Kyle

An Update On This Week's Update (1.30)

If I may ask, I'm a bit surprised Amalgan isn't on the list too, it's the beefiest thread on the outcast subforum. Although it seems like the conplaints are pretty much focused on Leveticus himslef and not so much the other Amalgan models.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

Would you consider bringing back the most popular and successful nightmare design, the one with the dream tokens? I understand it was complicated to track, but it was the most fun and interactive version by far.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 10

I believe that the Marshall would be good candidates for the list. I have played the Beta on many occasions with Perdita, Sonnia, Hoffman and Justice, so far, and in my opinion, the Marshalls need urgent help.

• Like 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Just because a crew or model is not on this list or is not addressed one week does not mean that it's perfect in our eyes. We see the feedback. We're listening. 

But we have not received a significant number of battle reports on these crews. While several pages on a thread about a problem model or crew is valuable, data from battle reports are considerably more so.

Thank you, Kyle. If I can ask, is the Chimera crew in this area of "you're keeping an eye on it but want more BatRep data"? I ask because I know of several batreps (not all mine) between the closed and open betas that all had similar significant concerns, but no move has been made on that crew, or word of it being a concern for the design team, which makes testing further feel like wasted time beating my head against a wall.

• Agree 1

I'm very curious what is going to change with the transmortis models.
I must say I very much like the theme of the teacher with his students on the field.
I hope the changes will make his crew more fun to play (and more varied than "stun everyone with students" 😛 )

7 hours ago, Kyle said:

Just because a crew or model is not on this list or is not addressed one week does not mean that it's perfect in our eyes. We see the feedback. We're listening. 

But we have not received a significant number of battle reports on these crews. While several pages on a thread about a problem model or crew is valuable, data from battle reports are considerably more so.

Fair, I got one battle report in for Kaeris last week and I plan to have another in this week. Sadly I only really have time for one game a week

9 hours ago, Boomstick said:

which makes testing further feel like wasted time beating my head against a wall.

That exactly why i don 't want to play Marcus at this moment it s like make a false report ^^

Actualy have few time for play, so wan t to focus on team i don t run since long time, not for proud some things i m convinced or even test ^^

That maybe why i don t play  Tony and Marcus... because i notice they re prob a long time ago and maybe don t wan t to make an oriented playtest... it s very hard to be neutral in this case when you have even tested and give advice.

I am curious what will change with Oni and Monks, I am quite happy with the crews as a whole. Asami's weakened defense I mentioned in my battle report (and maybe the obey using flicker issue?), Sensei Yu might gain some benefits of the fighting styles, and some models might get their stats adjusted, but major changes I'm quite afraid off :-S I just started to like those crews after a few matches.
Let's see what comes around 🙂 Spoilers welcome 😉

Thanks for the heads up!

I'm keeping an eye on the Forgotten changes, hopefully it’ll only touch on models like Archie - I’m already quite happy with most of the crew as it is.

(I’m excited to play with them, so that’s a good sign to me!)

• Agree 3

20 minutes ago, Mister Feral said:

Thanks for the heads up!

I'm keeping an eye on the Forgotten changes, hopefully it’ll only touch on models like Archie - I’m already quite happy with most of the crew as it is.

(I’m excited to play with them, so that’s a good sign to me!)

I'm in the same camp :} Love the current Fading system and all the interactions. Most fun I had in any Malifaux game.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Jos1001 said:

I believe that the Marshall would be good candidates for the list. I have played the Beta on many occasions with Perdita, Sonnia, Hoffman and Justice, so far, and in my opinion, the Marshalls need urgent help.

Uhh Marshal is one of the strongest Guild crews so I'm not sure where this is coming from?

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

I am really happy to see Family on the list, as I think they are in a pretty rough spot at the moment. I am more surprised to see Frontier, as I thought they were doing pretty well. I haven't really played any games with them myself, as my impression through all of the closed beta was that they were pretty much where they were supposed to be.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, jphealy said:

Uhh Marshal is one of the strongest Guild crews so I'm not sure where this is coming from?

I do not agree. I have played four of the Gremio bands, and it is the only one where I see serious problems in several of their models.

