retnab

Mei Feng: How I learned to stop worrying and love the Foundry

18 minutes ago, Hollingydale said:

Low TN Terrifying could be a thing. He only takes a couple of hits to drop once you're through it.

True... I miss the days when Sparks could load him up with even more bombs for some Demise (Explosive +6) shenanigans lol

I'm not sure how you could give Willie terrifying and not our good friend Howard 

also I'm not sure willie is suppost to be suriviable, more of a cruse missile 

Might be interesting to give him a passive ability similar to black blood. Thematically specking you have to wonder what tactical sense it makes to punch a man pushing a whole wheelbarrow of TNT. 

Whoops I spilled some!: When this model suffers damage or takes a second walk action. Place a 50mm :blastmarker in base contact with this model. Any model touching the marker is pushed 2" away and must pass a TN12 Mv Duel or suffer 1 irreducible damage

Would it be possible to move some of the 5Ss model to other costs ? A range from 4-6 would be a lot more interesting
I'd say :

• Metal Gamin 4Ss : -1 armor
  • Survivor : 5Ss (also proper cost slot for Mah) I'm currently not a huge fan of the model, but I don't know what they'd need. Maybe Railwalker to start with.
  • Rail worker 6Ss : +1Wd, maybe +1 Mv or another :ToS-Fast:
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bedjy said:

Would it be possible to move some of the 5Ss model to other costs ? A range from 4-6 would be a lot more interesting
I'd say :

• Metal Gamin 4Ss : -1 armor
  • Survivor : 5Ss (also proper cost slot for Mah) I'm currently not a huge fan of the model, but I don't know what they'd need. Maybe Railwalker to start with.
  • Rail worker 6Ss : +1Wd, maybe +1 Mv or another :ToS-Fast:

Would be sad to see metal gamin change, I think he's great as he is. Rail Workers and Survivors are ones to look at.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, mythicFOX said:

I'm with @Hollingydale on this.  The metal gamin work where they are,  it's the Survivor and Rail Worker who are sat in an irrelevant slot right now.

Are rail works in an irrelevant spot? Even though their at the same cost as the metal gamin they do very deferent roles. The gamin are a tanky set up the rails model where as the worker is more offensive model dealing out the damage. I'll agree that the survivors look a bit irrelevant.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Hollingydale said:

Would be sad to see metal gamin change, I think he's great as he is. Rail Workers and Survivors are ones to look at.

In my games, my opponent bring armor ignoring stuff. Metal gamin are a tax to enable Mei to run her own crew. 5Ss is quite expensive for what they do.
Besides that, this is the kind of crew that have to take some out of keyword models not to be to hard countered. I'll let you play a game against Viks with Johan & Ronins to understand what counterpick means.

Rail worker and Survivors are optionnal to the crew where Metal gamins are must haves (at least one). But I understand in Arcanists, people may want to keep the Metal Gamin as is, to not die while bearing Magical Training...

12 minutes ago, WildRose94 said:

Are rail works in an irrelevant spot? Even though their at the same cost as the metal gamin they do very deferent roles. The gamin are a tanky set up the rails model where as the worker is more offensive model dealing out the damage. I'll agree that the survivors look a bit irrelevant.

In the games I've used the Rail Worker it has been underwhelming, and I have always wished I had a metal gamin instead. Agreed they are more of a beater than the gamin, but haven't been reliable when I have hired them. If the crew had more burning I'd definitely hire them for the stunned free action.

I'd love to see the Rail Worker raise to 6 stones, gain a wound and change Rail Driver to:

Rail Driver,:melee1",  Stat 6, Rst Df

You may remove a Scrap Marker within 3" of the target, if you do so, target gains burning +1. Target suffers 2/4/5 damage.

:tome Dismantle for parts: Enemy Constructs only. Place a scrap marker in base contact with the target.

I think that would be enough to make me hire them.

26 minutes ago, Hollingydale said:

In the games I've used the Rail Worker it has been underwhelming, and I have always wished I had a metal gamin instead. Agreed they are more of a beater than the gamin, but haven't been reliable when I have hired them. If the crew had more burning I'd definitely hire them for the stunned free action.

I'd love to see the Rail Worker raise to 6 stones, gain a wound and change Rail Driver to:

I assume you would also increase Neil Hennry's rail driver to stat 7 then as well?

6 minutes ago, WildRose94 said:

I assume you would also increase Neil Hennry's rail driver to stat 7 then as well?

No, but I'd love Neil to be a construct as that's the only reason I wouldn't hire him at the moment. I don't see the need to increase his stat.

But I appreciate the problem on wanting to change the way the action works on the Rail Workers but not on Neil.

