Discussion on Infiltrators

DeleteAccount

So, I've played them a couple of times, they are made out of tissue, hillariously bad with their guns once cover rears it's ugly head (I expect most of my shots to have to deal with cover at this point), but can be a nice vanguard to get on top of objectives/portals early. Getting them to glory seems like a horrible chore, so even though their mine fields are amazing, it just doesn't seem likely. So that leaves them with Confuse, and Confuse is frigging amazing, the token control and ability to strip reinforcement trivially on units has proved incredibly useful.

So all of this introduction is to sort of get to the point where I feel I'd rather keep the infiltrators back instead of forward to not getting them instakilled so I can keep confuse on the table. How have people been using the blighters and is it aggresively forward nor consertively in a flank how people are deploying them? Once on game, what are they actually doing? Just doing token control or is there an active attempt to get them in glory?

Forward deployment seems super strong in certain scenarios and on certain tables, if the opponent tries to kill them your other troops live a little longer.

And if even one guys survives you can try to bring em back^^

Confuse is a great action, especially against Hordes and Cult.

I like to put a sharpshooter in one team, gives them a potent sh action and increases their AV on Confuse or even their own sh if you want to use that :)

but I'm not sure I would take them in every game atm - though I've onlyplayed a couple of games until now of course^^

19 hours ago, Razhem said:

Sharpshooter only affects one of the fireteams though, right? I mean confuse is a damn fine action but don't know if I want to bump up theur cost when one of their selling points is low cost.

Sure, only one fireteam - but it's not only the AV bump but the additional long range shot they can take, each and every round to at least affect the board a little while they're out there claming objectives.

But sure, it all depends on points in the end :)