4thstringer

Frontier up for rework

In the main thread saying there are crews expecting some major revisions, Frontier is one of the crews noted.  I was surprised to see that because they felt like a pretty well balanced and thematically consistent crew (maybe Reichart being the exception).  Has anyone had a bad experience playing with or against Frontier?

• Respectfully Disagree 1

I think Frontiersmen and Austringers are way too good and the totem is pretty meh. Basse, Reichart and Pathfinders/Traps/Vultures seem ok. (Although I think Austringers shoudln`t drop corpses if they summon a bird, because you get a corpse from the Austringer so you can easily summon a new one.

Not necessary be included into the tomorrow update, but I would love to see Austringer getting another Ally upgrade during the OBT. Maybe a carrier pigeon to bring back the old Delivery Arders action.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Rufess said:

Not necessary be included into the tomorrow update, but I would love to see Austringer getting another Ally upgrade during the OBT. Maybe a carrier pigeon to bring back the old Delivery Arders action.

That would be a really cool way to give them another option.

• Like 1

He has 7Wds for a 7SS model but you can discard the bird to reduce to 0. Which makes the. Have 8-9hp. The focus+ Bird +50% of a good trigger can kill a lot of cheap scheme runners that can't hide.

They weren't broken but too survivable for a shooting model.

Yet another update and frontierman still cost 5ss and have stat 6 12" 245 attack with puncture that many 7-9ss would kill for. How many battlereports need to be submitted to fix this?

Not sure why frontiersmen are taking hits so hard here as I have played loads of games with bass and yes they are good but they never broke  a game but u are talking about nerfing a model in a crew that has a limited hire pool as it is. 

And I'm seeing alot of comparison to riflemen going on but this model has less wounds and can't ignore friendly fire like they do they run difirent roles in my eyes.

I have to disagree with the call to change them as they have been that cost this whole time because they play that part for bass otherwise his model count will fall under the what I would say is the 3rd edition norm. 

Nerfing and buffing models in a Bubble with out consideration to the wider crew and faction is what caused busted combos and dead masters in M2E

11 minutes ago, Ferdat said:

Not sure why frontiersmen are taking hits so hard here as I have played loads of games with bass and yes they are good but they never broke  a game but u are talking about nerfing a model in a crew that has a limited hire pool as it is. 

And I'm seeing alot of comparison to riflemen going on but this model has less wounds and can't ignore friendly fire like they do they run difirent roles in my eyes.

I have to disagree with the call to change them as they have been that cost this whole time because they play that part for bass otherwise his model count will fall under the what I would say is the 3rd edition norm. 

Nerfing and buffing models in a Bubble with out consideration to the wider crew and faction is what caused busted combos and dead masters in M2E

They shoot better than most enforcers and henchmen. They cost 5SS. I also have no idea what the model count and hiring pool have to do with this. They should be Stat 5 shooting at the very mininum and probably 2/3/5

They have less wounds because the primary rule is hp=cost.

• Agree 1

Played against the basse crew on Friday, and it was a lot of fun. 

I focused on removing basse and Reichart. Which was a bad choice considering it was turf war.

The frontiersmen and pathfinders seems really really strong to me, especially for their cost. 

I think a 6ss Minions that’s summons a trap which is not mindless and instantly makes it move is really really good. 

But then I realized they only worked this well because I didn’t see them as a threat and focused all my killing on the big models.

frontiersmen are very good but I could have dealt with them easily since they are squishy. 

Pathfinders and traps are a pain. Especially the traps who denied my claimjump reveal for 3 turns in a row...

I think traps should be mindless or slow at least. 

Austringers were fine in my opinion, tanky annoying snipers but that’s ok for their cost . Over all I think they could use a better 1 ap choices to make them less raptor dependent. 

The basse crew was really fun to play against and it feels like a characterful, nice thankful crew who really uses terrain very well and  challenges the opponent to make smart kill priority choices. 

I wouldn’t nerf frontiersmen to hard. Or, if for example their moderate would go down to 3 (4 is the key to their strength as a 5ss Model with puncture, in my opinion) give them some sort of survivability in return. 

On 2/10/2019 at 8:45 AM, I'm a Teapot! said:

Pathfinders and traps are a pain. Especially the traps who denied my claimjump reveal for 3 turns in a row...

Maybe I am wrong, but they are insignifcant and the text for this reads:

This model is ignored for the
purposes of Strategies and Schemes
, and it
may not take the
Interact Action.

I would say they cannot deny, that the enemy scores for e.g. claim jump....?

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Qracy said:

Maybe I am wrong, but they are insignifcant and the text for this reads:

This model is ignored for the
purposes of Strategies and Schemes
, and it
may not take the
Interact Action.

I would say they cannot deny, that the enemy scores for e.g. claim jump....?

The problem was rather that hey kept me from having the ap to kill other models that denied me the scheme. 

12 hours ago, I'm a Teapot! said:

The problem was rather that hey kept me from having the ap to kill other models that denied me the scheme. 

Yes it was an Austringer who denied the scheme. The traps just kept you from dealing with the Austringer quick enough to get rid of him in time to score.

• Agree 1