Kaiser Senpai

Grammar/Spelling Thread

5 minutes ago, Deathinabox said:

Resonance: Need to change Focus +1 to Focus as it no longer has a value

The 2.14 PDF still has Focused +X.

It was a proposed change, but wasn't implement (yet?).

The new Execute Trigger:

With the last release:

:crowExecute: When resolving, increase the damage of this Action to 2/3/4, ignoring
Hard to Kill. Add one Soulstone to this Crew's Soulstone Pool for each enemy
model killed by this Action.

I think the text should be:

:crowExecute: When resolving, change the damage of this Action to 2/3/4, ignoring
Hard to Kill. Add one Soulstone to this Crew's Soulstone Pool for each enemy
model killed by this Action.

Because for some models, this damage track is a reduction and not an increase. Therefore I think, that "change" is a better wordning than "increase" to prevent irritation.

41 minutes ago, Qracy said:

The new Execute Trigger:

That’s not the current Execute trigger.  That was a mistake in the 2.6 files, it was changed back to the one about forcing a discard of a soulstone or killing the target.

Note also that the current latest version is 2.14.

20 minutes ago, solkan said:

That’s not the current Execute trigger.  That was a mistake in the 2.6 files, it was changed back to the one about forcing a discard of a soulstone or killing the target.

Note also that the current latest version is 2.14.

Sorry, my mistake. Must have opened the wrong file.

page 37:

Damage timing;

"If the model being damaged can use Soulstones,
it may spend one here to Block Damage, giving
:-flipto the damage flip for every Soulstone
spent."

I think, because you can only spend one soulstone for blocking damage, it should just be "...giving a :-flipto the damage flip for every Soulstone spent."

Because this could imply, that you can use more than one. I think due to all new restrictions in the use of soulstones, this addition is not necessary any more, isn't it?

• Thanks 1

BABY KADE
I Got My Teddy: When hiring, Crews containing this model treat Teddy as though it were Versatile. If it does so, Teddy models hired this way must deploy within 3" of this model.

You can no longer hire multiple Teddy models.

1 hour ago, Phinn said:

BABY KADE
I Got My Teddy: When hiring, Crews containing this model treat Teddy as though it were Versatile. If it does so, Teddy models hired this way must deploy within 3" of this model.

You can no longer hire multiple Teddy models.

That’s actually standard phrasing independent of whether you can hire one or several of the model.  For instance, Luna (McCabe’s totem) has an ability that revenues “friendly Lucas McCabe models”.

The grammar just defaults to “[name] models”.

• Thanks 1

Page 14:

In the picture on the left Pandora is moving 2" away from Rasputina, but text below says "Rasputina in moving 1" away..." and at the end of clause "...and moves 2"..."

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, solkan said:

That’s actually standard phrasing independent of whether you can hire one or several of the model.  For instance, Luna (McCabe’s totem) has an ability that revenues “friendly Lucas McCabe models”.

The grammar just defaults to “[name] models”.

Ah, OK. Wasn't aware of that :)

Hucster's FSales Pitch  6"  5  Wp  -
Enemy only. This model and the target both discard the top card of their Fate Deck.
If this model's disarded card is higher, draw that card. If the target's card is higher,
they draw that card and this model adds a Soulstone to its Crew's Soulstone Pool.

Typo Discarded

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, trikk said:

2) Every model once per activation. So if Lucius Issues Commands 3x on different models, its 3x cards.

Scenario is Lucius uses Issue Command on three separate models with:

Following Orders: Once per Activation. After this model resolves an Action taken outside its Activation, it may draw a card.

Once per Activation A model can only take an Action or Ability that is once per Activation once during an Activation. ... These limitations are all by Action (or Ability) and model, so a given model could, for example, take multiple once per Activation effects so long as they were on different Actions or Abilities

The three models draw a card each. 

Is this intended? That multiple models with exactly the same "once per activation" ability can all make use of that ability during one models activation? It's all a bit much to get your head around, but to me the intention of an ability that is precursed with "Once per activation" should only be usable once per activation, across the crew. This is not the case with the current rules. If that is indeed intent  I suggest a line that implies "once per activation" abilities should only come into effect once per activation across the whole crew. This is much clearer from a language point of view and does exactly what the line of text "once per activation" implies.

Distracted +X: "This model Actions that target an enemy model suffers..."

Burning +X and Poison +X read similar, but Poison +X reads: "...plus 1 additional damage for every 3 full points..."
Why the extra word "full" though? Am I missing something?

This one isn't about grammar/spelling, but...
Assist: "Another friendly model within 2" lowers..."
Shouldn't it be within 2" and LoS so you can't Assist models behind walls etc.?

• Thanks 1

Core Rule Book, page 14. In the description of moving toward and away, the numbers don't line up:
ABOVE: Pandora is moving 1” away from Rasputina.
She uses the center of her and Pandora’s base and moves
2” to end as far away as possible.

It should be:

ABOVE: Pandora is moving 2” away from Rasputina.
She uses the center of her and Rasputina’s base and moves
2” to end as far away as possible.

Spelling mistake in the Unyielding ability (ex. Riotbreaker, Pale Rider). Currently reads: "When this model would take an Action outside of its Activation, it's ownder may choose for it not to." Should adjust to: "...outside of its Activation, its owner may choose..." (emphasis mine).

• Thanks 1

Clockwork Trap's Hunting Partner ability: "Friendly model's Attack Actions ignore this model..." Change to "Friendly models' Attack Actions..."

Pursue ability (ex. Francis Queeg, Guard Patrol): "This model's Attack Actions receives +1 to their duels..." Change to "This model's Attack Actions receive +1 to their duels..."

Pale Rider's Hatred Unleashed ability: "At the end of this models Activation..." Change to "At the end of this model's Activation..."

The Dispatcher's Stay At Your Post ability: ": If a friendly Guard Minion within (aura)4 would be moved during an enemy model's Activation or by enemy effect, it may choose not to." Change to "...during an enemy model's Activation or by an enemy effect..."

No Love For Witchlings ability (ex. Witchling Stalker, Witchling Thrall): "Friendly Witch Hunter's Attack Actions ignore this model..." Change to "Friendly Witch Hunters' Attack Actions ignore this model..."

• Thanks 1