ca6138f84bb25bd8f42a5500e6b6df.jpglarge.IMG_20190226_185925.jpg.4d2f1a955d87c4149c408d78ddce241f.jpg
large.IMG_20190226_185840.jpg.a4fddde0b883556d227eadfa29657ddd.jpglarge.IMG_20190226_185752.jpg.16291ddbdf36c59a63e59da2c21e052c.jpg
large.IMG_20190226_185657.jpg.af15126ea01c5ca3775a24a2c76104d7.jpglarge.IMG_20190226_185558.jpg.4b17b8b63fce8e3ad1ef1b422bd6bad2.jpg

Vincent, buddy, I´m sorry l can't seem to take a decent photo of you.

To the rest of you, I'm sorry I haven't said much, it's been one of those months and I'm happy I even managed to finish my models. Everyone is doing super awesome, I happily look at all the pictures even when I don't find the time to comment. Everyone's putting out really nice models, well done!

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Purple Mist said:

Bright yellow and green is a very original choice for painting ghosts. Well done; I like your palette!

Thank you. I tend toward muted, earthy tones but I'm also trying to keep a red thread within the crew. With Reva's new thing being fire, and I imagine that being more of an unnatural, magical/ghostly fire, I imagined them being part ghost, part fire spirits. So this yellow/green is the same as the fire on my Lampads. Once I get around to my alt Reva, the fire on her will be the same.

large.IMG_20190115_073907.jpg.705161351fc5f171d94b8f93f06dea61.jpg

• Like 7

@emiba - loving the green to yellow of the corpse markers...did you base in white and work up from that ?

@Franchute - great to see you back and excellent job so far - really like the leather tones you've got going there - look forward to seeing it finished...and thanks for your kind words

@Stranglelove - excellent feel on the Stalking Portals...when I saw you had based and primed all of them I was like "wow that's gonna be a ton of painting!"...finishing three is nothing less than impressive - you made them look great 

@Polar43 - great job on the Whiskey Golem - hope you get them finished in time

@Caedrus - thanks for the kind words...the mermaid dress lady just leapt out at me and almost painted herself in one hit - really is a great sculpt....but there's ten figures in the box and there's other sculpts equally as good as that one...I can see I'll be wearing out a few brushes in the coming months 😉

Update from my painting table - making progress and started on the bases today but I foresee it being one of my scraping under the wire at the very last minute to get my entry finished kind of months 🙄...so next update from me with finished models will probably be around 23:55 on the 28th

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Hello All!

Well, February is nearly at its end (which, in Australia, also means the scorching heat of summer will soon give way to the scorching heat of autumn). That means it's time to throw me an "@Caedrus", and let me know how many stones you painted. There are a couple of painters that have finished, but I don't have their totals. Please PM or update me!

The current spreadsheet is available [here].

Oh, and the March Painting Challenge will be open momentarily!

Caedrus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Burnin' Coal said:

@emiba - loving the green to yellow of the corpse markers...did you base in white and work up from that ?

In short; yes. 🙂 Started out white, added yellow to most of it, trying to blend the yellow into the white. (Man, blending to/from white is a pain...) Then went on to a light green. Realized I left to much white, went back and redid the entire white to yellow stage, added some more green and then blended into a darker green. 

• Like 1