Horomatangi Tactica

Thisendup

If you take him in the Cult and he gets killed, you can summon a new Horo in with Time Paradox (though it costs you a VP)!  Also, there are currently two Assets you can use his Force of Will trigger on, Relics of Ancient Malifaux and Tide Caller so you should always take at least one of them.

• Like 1

Though he has exceptionally high armor I find him not as durable as the siren or the frenzy. Low def and no champion rule make him a good target. And your opponent always only needs 1 hit passing the armor. So 7 hits and the big Lizzard is gone. Against Abbysinia he seems quite fragile. However all of this is only theory crafting.

Placing a unit in front of him that is base to base to itself keeps him from being seen while allowing him to see over it. This helps his survival factor immensely. Remember in hordes he can just eat a friend to glory. You can bellow commands at any unit friend or foe.  Horo loves alpha crawlers in its lists

3 hours ago, Thisendup said:

I thought a non-titan fireteam could draw line of sight to a titan over another non-titan fireteam.

No, that's maybe the most abstract rule of ToS - Titans ignore non-Titans for LoS, but the "Nons" don't ignore LoS when they target the Titan.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Am I right in thinking that horo with siren could be just death incarnate? Siren pulls into a pools, then horo hops over with "Tidal Sceptre" and then uses "Tide caller" to pull the squads through the pool AGAIN, where horo then hits them and if they are still alive hits them with "cloud of steam", then after all that when they activate they take another hit from the pool. But even if that isn't the case I love the idea of more spawn pools to teleport to, which gives horo an insane threat range (just the 3 pools can threaten most the board)

With frenzy, I'd probably just go  run horo, an alpha and healing frenzy around together. I might actually prefer this for pitched assault, this deathball can't really be ignored, but would be incredibly resilient to enemy fire, I would expect to haemorrhage less VP this way.

Normally, though, I would pick Siren and Frenzy in 2C game. But I've not had much experience with the titans outside of kassa.

In summary, Siren.

As a follow up question though. How about Horo as cult envoy? Can readily give itself the shaken tokens to flip. But I'm never sure what cult envoy forces are good to take, except maybe ECB and combine that with morphlings for a load of nice :ToS-Range:

• 7 months later...
On 1/26/2019 at 7:58 PM, Tris said:

No, that's maybe the most abstract rule of ToS - Titans ignore non-Titans for LoS, but the "Nons" don't ignore LoS when they target the Titan.

That's pretty strange. But then again a Commander with a rifle can stand behind King's Hand and shoot at people who can't see him, right?

I just played my 2nd game and couldn't find any mention of size. The Titans vary greatly in size, how much terrain can a King's Hand see over, compared to a Goryshche for example? We just played it true LoS kind of.

On 12/14/2019 at 11:05 PM, Erik1978 said:

I just played my 2nd game and couldn't find any mention of size. The Titans vary greatly in size, how much terrain can a King's Hand see over, compared to a Goryshche for example? We just played it true LoS kind of.

ToS has two "heights". Low and high. This goes for units (Titans are high, everything else is low) and terrain. A Terrain can be one of those or both (a small hut could be low, a bis house could be both, a house on stilts could be high, but not low).

A non-titan fireteam can see everything that is not blocked by low terrain or units of the opposing company.

A Titan can see everything that is not blocked by high terrain or titans of the opposing company.

Yes, that does lead to some weird interactions, but at least it is consistent :)

• 2 weeks later...