Card Draw in the King's Empire

DeleteAccount

OK, so card draw is certainly not a faction strength, so I have to ask, how are you guys coping with it in general? I mean there is some conditional on the intelligence and royal corps, but nothing I would bank on reliably and none of the assets give any reliable card draw.

I've already considered adding abyssinia to give me card draw, but wanted to hear how others cope with it in pure a King's Empire Company.

Forgot about Margaret's action, it's certainly fantastic to get some much needed hand, though I'm still having issues getting into the flow of getting Charles into Glory, I can only imagine Margaret will be a good chunk harder to set up properly without leaving her completely exposed, live and learn I guess will be the name of that game...

As for Noble Procession... well, at the moment, they are still my most punchy unit by far, so feels like kind of a waste to not use them to wreck face as much as possible and the Inspired buff hasn't really been an options ince they have pretty much been my foward assault. Once I start using Borderers and Dragoons I can see how the stock of the action can go way up since those other units are more than willing to be in the frontlines and losing a rifle shot to get a card and a couple of inspired tokens is certainly a lot juicier but without getting some inspire out of it, it just really seems like I need to keep them shooting.

Guess I'm more wondering about options for passive card generation, Margaret's the most efficient but it still requires her in glory, so it's not something I expect to have access to the first or second turn.

Semi on topic, but Dragoons are amazing if not to draw cards than at least to cycle them while still being a very useful unit on the tabletop - I actually have a hard time not including them atm (but I also lile their aesthetics very much^^)