Sign in to follow this  
Emberlost

Assembly issues addressed with new sculpts?

Alright, I know I'm late to the party when it comes to 3e, but I'm looking forward to learning more.

That said, I want to open a discussion about one of the biggest problems I have with Malifaux. Namely that the models are really fiddly to assemble. My hands shake sometimes (less now, yay new meds!) so model assembly can be a real challenge for me. (Painting too.) I remember hearing at one point that Wyrd had said they were going to be doing something about how hard it is to assemble Malifaux models going forward.

Is this being kept in mind with 3e? 

It might be subjective, but to me the older the model, the harder it is to assemble. The newer ones seem to be easier overall and often have additional bits of plastic and holes to guide the assembly. 
If I had to bet I'd say M3e will keep following that trend and keep improving the design behind assembly.

The newest models I have touched have mostly been much better (more continuous assemblies—would you believe the male domador’s hat was indeed a single piece?!?!), with the exception of ribbons. Ribbons have not been deeply tabbed if they have a tab at all, more of a slight wedge to lay in a very shallow recess.

The cuts across heads have been much better notched and tabbed to fit even if still tiny, a definite improvement over the floating flayed skin face-masks. The mechanical arachnid legs under the printing press had wedges which fit together like pie slices. And models poised on one foot have begun to come with magic effects for better points of contact! Whether you like the aesthetics or not, you have to appreciate no longer pinning by the slenderest of attachment points.

(Glad to hear your hands are steadier!)

• Like 1