M3E Open Beta is close

CustosUmbra

I wanna see how Hamelin works in this new era.  With Pass Tokens and not really summoning, will having a dozen rats be a detriment?  Will summoning a dozen rats be a detriment?  Will we still ignore conditions?  How will plague work now?  Did he get hit with the nerf bat so hard that a rat landed in the bleachers, cause a lot of people wanted that to happen really bad!

I actually put a ton of rats on the table to overwhelm everything with blight and clog movement lanes, and then Bleeding Disease the table away turn 3-4.... until that got boring and I got creative, but chances are the hiring of Lost models is gone (as Lost isn't even a keyword going forward).

So, I should be expecting a mixed bag, then?

5 hours ago, Mister Feral said:

I’m looking forward to seeing folks talking about Jack when the full open beta kicks off next week.

Ugh, why did they lift NDAs before the Open Beta(

Still not sure if I can talk about Closed Beta stuff or not.. but it's too god damn exiting to not talk about!

1 hour ago, CustosUmbra said:

And do you think spoiling things for the newcommers is fine?)

If anyone doesn't want to be spoiled on the nature of currently mutable rules a few days in advance they should probably stay away from threads like this. ;) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

I actually put a ton of rats on the table to overwhelm everything with blight and clog movement lanes, and then Bleeding Disease the table away turn 3-4.... until that got boring and I got creative, but chances are the hiring of Lost models is gone (as Lost isn't even a keyword going forward).

So, I should be expecting a mixed bag, then?

I played a few Hamelin games and he's.. different. I think Benny will be almost an autotake. Wretch will be less of an autopick and I think you need to go into Versatile/other keywords in Hamelin crew because the lack of high damage models is visible. On a big +, blight is now tokens so no condition removal works against it. On the -, it doesn't go up at the end of the turn.

3 hours ago, CustosUmbra said:

And do you think spoiling things for the newcommers is fine?)

Personally I don't want to spoil the discovery for new comers, so I am not talking details or too much opinion. I don't want to say x is great and y is bad, because I want them to make their own minds up. Just because I don't like Y, doesn't mean they won't.

But Just remember lots of people will read the posts and not have a clue what you are talking about. (And its possible that anything we say is actually wrong anyway, the files going into the public beta may not be the same as the last from the closed beta)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, trikk said:

I don't think anyone is spoiling. A lot of people are talking about their preferences and not solid rules. I wouldn't consider saying "I think Lucius is fun" to be a spoiler.

Eh. Too much fun and exciting stuff happened.
Von Schill going from Rambo to offensive support Master, Jack Daw turning near unkillable, Tara's enhanced shenanigans, Bandits' superb mobility.. it's all too much fun.

19 hours ago, Davos said:

I'm eager to try Jack Daw more, both as leader and a hired-in master.  I think he's going to be an amazing support master in certain crews.  I want a Von Schill, Hannah, Jack Daw crew and laugh at the card draw (and misery of my opponent)

Oh you evil man! How are others supposed to even try to kill Jack with all those cards? XD

2 minutes ago, CustosUmbra said:

Yeah, his initial version was much worse...

Yea, i saw a couple versions of it.  At one point it was discard two cards to reduce the damage by 1 per card.  THAT one was badddddd.

I think the current version works, but could be very swingy.  Crews that give out poison, burning, or blasts could mess Daw up something fierce I think.

5 minutes ago, Davos said:

Yea, i saw a couple versions of it.  At one point it was discard two cards to reduce the damage by 1 per card.  THAT one was badddddd.

I think the current version works, but could be very swingy.  Crews that give out poison, burning, or blasts could mess Daw up something fierce I think.

Well, true. He's vulnurable to indirect damage and things that do 1 damage anyway..

Remember a version, where he could discard a card to reduce damage not to 1, but straight to 0? 😃

Edit: Damn it, English! Let me use you correctly!

Edited by CustosUmbra

2 minutes ago, CustosUmbra said:

Remember a version, where he could discard a card to reduce damage not to 1, but straight to 0? 😃

Yea....that one was insanely broken....the fact that they even let that go through testing was insane...lolz.

I think Guilty are also in a really nice place as well.  And pairing Hannah with him could get some real good results I think