TOS and demos

OctaBit

I recently started looking back into this game now that it's been released and it looks like a lot of fun. Was thinking of trying to get a meta going and I figured the best way the to do that was to offer some demos. What are some good recommendations for demoing The Other Side? Stuff like point sizes, how many units, things to keep in mind, what factions to use.

Personally I'm really interested in the cult. I mean, who doesn't like magic fire rhinos? So I'm definitely going to pick up their starter box. I was also planning to pick up another faction for demoing, but I don't know what would pair well with the cult. I'm also not sure if I need to pick up other units in order to really demo the game or if the starter boxes are enough. I'd appreciate any advice people have for giving a demo of the other side.

Allegiance box v box is the best way to go IMO, until they get a starter box out there.  I'm doing Cult v Hordes demos because that's what I have, but I'd suggest having one of the Earthside Allegiances as well for people who like more "normal" armies to try.

When you're doing your demo, keep it basic.  I don't have people use Stratagems until their second game, I explain that they exist and that's it for now.  Just have people play a game and go over Orders, Actions, Duels, Cheating, using Tokens, and scoring VP.  So basically the quick and interesting parts of what makes TOS unique, and if they show interest then you can mix up lists a bit, add in stratagems, and all that.