Waldo's Weekly - Little Pig, Little Pig

Kyle

I so love everything about this model! The design is so good!

The juicy, chubby pig. The Struggling Bayou Gremlin that just wants this to be over and the BBG-Lady (Big Beautiful Gremlin) riding into the thick of Things to provide the Folks with her (in)famous BBQ-Pig-Roast.

Models like this is why I Play gremlins and to be honest, now that we have an Idea, what the Spit-Hog Looks like, I feel more inclined to play it.

• Like 2

Love this new model, but the Slop Haulers feel sad about losing their old job.😂

I wonder why SMACK WITH A ROASTED PIG doesn’t have TN. Because this action can heal the friendly models.🤔

Last, I really dislike to see the Bayou Gremilins cost 2ss.

😫

They should cost higher than either living or undead piglets.

6 hours ago, Goodtest said:

I wonder why SMACK WITH A ROASTED PIG doesn’t have TN. Because this action can heal the friendly models.🤔

Spoilers(?) for M3e talk below:

There are three actions that act like that (on Sparks, Earl Burns, Hoffman, Steamfitters, and this) and the main reason seems to be that even though it's healing them since it's an opposed duel it's still affected by accuracy - so if you relent to get the heal, that 1/2/3 is on a :-flip:-flip

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Goodtest said:

Love this new model, but the Slop Haulers feel sad about losing their old job.😂

Last, I really dislike to see the Bayou Gremilins cost 2ss.

😫

They should cost higher than either living or undead piglets.

eh.   Bayou Gremlins are insignificant, have objectively bad stats, and need to work as a group to be even moderately successful at doing anything other then occupying a 30mm base.  In a world where massively out-activating your opponent isn't as strong as it used to be, I'm not that worried.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, LordZombie said:

Any way we can get that model with the gremlin walking, too many contact points right now for a model that size. One foot on the ground should be right. 

Ahhhahaha that's genius, only a Gremlin can get the joke :D

2 hours ago, Omenbringer said:

Please Wyrd add another Gremlin underneath for support. That is a large model above a very small contact point that I am not looking forward to regluing every time it falls off.

I understand you are worried, but to be fair from what i can see: i assume you can pin to the base through the knee and maybe even all the way into the empty belly. I might be wrong, its just what i guess from the render, at least that's what i already plan to do ;)

It's my way of saying "we've seen way worse" ^^, it doesn't mean: let's make the same mistakes again, but I'm at a point ( kinda bulletproof fiddly feets wise now lol ) where I prefer they let their imagination and creativity go free and make nice artistic scuplts; if i wanted big chunky heroic scale and easy to build minis i would play only GW ^^ but that's my personal take i understand where you coming from for sure !!!

ps: we haven't seen the 2nd Spit Hog scuplt yet, so maybe the other one is "safer" ;)

22 hours ago, Maxooo said:

I understand you are worried, but to be fair from what i can see: i assume you can pin to the base through the knee and maybe even all the way into the empty belly. I might be wrong, its just what i guess from the render, at least that's what i already plan to do ;)

It's my way of saying "we've seen way worse" ^^, it doesn't mean: let's make the same mistakes again, but I'm at a point ( kinda bulletproof fiddly feets wise now lol ) where I prefer they let their imagination and creativity go free and make nice artistic scuplts; if i wanted big chunky heroic scale and easy to build minis i would play only GW ^^ but that's my personal take i understand where you coming from for sure !!!

ps: we haven't seen the 2nd Spit Hog scuplt yet, so maybe the other one is "safer" ;)

Gremlin knees aren't exactly beefy so pinning isn't really a great option, especially when the size of pin that is going to be needed is probably very near the size of said gremlin leg.

I am all for artistic expression but these are intended to be "play pieces". Small contact points aren't great for that, particularly when there is a significantly larger and heavier piece of plastic (even if it is very likely hollow) sitting way up on top. Adding a second Gremlin for additional support wouldn't take away from the artistic expression much if at all honestly.

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, Omenbringer said:

I am all for artistic expression but these are intended to be "play pieces". Small contact points aren't great for that, particularly when there is a significantly larger and heavier piece of plastic (even if it is very likely hollow) sitting way up on top. Adding a second Gremlin for additional support wouldn't take away from the artistic expression much if at all honestly.

Well, you make good points, not much to say about that :)

9 hours ago, Omenbringer said:

so pinning isn't really a great option

For that mini? I have to strongly disagree on that one, but you know what ? whatever lol

I mean what is a great option for me doesn't have to be a great option for you, i was just trying to help ;) If you find a better way for you i'm all for it.

1 hour ago, Maxooo said:

If you find a better way for you i'm all for it.

I just started assembling some gremlins for the Zoraida swampfiend theme and I wonder how Gremilin players keep their sanity intact (or maybe they don't 😛). Assembling the gremlin-eating-gator was almost too much for me :D.

Adding a second gremlin as @Omenbringersuggested seems like a practical idea.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, yool1981 said:

I wonder how Gremilin players keep their sanity intact (or maybe they don't 😛)

AHahah it seems you already have the answer to your question 🤣

I think it's been a Wyrd's Masterplan all along to push Gremlin players to RP their faction and want to play as one of them in TTB ;)

6 hours ago, yool1981 said:

I just started assembling some gremlins for the Zoraida swampfiend theme and I wonder how Gremilin players keep their sanity intact (or maybe they don't 😛). Assembling the gremlin-eating-gator was almost too much for me :D.

That one was definitely a pain. You don't see many that are attached. I just resigned myself to adding a large glob of green stuff loosely sculpted to try and mimic an arm to aid in attachment. Still try to limit the playtime with it.

Wait until you get to Burt Jebson! His head is in so many pieces. At least we haven't seen many more Yan Lo beards in recent releases.