1 minute ago, Hollingydale said:

No, but I'd love Neil to be a construct as that's the only reason I wouldn't hire him at the moment. I don't see the need to increase his stat.

but he would loss the ability to increase it by removing scrap as you are changing the rail drive action which he shares with the rail workers, so either he will need a stat increase or the action needs to be renamed. agree with construct, as he, sparks and willie really suffer from friendly vent steam at the moment.

8 minutes ago, WildRose94 said:

but he would loss the ability to increase it by removing scrap as you are changing the rail drive action which he shares with the rail workers, so either he will need a stat increase or the action needs to be renamed. agree with construct, as he, sparks and willie really suffer from friendly vent steam at the moment.

rather than making them constructs, I'd rather have them be imune to hazardous.. (They are quite used to hostile environnement). Same with Kang. They would not drop scrap when dying though.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, WildRose94 said:

True, that is problem, but to be honest I don't think I'd ever be using the scrap for a simple stat +1 as the scrap is far more useful for other models in the crew, especially after you take into account how much your opponent is likely to tailor to include scrap removal and make it a much more sparse resource (something we are not seeing so much of at the moment as every is learning their own stuff before focusing on opponent counters).

Willie is ok as non-construct, as the ranged element means he can run relatively independently, position wise, to the rest of the crew. Can't speak for Sparks but imagine its not so bad as he hangs back a fair bit as support. Neil Henry really suffers from it though.

I have yet to hire any non-construct other than Willie because Vent Steam is too table controlling for your own models to be anything other than construct. I don't want to have to worry about it.

12 minutes ago, Hollingydale said:

Willie is ok as non-construct, as the ranged element means he can run relatively independently, position wise, to the rest of the crew. Can't speak for Sparks but imagine its not so bad as he hangs back a fair bit as support. Neil Henry really suffers from it though.

His healing potential is at :meleerange, so he would have to go in if he wants to heal anything.

8 minutes ago, bedjy said:

His healing potential is at :meleerange, so he would have to go in if he wants to heal anything.

Ha! 

Sparks heals 2 right? So: Sparks enters vent steam, takes 1 damage, then takes an action to heal a friendly model 2, taking 1 further damage. That's abysmally bad. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Hollingydale said:

Ha! 

Sparks heals 2 right? So: Sparks enters vent steam, takes 1 damage, then takes an action to heal a friendly model 2, taking 1 further damage. That's abysmally bad. 

I've played against a construct crew (Hoffman) and never could use Vent steam, since it was more painful to me than to my opponent...

3 minutes ago, bedjy said:

I've played against a construct crew (Hoffman) and never could use Vent steam, since it was more painful to me than to my opponent...

Well, as I said before, I have never hired any non-construct other than Willie because I see no reason to add that layer of awkwardness for yourself in a vent steam crew. And I don't think I ever would.

1 minute ago, Hollingydale said:

Well, as I said before, I have never hired any non-construct other than Willie because I see no reason to add that layer of awkwardness for yourself in a vent steam crew. And I don't think I ever would.

So you're never going to counter-pick your opponents ? What if you need range actions, condition removal, scheme manipulation, corpse removal ? Mei Feng crew is already easy to counter pick. 

12 minutes ago, bedjy said:

So you're never going to counter-pick your opponents ? What if you need range actions, condition removal, scheme manipulation, corpse removal ? Mei Feng crew is already easy to counter pick. 

Perhaps I over exaggerated in that statement haha.

But I would not hire anything non-construct other than counterpicks. But even these would be picked sparingly.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2019 at 2:11 AM, Hollingydale said:

definitely kind of interesting but I really don't want to see them go up in cost. I would be happy with them as is or at 4SS (know that won't happen) rather than see them go up in price. We already have a ton of expensive options I want to see up keep some good/competitive options in the 5pt range. 

MeiFeng seems solid to me.

Metal Golem is over costed.  He appears to be one of the most inefficient Models in the game.  

MechRider can place scrap to help with Ride the Rails and with Triggers boost damage output.

Kang is good simply for the Focus ability.

Neil Henry can effectively perform four attacks in a single turn.  That is solid.  

x3 Metal Gamins does not seem bad.  

Rail Workers meh.  

The crew doesn't have a direct efficient means of scheming.  I assume Ride the Rails will help mitigate that.  

5 hours ago, azgadil said:

The crew doesn't have a direct efficient means of scheming.  I assume Ride the Rails will help mitigate that.  

I found the Ride The Rails gave more than enough mobility to allow for scheming. I know folks don't like just spending AP to scheme, but it's easy enough to get out and do it.