Thank You, Mason

Kyle

1 hour ago, yool1981 said:

The departures of Justin, Aaron and Mason who all contributed heavily to the game design and lore construction do not date back from 14 years ago if my memory is correct.

Justin left just after book 4, Aaron did one book and left when M3E was announced and before TOS was on the shelves, while Mason is leaving 4 months after Aaron before the M3E is even finished.

It does not look like business as usual at all. 

You seem to be missing the point.

Who was on the design team for 1st edition, 1.5, or M2E Malifaux at Wyrd and still works there?  Who was on the design team for 1st or 2nd Warmachine at Privateer Press and still works there?

Through the Breach is presumably going to be on its third lead developer.  Let me go over and see how many different lead developers D&D has had....  

You don’t swear a blood oath to serve a game system until you die.  Aaron and Mason both have their credits in the TOS book, and I’d guess have contributions for a few books not yet released yet.  They don’t get chained to desks for a three year block until everything they’ve worked on comes out. ;)  

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

58 minutes ago, solkan said:

You seem to be missing the point.

Who was on the design team for 1st edition, 1.5, or M2E Malifaux at Wyrd and still works there?  Who was on the design team for 1st or 2nd Warmachine at Privateer Press and still works there?

Through the Breach is presumably going to be on its third lead developer.  Let me go over and see how many different lead developers D&D has had....  

You don’t swear a blood oath to serve a game system until you die.  Aaron and Mason both have their credits in the TOS book, and I’d guess have contributions for a few books not yet released yet.  They don’t get chained to desks for a three year block until everything they’ve worked on comes out. ;)  

Nope we just don’t see the same point that’s all.

People come and go that’s business for sure. It is unusual to see some people working in SME leaving before the completion of their project but it happens nevertheless.

However, for any SME, so many key people leaving within such a short period time is often not a sign of good health and/or management. 

• Like 1

On 1/4/2019 at 4:14 PM, Nathan Caroland said:

Business as normal. People come and go for various reasons. 

The sky has fallen every time someone leaves the company. Justin, Mack, Drew, Zee, David, Aaron, Kai, Mason ... it's been a few years (14). More will come, more will go. 

To be fair the sky did fall when I left. Very small piece. Mostly over Eastern Europe.

I can’t really say I would worry about the state of a company I don’t work for. When the game comes out if it’s good, I’ll buy it. If it’s not, I won’t. And everything I’ve seen of M3E so far looks amazing! Can’t wait for it.

Best of luck, Mason! You did awesome work! 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, solkan said:

At this point I'm pretty sure you wouldn't believe the people involved explaining that personal lives don't happen according to product development schedules.

Sometimes there is a strong correlation (especially with something like project management), hence the worry some have about the health of the company and thus the sustainability of the game in the long run, notably since operations have not be running smoothly for the TOS KS deliveries and the book 5 releases for Malifaux.

But this may be an unfortunate series of events, bad things sometimes just happen. As the saying goes: "The bums fly in squadrons".

8 hours ago, Lalochezia said:

can’t speak for anyone else, but, you can strike my name off the list of ‘people who left and prove something is wrong.’

I loved Wyrd when I left. Still do. Just wanted to work on new things and make new contacts. They were doing just fine.

Thanks for the input, this is reassuring to know that :D.

9 hours ago, Lalochezia said:

I can’t speak for anyone else, but, you can strike my name off the list of ‘people who left and prove something is wrong.’

I loved Wyrd when I left. Still do. Just wanted to work on new things and make new contacts. They were doing just fine.

Didn't see Lalochezia on the list :D

Are you Aaron or Justin?

7 hours ago, yool1981 said:

Sometimes there is a strong correlation (especially with something like project management), hence the worry some have about the health of the company and thus the sustainability of the game in the long run, notably since operations have not be running smoothly for the TOS KS deliveries and the book 5 releases for Malifaux.

But this may be an unfortunate series of events, bad things sometimes just happen. As the saying goes: "The bums fly in squadrons".

Thanks for the input, this is reassuring to know that :D.

So you're choosing to not believe the reasons that everyone that has left has given for why they left? Because it's very much not pointing to the sky falling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yool1981 said:

I am not choosing anything...

The announcement for Mason’s leave was not done by Mason . Have I missed something?

He still has an account on the forums, and he was never the most engaging employee anyways.

By engaging I mean he wasn't really one to just chit chat like Kai or Aaron were. He's usually pretty down to buisness/matter of fact with his posts. Not having a fair well message doesn't seem that out of character.

• Agree 2

I can see where @yool1981 is coming from.

The way this whole thing was handled makes me feel uneasy. As I said before, I enjoyed every second of the beta and I am positive about M3E.

However, finding out that Masons departure was on Wyrd and that the process was not very amicable (this is Information from reddit), leaves a bitter taste.

I have always felt very good in the Hands of wyrd. Unlike with other companies I, as a customer, always felt like Wyrd was doing it for the People. For us. And I still feel that way.

But I also always felt that way about Mason. I liked his Approach on the beta and I found him very likable in the interview with schemes&stones.

So now hearing that mommy and daddy had a fight, makes me wonder where I'll end up.

But of Course, we as customers have absolutley no Claim on any Information about this.

• Like 2
  • Agree 6

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Mason for listening to all the posts in the M3E forums. I am sure you put M3E in a great place to continue without you and hopefully it was not the straw that broke the camels back towards you finding new ventures in life. Whatever you do and where ever you do it, enjoy it; there are only so many hours in a day and so many days in a lifetime.

• Like 1