2019 Monthly Painting Challenge - January

Caedrus

Wow! It's been a crazy January! I took an unexpected trip and was out of town for a week and was pulled into Persona 5 for a significant amount of time I hadn't planned on, so I fell short on what I wanted to have painted for this month, but I still did pretty well! Yesterday I finished 3 Bunraku (5SS), Hinamatsu (9SS) and the Mysterious Effigy (4SS).

large.IMG_2043.jpg.6d92a4637282d614f0f248ad62bb78d0.jpg

That means my total pledge for the month was: 3 Bunraku (5SS), Hinamatsu (9SS), Mysterious Effigy (4SS), 3 Stitched Together (6SS), 2 Beckoners (6SS), Mr. Tannen (6SS) and Mr. Graves (8SS) for a total of 72 SS this month!

large.IMG_2042.jpg.e6c7969ff529d851b55909eeb41f207a.jpg

• Like 8

Greetings All!

Well, January has been just magnificent. So many just wonderful painting efforts. Very, very impressive.

Because January is such a hectic month, I have decided to make the first week of February into honorary January. So, if you are below points by just a few, you've got until 23:59 GMT on Thursday, February 7th to get those pledges in. I won't be so kind next month, so get painting!

There are some paintjobs I need to recognise for their particular wonderfulness, but in the meantime, the spreadsheet has been updated. Please have a look, and let me know if I've got anything wrong.

Now, a few gentle reminders:
@Gertz: How’d you go with your Ma Tucket?

@Mooseyfaux: How did your Lynch end up?

@lusciousmccabe: I have 5 for the Insidious, and 6 for Lelu, totalling 11. Is that correct?

@Kimberly: How did your Cassandra go?

@Stranglelove: I’ve got you down for 1SS, but only because I don’t know your total. Any guesses?

@Pierzasty: How did you go with your mountain of Arcanists models? Oh, and we’re using M2E costing until M3E is officially released.

@salisterro: That’s a beautiful Old Major. Beautiful flesh tones. You’ve got 9 of your pledge off 11 this month. Would you like to drop down to Enforcer level (6SS per month)? If not, then January would be a mulligan for you.

@Chou: Gorgeous models! You pledged for Emissary (which is now Tyrant). You’ve got 25 of your pledge off 31 this month. Would you like to drop down to Master level (16SS per month)? If not, then January would be a mulligan for you.

@wobbly_goggy: @Hawkoon: Any news on the painting front?

Have a great February!

Caedrus.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Caedrus said:

@Chou: Gorgeous models! You pledged for Emissary (which is now Tyrant). You’ve got 25 of your pledge off 31 this month. Would you like to drop down to Master level (16SS per month)? If not, then January would be a mulligan for you.

@Caedrus yes please, if you don't mind! Had several setbacks so I couldn't finish the emissary, I plan to gain those SS back in february!

8 hours ago, Caedrus said:

@Pierzasty: How did you go with your mountain of Arcanists models? Oh, and we’re using M2E costing until M3E is officially released.

Didn't manage to finish them, not without compromising on detail which I didn't want to do, I'll probably finish them this weekend. I'll take a mulligan for January, please move my pile of constructs to next month. And thanks for the SS clarification.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/1/2019 at 11:16 PM, wobbly_goggy said:

Thank you so much for the extra time @Caedrus, as you said, January is tough!

Here is a Wrastler (5ss) for January. Bit of a rush job, but, done...

wrastler.jpg

Hey @Caedrus it looks like I got a mulligan for January and this chap didnt make it in with the amnesty...could he be added to Jan ot Feb please?

I will probably hesd back to the UK/away from my paints over the summer so want to save my nulligans mulligans for then if possible! !