M3E OPEN BETA!

Kyle

3 hours ago, trikk said:

I don't know how I double posted.... So I'll say something else.

Schemes and Stones posed an M3E episode. 

If he's posting about all the beta stuff, then everyone else should be fine.

• Agree 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

On 1/12/2019 at 5:29 PM, Jesy Blue said:

Schemes and Stones posed an M3E episode. 

If he's posting about all the beta stuff, then everyone else should be fine.

Depends on whats in there. If he is talking about his experiences in the beta, that should be fine. If he is reading the beta cards, that would probably not be fine. Also stupid, as everybody gets the cards next wednesday.

57 minutes ago, MuMantai said:

Depends on whats in there. If he is talking about his experiences in the beta, that should be fine. If he is reading the beta cards, that would probably not be fine. Also stupid, as everybody gets the cards next wednesday.

The cards testers saw and the cards that will be in the open beta don't have to be the same and Wyrd probably wants a fresh start so people are not biased.

53 minutes ago, RedHood said:

I haven't done any digging but obviously this is an open beta have Wyrd given any sort of timeline as to when we can expect the full release along with new rulebook? 

Not yet, but, I would guess with a couple of months of Open Beta, then a couple of months to organise printing and stuff, Gencon 2019 being the launch is a likely candidate.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, MuMantai said:

Um Guys, as per the first post of this thread:

Those NDAs that you signed? Consider them lifted.

8 hours ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

Won’t take months to organize printing. A month or two tops. With the open beta I’d guess gen con release. I would have assumed before the open beta they would have to release prior to gen con.

I was really hoping for Adepticon. But it looks more and more like Gencon unless the beta is 4-6 weeks

5 hours ago, Franchute said:

Hopefully it will be even less than that.

It took us a lot more than 4-6 weeks to start understanding what really worked and what didn't in the closed beta. Ideally you want to get as close as possible to what "meta" would look like, so models don't start the edition as never-picks. There are going to be auto-picks though, and that's fine. In thematic crews it makes sense to have the in-theme henchman there most of the time.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Franchute said:

Hopefully it will be even less than that.

Previous open betas have lasted generally 2-3 months if my memory is correct. I would predict about the same or more likely longer in this case. 

On the plus side some initial impressions will be useful for new perspectives on the game. It doesn’t do Wyrd any good if they balance the game well enough but it requires multiple months of playing to decide actually see that. New players are a critical component in any minis game. If you make the game so that only a small fraction of those prepared to buy, assemble, paint, and list build will play it because they also need months of time commitment to actually enjoy the game then your new player numbers are going to be unsustainable. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Mortarion said:

Wait... Are you saying that the open beta will go live according to some weird alternate American timeline and not according to the real time (GMT)?

Disappointed!

;)

Sorry, corrected that for you. (Although its likely to go live during Wednesday GMT just very near the end of it...)

• Haha 3