Adjunct model and damage.

RaidenSA

Question

My question is about "Epic death scene" special rule. What does it exatly say? Here are some my variations:

1) pretty nothing, just for some other abilities that state to kill more than 1 model to work. 

2) when a fireteam with adjunct suffers 2 damage, we can remove single adjuct model and count it as 2.

And a question about reinforsing of it: do we have to spend the whole reinforcement token to place back adjuct model, or we count it as usual? 

3 answers to this question

38 minutes ago, RaidenSA said:

My question is about "Epic death scene" special rule. What does it exatly say? Here are some my variations:

1) pretty nothing, just for some other abilities that state to kill more than 1 model to work. 

2) when a fireteam with adjunct suffers 2 damage, we can remove single adjuct model and count it as 2.

Here's what it comes down to, as I understand it:

- Removing the adjunct model from the fireteam takes care of (effectively) up to two points of damage when you are removing models from the fireteam.  But it's still a single model for returning it using Reserves and it can still be chosen for a single point of damage for Accurate.

Normally, you're going to want to wait and not choose the adjunct unless you have to keep the fireteam alive.  But if you get into a situation where the only model left in the fireteam is the adjunct, and the fireteam suffers a hit causing only 1 damage, then you have to remove that model even though it counts as two models.

If you had a fireteam with an adjunct model and one other model remaining in it, and that fireteam suffered two damage, you should be able to choose the outcome that you prefer:

• Eliminate the adjunct model to take care of both damage.  So the fireteam is left with one model.
  • Eliminate the other model first, and then eliminate the adjunct model to take care of the remaining point.

Because there are going to be situations for Gibbering Hordes where choosing to let the fireteam be killed will allow a unit to be summoned the next turn.  Or you simply need the fireteam removed from that spot for some reason.

Or, I suppose you might choose the adjunct first because you're going to end up with two "wounded" fireteams and you want to put the adjunct in the other fireteam when you next have a chance to reinforce.  I could see making those types of decisions when the turn is nearly over and you still have a reinforcement token on the unit.

• Thanks 1

Option 2 is correct.

Epic death scene only applies when removing models, so a single reinforcement token can bring back an adjunct and a single other model.

Do notice that an attack with accurate can kill and adjunct, even if the attack only did 1 damage in which case epic death scene is useless.

• Thanks 1