Thank You, Mason

Kyle

Thanks for everything Mason!

Wyrd, I sincerely hope you guys can stop hemorrhaging people soon. In the last year Aaron, Kai, and Kyle have left. All 3 very well known and well liked in the community. Two of whom were also lead designers for your flagship games. Between this, a very rough TOS kickstarter/release, along with your inability to release Malifaux models on any sort of schedule (also where is Bayou Bash? and the Iconic Fate Deck?), I am very worried. 

I love your games, and really really want you to do well. So please, get it together

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 11
  • Respectfully Disagree 2

Really sad to see Mason leave !

I also share the same concern as some here.

So many people leaving during such a brief period of time, disastrous Kickstarter management for TOS, catastrophic release schedules / supply chain management for Malifaux... This is not a very reassuring environment.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 5
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

Have to agree to the general consensus, wether there is a company based issue or not, it certainly doesn't look reassuring  😕

I wish Mason and the others all the best of course :)

Would still like to hear some honest words wether or not something bigger is going on or not though :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 4

Sad days. Mason, you've been a bedrock of knowledge and insight into the game and fluff. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication. It's been a pleasure working with you throughout the Beta and I look forward to playing some M3E for realsies! 

I wish you all the best in your future endeavours! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Business as normal. People come and go for various reasons. 

The sky has fallen every time someone leaves the company. Justin, Mack, Drew, Zee, David, Aaron, Kai, Mason ... it's been a few years (14). More will come, more will go. 

The departures of Justin, Aaron and Mason who all contributed heavily to the game design and lore construction do not date back from 14 years ago if my memory is correct.

Justin left just after book 4, Aaron did one book and left when M3E was announced and before TOS was on the shelves, while Mason is leaving 4 months after Aaron before the M3E is even finished.

It does not look like business as usual at all. 

Anyway I am glad there was a 2 year overlap with Kyle and I wish he will continue his work for Wyrd at least until M3E is released :D.

Except for the imho unimpressive artwork and the big kick in my Neverborn nuts, I like what I have seen of M3E so far.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3