2019 Monthly Painting Challenge - January

Caedrus

13 minutes ago, LordZombie said:

So I am fired up to get some painting done and back in the hobby. Here is my lot for the month. 

That's a Ronin on the far right, if I am not mistaken. Which faction's dogs are those to the left, and what are the metal figures? What's their total M2E soulstone value?

@Caedrus looking great so far...really like the choice and tones of orange and browns 👍

Considering that we are still at the start of the month there has been some very rapid progress going on which is most inspirational 👍

For myself I should get a WIP shot up by close of play on Sunday...enjoying getting back into painting again and enjoying reading the background stories in the TOS rulebook as I work on the figures...Cult of The  Burning Man has some killer sculpts so am really fired up and wanting to paint them

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Caedrus said:

Caedrus, checking in.

Here's my mid-month WIP of Mr Hodgepodge. Still lots to go!

kddLmvi.jpg

I hope you're having a great month!

Caedrus.

Love the contrast between the oranges and his skin, and the levels in his skin in general (I hate doing skin, so seeing some that pops always makes me notice). Well done!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/10/2019 at 2:55 PM, PetitDalek said:

Would you mind sharing how you painted the skin? I really like how it turned out 😃 

@Franchute, @PetitDalek So !

I did a pretty classic skin tone, but a bit lighter, then I came with some really thin purple glazes, insisting a bit in the shadows. Then I had to come back with some more skin tone because nothing went right, then some more purple and then more skin... I almost went mad with this one !
I wish you good luck to do the same -_-:D 

• Like 2