Kaiser Senpai

Grammar/Spelling Thread

Shenlong have meaningless Dragon's Influece. Perhaps a wrong copypaste from closed beta

Chiaki's fleute summons an Abomination, which is a typo definately.

In Misaki's Lightning Stirike trigger does'n mentioned that shadow markers are concealing as everywhere else.

In Bill's Naginata missed word "push"

Desper's Don't mind me doesn't have a text.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Jack  Daw has almost the same abilities:

"Undying: When this model suffers damage, it may discard a card. If it does so, the damage this model suffers is changed to 1 irreducible damage. When a model in this Crew would draw one or more cards, this model may instead Heal 1 for each card the model would have drawn.
Injustice: When a Tormented model in this  Crew would draw one or more cards, this model may instead Heal 1 for each card that would have drawn."

• Thanks 1

Reva Cortinas: The cursive in Ethereal Reaping refers to "any Corpse Marker within a8"

Asura Roten: The thread in the Ressurrectionists section says it already, but I want it to appear here for correctness. Reanimate misses a TN, instead it says c. Also, what does she get, if the action targets a Mindless Zombie? That also says +c.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, nomoredroids said:

It's a "Rabble Rouser," not a "Rabble Riser." 

This one's not a typo. An undead play on rabble-rouser. 

• Like 2

I assume that the reference to a "bomb marker" in the Plant Explosives strategy is a typo, as I can't find any other reference anywhere to a bomb marker? As it stands, I can just have my crew stand around on the centreline spamming strategy markers on top of strategy markers to score vp, since the only restriction is that they can't be placed near bomb markers - not other strategy markers. 

*edit* just seen that someone else has already mentioned this, apologies. 

Edited by Forgotmytea

On Lilitus' card.... (and the Geisha) 

Lure 12" 7 Wp 12
Move the target its Mv toward this model.
M Confusing Feelings: Target gains Distracted +1.
c Unrequited Love: Choose another enemy model in the target's LoS. The chosen 
model gains Distracted +1.

The unrequited love trigger.... Does this need the "enemy only" italics? Seems like an easy way to lure your own model, then choose an enemy model for distracted. 

Brian 

• Thanks 1

Collodi, The Show Must Go On Tactical Action, Appropriate Costumes Trigger:
When resolving, ignore the Mindless Abiltiy of the Summoned models.

• Thanks 1

On the Aversion card, it was already mentioned that Misery is miss referenced as Opportunist, but Antipathy is also miss referenced, on the current card its text actually reads as the Misery ability.  Does anyone know what Antipathy is actually supposed to do?

• Thanks 1

Terror Tot's Consume Corpse is cut off. Also On Eldritch Magic is Counterspell supposed to be minion only as well?

Also not really a typo, but Dismember should probably be after damaging. Not sure how I'm tearing off a chunk of flesh from something even if I didn't damage it.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Hellomurse said:

Marcus is missing the BEAST keyword ... ;)

1.  Beast isn't a keyword any more.  It's a Characteristic.

2.  :P

In case of serious, Marcus lost the fight to keep a ridiculously large cross-faction hiring pool when everyone else was getting reigned in.

A few weeks ago people were seriously or jokingly talking about the "Animal Kingdom" hiring pool on the Beast Henchmen.  That's probably why Beast is a Characteristic now.

• Agree 1

I'm a high school English teacher, so I hope I don't embarrass myself one way or the other (making a mistake in my intended corrections or being too much of a language nerd).  Either way, I hope this helps:

Core Rules:

p20, Complicated Terrain box:  Last sentence in the box should read "Bridges" and not "Bridge."

p21, Bridge: It seems there is half a definition of the Archway terrain under the definition of Bridge.

p24, End Phase: The outline numbers/letters need reformatted.

p26, Resolving Action: This section header should be a larger font than it is.  Also, in Step 3, there shouldn't be a comma after "friendly models only."

p28, Markers and Killed Models: In paragraph 3, the M in one instance of the word 'model' is in a different font.

p29, Friendly, Enemy, and Control: In paragraph 4, "...model uses ((a)) Soulstone..."

p38, Detailed Timing:  E. Calculate Pass Tokens - The phrase "least amount of models" is awkward and leaves room for argument.  I recommend changing it to "fewest models in play."

p42, Game Play: "No player may score an VP on the first Turn."

p42, Dead Man's Hand: The abbreviation TO should be spelled out to Tournament Organizer since this is the first (and only, I believe) use of the abbreviation.

p43, Strategies - Plant Explosives: The phrase "up to one" is weird.  I recommend changing it to "No more than one..."

p45, Schemes: In paragraph 1 there is an unnecessary comma in the first sentence after "once for its 'Reveal' requirement"

And as a Ten Thunders (Jakob Lynch) player, I studied those cards and upgrades and found the following issues:

Jakob Lynch - backside of card cuts off

Kitty Dumont - The duel reference in her Brilliance Saturation ability should be singular and not say "duels."

Asami's Soul - Title of card needs an apostrophe

Silent Protector / Masked Agent - The limitations at the bottom of the card seems to have had a deletion, yet the comma remains.

• Thanks 1

Not sure if its a type or if i'm missing how it works but the "Staggering Punch" attack for Georgy & Olaf, Raphael LaCroix, Moon Shinobi, Survivor all have a TN of - -FLIP

Firebrand 

Embrace the Flame: Reduce the value of the Burning Condition on the target [] any models within pulse 3 of the target by any amount. The target Heals an amount equal to the total value of Burning reduced this way (to a maximum of 3). 

I believe an and needs to be add in the location in square brackets as it currently doesn't read right. 

In the Auras section, the first paragraph says "For example, :aura3 means that everything within 3" of the object is affected by the Aura."  But then the second paragraph says "All models inside the Aura’s area, including what is generating the Aura, are affected by the Aura as long as they stay inside the area and remain in Line of Sight of the generating object."

I think the paragraphs should be fixed up a bit so we don't have two descriptions that conflict on what area is affected.

20 hours ago, Mkwone said:

Not sure if its a type or if i'm missing how it works but the "Staggering Punch" attack for Georgy & Olaf, Raphael LaCroix, Moon Shinobi, Survivor all have a TN of - -FLIP

That's not a :-flipthat's a blank. Meaning there is no TN.

I think there's a mistake in Kaeris' Inferno ability. It's the only case of Pyre markers that mentions "Friendly". I think this is a mistake and should be any pyre marker like every other action/ability.