Among the models that I think need to be reviewed are the Death Marshall, the Exorcists, the Recruiter, the Domador, and The Jury, in my opinion the worst model of the Beta at this moment. All the models that I have mentioned seem to me, or with serious problems, like the Exorcists, that I do not see any reason to hire them, or they seem expensive to me in comparison to models of similar cost, like the Domadores or the Recruiter.

In the rest of the bands, I have not found that feeling of paying a model one or two SS above what it should.

• Respectfully Disagree 3

3 hours ago, Jos1001 said:

I do not agree. I have played four of the Gremio bands, and it is the only one where I see serious problems in several of their models.

Among the models that I think need to be reviewed are the Death Marshall, the Exorcists, the Recruiter, the Domador, and The Jury, in my opinion the worst model of the Beta at this moment. All the models that I have mentioned seem to me, or with serious problems, like the Exorcists, that I do not see any reason to hire them, or they seem expensive to me in comparison to models of similar cost, like the Domadores or the Recruiter.

In the rest of the bands, I have not found that feeling of paying a model one or two SS above what it should.

Ugh Jury is situational, but particularly with the Domador change exorcists and death marshals shine now.  The crew has excellent internal synergy, hits hard is durable and heals and can decently do schemes as well.  Unless you can flesh out why I'm sorry dude but your not just not playing them well.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, jphealy said:

Ugh Jury is situational, but particularly with the Domador change exorcists and death marshals shine now.  The crew has excellent internal synergy, hits hard is durable and heals and can decently do schemes as well.  Unless you can flesh out why I'm sorry dude but your not just not playing them well.  

I think Jury is just a bunch of random stuff slapped on a model. I really want to test the Domadors, because they seem to have a unique niche in the keyword. I`m just worried they'll be a bit to squishy.

Marshals on the whole seem fine in the sense that they have more than enough models to make a powerful crew.  There are definitely some stinkers in the set though, with the Jury really topping that list.  I'd like the Domador to have a little more in its kit and the Recruiter lacks good recruitment targets in keyword, but they both feel more like they might be struggle to justify being expensive models in a keyword that has plenty of good choices in the 7+ stone range.  The Jury is really the one that doesn't work for me at all.

• Agree 4

16 minutes ago, LunarSol said:

Marshals on the whole seem fine in the sense that they have more than enough models to make a powerful crew.  There are definitely some stinkers in the set though, with the Jury really topping that list.  I'd like the Domador to have a little more in its kit and the Recruiter lacks good recruitment targets in keyword, but they both feel more like they might be struggle to justify being expensive models in a keyword that has plenty of good choices in the 7+ stone range.  The Jury is really the one that doesn't work for me at all.

And it's not even as if Jury is a BAD choice. She's just so specific a counterchoice, that it makes her unfun.

Against Tara, against Colette, against Dreamer, I'd probably consider her for any Guild Crew, even with the OOK Tax.

But taking her blind? Nope. Even less so if you KNOW she's going to not be using her primary ability.

Also, what happened to her Weighted Flail? I guess Ancient Words is her book, but no flail, no sale!

Actually, I wish I knew where my Jury was. I know I have her. I put her sprue somewhere, and I can't find it. Anyone know where I put it?

3 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

Also, what happened to her Weighted Flail? I guess Ancient Words is her book, but no flail, no sale!

Actually, I wish I knew where my Jury was. I know I have her. I put her sprue somewhere, and I can't find it. Anyone know where I put it?

Maybe she lost her Flail and just went out to find it.

• Haha 4

I played a beta game last week with a thematic Lady J crew and hired the Judge, Jury, and four Death Marshals, alongside a few others. The strategy was Reckoning and my schemes were Deliver a Message and Hold Up their forces; my opponent ran a Parker crew with bandidos, convict gunslingers, and Pride.

I really liked the new Death Marshals. Even though they are only Def 4, Hard to Wound and Hard to Kill make them pretty tanky. The Jury got a lot out of Obey, helping many of my other models move into key positions. The Judge is also even nastier in combat now than before. Also, Lady J was able to charge Parker Turn 1 thanks to Leap and 3 AP... 

Anyway, just because I had a good experience doesn’t mean that everyone else will, but hopefully it’s another datapoint. 

Don't know is a perfectly good answer but.... I am in GMT 00:00 and I would *really* like to try new family tonight.  Do you have an idea when you are going to release it your time?  It is GMT -5 in your parts right?