Tips for building a thematic crew in M3E

cfrag

So, I made a wrestling theme crew just for fun in M2E that was comprised of the following members:

Mah Tucket

Little lass

Bishop (alt sculpt, for theme purposes )

Mancha Roja 

3x wrastlers

Slop hauler

and some upgrades.

However, with M3E I'm not sure this list is still legal. Since the NDA has been lifted, do any of you kind beta testers have any suggestion on how to get a somehow similar list going on?

It doesn't have to be competitive, it just has to kind of work. The idea on the original list was to have a melee focused list that was thematic (hence the use of bishop instead of our emissary. Purely thematic reasons)

17 minutes ago, cfrag said:

So, I made a wrestling theme crew just for fun in M2E that was comprised of the following members:

Mah Tucket

Little lass

Bishop (alt sculpt, for theme purposes )

Mancha Roja 

3x wrastlers

Slop hauler

and some upgrades.

However, with M3E I'm not sure this list is still legal. Since the NDA has been lifted, do any of you kind beta testers have any suggestion on how to get a somehow similar list going on?

It doesn't have to be competitive, it just has to kind of work. The idea on the original list was to have a melee focused list that was thematic (hence the use of bishop instead of our emissary. Purely thematic reasons)

You're probably going to want to give Zipp a thought :} He's the only gremlin that can hire bishop and works well with mancha and wrastlers.

2 hours ago, Saduhem said:

You're probably going to want to give Zipp a thought :} He's the only gremlin that can hire bishop and works well with mancha and wrastlers.

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll have yo give that a thought. It won't look very thematic, but mah didn't either, so it's a matter of making it work I guess.

Bishop doesn't have the Infamous keyword, so you'd have to play Zipp as an Outcasts master and pay the SS tax for him. This also means that you can't take the Slop Hauler. 

It does mean that you can take Barbaros who has a history with Bishop... 

Alternatively, in Gremlins, still play Zipp (so you don't have to pay the SS tax for Mancha and the Wrastlers), but you can take the Alt Lenny for the Wrestling theme... He seems very tasty in M3E... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Da Git said:... Alternatively, in Gremlins, still play Zipp (so you don't have to pay the SS tax for Mancha and the Wrastlers), but you can take the Alt Lenny for the Wrestling theme... He seems very tasty in M3E... 

Ooh damn, you can’t just drop a comment like that without explaining!

How can we not know what are Lenny’s rules till Wednesday?

XD

3 hours ago, Da Git said:

Bishop doesn't have the Infamous keyword, so you'd have to play Zipp as an Outcasts master and pay the SS tax for him. This also means that you can't take the Slop Hauler. 

It does mean that you can take Barbaros who has a history with Bishop... 

Alternatively, in Gremlins, still play Zipp (so you don't have to pay the SS tax for Mancha and the Wrastlers), but you can take the Alt Lenny for the Wrestling theme... He seems very tasty in M3E... 

Now that's a very interesting thought!

The slop hauler was only there as a filler and as a model that synergized with the whole "buffs to melee" theme. Having an alt Lenny would probably work better. As I said this is a fun list where the theme is more important than its competitiveness although it has to somehow work. Depending on how well it'll work in 3e I might even think about getting some extra models for conversion purposes

2 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

But if you take Zipp as Outcasts, you can also bring in Von Schill for the true old school wrestling references! You could build two distinct wrestling tag teams for the differing factions.

Starting to push the upper bounds of composition there though. 16 for Schill, 10 for Mancha, 9 for Bishop, 15 for the three Wrastlers = 50SS. So, unless you model Zipp into a Rey Mysterio type (he does have the mask half off), and are happy with playing with 0SS, that's the limit.