Kaiser Senpai

Grammar/Spelling Thread

Is it better to fill out a form for grammar/spelling stuff or should we have another thread to pool those we find?

Kyle says a thread is preferable. A few folks have already put stuff here so I guess use this to put small grammar and spelling issues until they have an official thread.

A thread is fine for that. Having to fill out a form for every little spelling error would become a pain for everyone. 

And yes, @Sol_Sorrowsong - there was an issue with exporting the files where some symbols didn't show up properly, so that was to be expected. We wanted to make sure that everyone had the files today. We'll be taking care of those little bits very soon. 

Bot Effigy and emissary

Aura of the Lost a3" 6 - -
Until the End Phase, after a friendly model within range Kills an enemy model, this
model may discard a card to add one Soulstone to this Crew’s Soulstone Pool.

They have stat but no TN value?

• Thanks 1

hayred.png

Also on Black Blood Shaman's card.

Also, Hayreddin's Life From Blood ability refers to "Juvenile Nephilim," but their names appear to have been changed back to "Terror Tot" on the actual card.

• Thanks 1

I've noticed on Kaeris' card, her Inferno ability lists Pyre Markers as Hazardous (Damage 1 and Burning +1), which her On The Pyre action and other pyre-based things in her crew list Pyres as Hazardous (Burning +1). Whichever is correct, just needs to be syncronized.

• Thanks 1

I've Got Your Back: "Target another engaged friendly model."

Not a fan of the wording on the cost there, would "target other engaged friendly model" work, or "target friendly model which is engaged"?

• Thanks 1

Page 43: The third paragraph under Plant Explosives contains a reference to Bomb Markers, which no longer exist in this version of the Strategy. It should refer to Strategy Markers instead.

Page 45: Harness the Ley Line's Reveal condition requires "at least three" qualifying Scheme Markers, while its End condition requires "three or more" qualifying Scheme Markers. I know the two phrases mean the same thing, but the difference in phrasing for what are otherwise identical rules bugs the crap out of me.

Page 45: Don't know if this is a typo or intentional: The End scoring for Search the Ruins requires at least three qualifying Scheme Markers, but only requires that you remove two such Scheme Markers after scoring it. All other Schemes require the removal of the same number of qualifying Scheme Markers as were required to score.

• Thanks 1

For the Arcanists:

• Marcus Witherpeak: Beastmaster’s wording should probably be closer to Elementalist and similar
  • Wendigo: December’s Pawn’s 3rd sentence should also be italicized
  • Elijah Borgmann: Greatsword should probably be “...has not taken...”
  • Eternal Flame: Heat Exhaustion should just be “from Burning”
  • Willie: "Fire in the Hole!" trigger is blank
  • Metal Golem: Off the Rails' 4th sentence should go either before or after the last sentence (not sure which works better timing-wise)
  • Toni Ironsides: Timing of Good Shot My Turn changed, typo or intended?
  • Angelica Durand: Should say “Enemy only” and cut out everything before the comma
  • Steam Arachnid Swarm: Allows you to kill a Steam Arachnid, remove its Scrap, and heal off of both, which seems unintended?
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if it counts as Grammar/Spelling but is a minor typo;

On the Dreamer, Manifest Nightmares says the target is 10M rather than the masks symbol.

Also Ten Thunders Dawn Serpent;

Rising Dawn
This model Heals 1 for each enemy model within rangel.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, retnab said:
  • Toni Ironsides: Timing of Good Shot My Turn changed, typo or intended?

As it stands I believe removing the timing like that will revert it to the default 'after succeeding' timing, which means the trigger does the reverse of the m2e version.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Wanted Criminal Upgrade: Extra leading "," under Restrictions

Tara Blake:  not a typo per say, but Soulstone Sword has a lot of overlapping text with the Beyond Time ability, this could maybe be cleaned up to save card space?

Blessed of December is not Living, I'm not sure if that's intentional?

• Thanks 1

Both the Gunsmith and the Mechanical Dove need the apostrophes removing from the rules text of their abilities, as they currently read 'While this model is unengaged, it is attack actions...' and 'After this models is killed, it is controller draws +1 card' respectively.

• Thanks 1

Core rules, page 32: "Some game effects cause models to suffer damage from a Condition. Damage suffered this way is affected by any effects referring to the Condition (such as models within a4 damaged by Burning suffer +1 damage)."

• Thanks 1

Montresor’s Quick action deals damage equal to value of Staggered, but Staggered has no value now.

Poltergeist and Aversion has mistakes in print about Misery.

Second Attack of Mysterious Emissary has two damage tracks. Looks like typo.

• Thanks 2