Kaiser Senpai

Grammar/Spelling Thread

Rulebook 24/1, Page 16, Line of Sight and Size - It says "'the' Iggy". Presumably it should just say 'Iggy' without the article? There's also a closing bracket missing.

Screenshot 2019-01-25 11.26.40.png

Iggy realized that he's quite the singer so he went on tour, but nobody was buying tickets until he became The Iggy (no, not really). Good catch. 

• Haha 3

Not sure if this counts as a typo but;

The visual example for Place on P14 shows Pandora being placed completely within range rather than within range.  While that's not wrong it could easily be misleading.

• Like 1

I think I've managed to work this into a word use error, so I'll post it here.

In Encounters, Step E the text says:

Any Master or Henchman can be chosen as a Leader, but Masters cannot be hired in Crews led by a Henchman Leader. Leaders are not hired and are therefore free.

That statement should probably be removed, and something like the following added to the start of "Hire Crew":

As the founding member of the crew, the leader is automatically hired into the crew once for free.

to avoid the confusion of everyone selecting their master and then hiring the same model again (to produce a crew with 2 Rasputina or two Hoffman), instead of just doing that for Viktoria Chambers.

Masters have SS costs now, there's no need to keep up the M2E pretense that leaders become part of the crew by selection instead of just hiring them for free.

Zoraida's Obey says:

Target model takes a non-:ToS-Fast: Action that does not Attach Upgrades or list a model by name, chosen and controlled by this model.

and it's trigger "Ensorcel" says:

The target takes a non-:ToS-Fast: Action that does not Attach Upgrades or list a model by name. The Action is controlled by this model.

It sounds as if the trigger allows your opponent to choose the action.

minor issue with Yin and her upgrade being named differently

the card is "Yin, the Penangalan"

the reliquary upgrade is "Yin Katanaka"

Same possible issue among all ancestors, reliquary upgrades use the actual names and the cards use the original names/titles

Edited by TheOtherMichael
Realized all ancestors had the issue
  • Like 1

Two issues below;

Final paragraph of Triggers on P11: 

"Actions generated by Triggers cannot declare Triggers and do not count against a model’s Action limit"

Call out box, Repeating Actions on P26: 

"Some Actions or Triggers cause a model to Repeat an Action. When this happens, the model in question takes the indicated Action again. The Repeated Action does not count against the model’s Action limit."

Wording above should probably be aligned.  If two players need to look up if you can keep triggering Onslaught (on Kudra) to make multiple additional attacks it's easier to find the call out which doesn't talk about that, and conclude it's ok. 

I'm also unclear on if there's supposed to be difference between an action which is repeated (e.g. Onslaught) or a new action which is generated (e.g. Turn It Up, Kaeris.) 

It also looks theoretically like you can generate infinite actions from an action, as long as a trigger isn't involved in the repetition. Not sure if that's intentional. 

• Like 2

I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but I noticed in the latest update that Soulstone miner has a mispelling in its tactical action Earth beneath your feet.

Sorry if it was reported befor I couldn't find it so here goes: The Locus Eater has a trigger "Df/Wp (c) Soul Ward: If this Action is a y Action, the Attacking model suffers suffers 2/3/3 damage, which cannot be Cheated." The word "sufferes" is repeated :)

Don't know if it has been brought up yet in the OB, but i had mentionned it with little success in the CB :

attacker is used for both the winner of the "Determine Scenario" flip and the attacking model. I've found it to be a little confusing once or twice.

The verb "suffer" is used for several very different thing (suffer damages, suffer a :-flip) (I have to say that I think you've already cleaned it up a lot, didn't you ?)
also, suffer could be splitted in two : damage can be dealt or suffered. It's a bit confusing when with some abilities/triggers calculated with damage "suffered".

The word reduce in the H2K description is a little confusing when faced by model ignoring reductions.

Don't know if this belongs here, but I'm against the added text on Lynch's Friendly Handshake. Now it's just going to lead to people pointing to that action saying that the revealed cards are placed back on the deck to say that any other action or ability that reveals cards won't put them back if it doesn't explicitly say to.

Ten Thunders upgrade Masked Agent:

"This model's If this model is a Minion, its Attack Actions gain the following Trigger: gains the following Trigger:"

Dunno if this is the right place for this, but there's now an Ability called Blood for Blood, and an Action called Blood for Blood, that do different things.

Leveticus:

Blood for Blood
Once per Activation. After an enemy model within 8 suffers damage from either the Entropy or Unmade Abilities, a friendly model within 3" of it may Heal 1.

Nekima (et al):

(f) Blood For Blood  Rg Stat Rst TN
                                    -     6     -  10
This model suffers 1 damage.

• Like 1

I'm not sure but I think this might be a typo.
On Albus Von Schtook's card, the "Seen it all" ability says " This model cannot gain the Stunned."
Shouldn't if be "the Stunned condition" ?

• Like 1

Not sure belongs to here or not, but the Chesterfield Shotgun Attack of Cornelius and Mad Dog are not the same. According to the Change Log, I believe Mad Dog's one should be changed.

• Thanks 1

I've finally been getting a chance to look through the cards and Rules and something caught my attention so I figured I'd toss it out there. My apologies if it has already been discussed or brought up.

Several various triggers, like Burst Damage and Sweeping Strike, use the verbiage

"... When resolving, the target suffers +:blast damage....".

This verbiage seems a tad confusing as it could be interpreted that the target would suffer blast damage (damage one step down from what it took) which it cannot as Blast Damage states:

"All models, except the original target, whose bases are in base contact with one or more :blast take damage that is one step lower than the damage suffered by the original target"

And not only is the target in question not not the original target but also no Blast Marker was placed, nor does blast damage as a rule include verbiage for the target suffering +:blast damage, only that (some) damage profiles contain one or more :blasts.

I believe changing the verbiage to something akin to the following may make it more clear:

"... When resolving, the damage profile gains +:blastto weak, moderate, and severe damage"

This way a player can reference existing in book verbiage (Damage Profiles, for example) to more easily understand how to resolve the triggers in question.

• Agree 1