Morgan Vening

M2E to M3E Helpful Hints

2 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

7a) Buried models that are allowed to unbury, but can't fulfill the restrictions, CAN still unbury in their deployment zone. (pg35, third para of Bury) 

It is but can't be Placed, it is unburyed in the their deployment zone.  There is a reason that you capitalized CAN.  Not sure why..  The unburyed it hasn't changed from M2E.

8a) Masters and Henchmen Leaders do not benefit from Fast (pg32, Fast)

Just a note that it is because Fast increases actions by 1 to a max of 3.   It doesn't spell out Masters/Leaders.

Just now, Artiee said:

It is but can't be Placed, it is unburyed in the their deployment zone.  There is a reason that you capitalized CAN.  Not sure why..  The unburyed it hasn't changed from M2E.

In M2E there's this weird edge case involving stuff like "unbury in base contact with a model that doesn't exist" because M2E only talks about using the fallback method if there's no room for the model to unbury.  So it's at worst explicitly expanding to cover that and every other strange edge case, or expanding to cover every possible edge case, depending on which side of that argument you're on.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

Probably should have done this when the Open Beta opened, but never too late.

Somebody already did it, but that post is now on page 5 of the forum:

• Like 1

Would someone ever so kindly list the changes in soulstone use.

I got highly confused yesterday in my first game in OB cause I was not sure (100%) what I can and can not do with a soulstone at this state of the ruleset.

Thank you!

I would also highly appreciate if a soulstone use Quick reference would make it into the rulebook (like the timetable) to ease up the whole thing.

Again: Thank you!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Sebi said:

Would someone ever so kindly list the changes in soulstone use.

Everything you can do is on page 30 under "Soulstones".

Soulstones can be used in the following ways:

Draw Cards: During the Draw Phase, each player may spend any number of Soulstones. For each Soulstone a player spends, they draw two cards and must then (as usual) discard down to their maximum hand size. This can be done even if the player does not have a model that can use Soulstones remaining in its Crew.

Enhance a Duel: Before any cards are flipped in a duel, a model that can use Soulstones may spend a single Soulstone to add a + to its flip. It may also spend a single Soulstone to add a suit of its choice to its final duel total. If both models involved in the duel can use Soulstones, the attacker declares its Soulstone use (or lack of use) first.

Block Damage: A model that can use Soulstones can spend a single Soulstone before a damage flip is made against it to add a - to that damage flip.

Reduce Damage: After damage is suffered by a model that can use Soulstones, it may spend any number of Soulstones to reduce that damage. The model flips a card and reduces the damage it suffers by 1/2/3, +1 for every additional Soulstone beyond the first. This reduction occurs after all other reduction and can reduce damage to 0.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One key point of change in Engaged/Engagement: if you are outside of a model's engagement range, you can no longer walk through it and out the other side, as any walk action leaving a model's engagement is not allowed and has to be done via the Disengage action. You can, however, Charge through an engagement range (just can't change while engaged).

• Like 1

hmm ... strange....I guess the printout I brought was a tad old? Or was this always there?

We had our first game of 3e yesterday and you know I was sure you could enhance the damageflip in 2e so we were highly confused

On 1/30/2019 at 4:01 AM, Morgan Vening said:

6a) Arcane Reservoir doesn't stack. (see wording on ability, it's clear if you don't assume otherwise)

Suggest changing the wording to "one or more" then, currently it's not as clear as it could be.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boomstick said:

One key point of change in Engaged/Engagement: if you are outside of a model's engagement range, you can no longer walk through it and out the other side, as any walk action leaving a model's engagement is not allowed and has to be done via the Disengage action. You can, however, Charge through an engagement range (just can't change while engaged).

I think it's overinterpretation. If you are not engaged, you can't declare Disengage action, because as page 25 says "Disengage: Can only be declared while engaged.". Neither can you declare Disengage during movement - one must resolve action completely before resolving another. You can't Walk a bit, shoot, and then finish the walk, i don't think Disengage works any different. Furthermore, walk allows unrestricted movement, while disengaging enforces a push in a straight line, how would that be resolved?

Walk won't let you leave an engagement. Doesn't matter if you started in that engagement or not. 

So you can use models to protect other models by standing in a place to stop them walking past. 

• Agree 1