2019 Monthly Painting Challenge - January

Caedrus

@Franchute  nice model and superb base.... Indeed she looks very rotten but not so much "belle"! :P

@Athiko like your Death Marshals: very clean painting style with stunning looking. Love a lot the flames.

@emiba your warped models look amazing.

@Spanky small pictures for a great models. Congrats for your pleade... please post more details of your model.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Purple Mist said:

@bedjy I'm waiting to see your Hinamatstu model finished. It already looks like one of the best figures I ever saw.

Wow !! Such a compliment !! I don't know if I'll handle the pressure I have on me to successfully finish my model !! Thank you :)

@Chou I like the colour scheme you chose for your Wild Ones "donut of death"...came out great...and am with you 100% on the frustration with building them - and I thought it was me who had invented rage quitting 😂😂 I built Patti Ramone for the Challenge the other year and turned the air an unhealthy shade of angry in the process  - the others are all still on the sprue and I might paint all one hundred and twenty of my TOS models before I even go back to look at them

@Franchute Your Rotten Belle is truly wonderful - the colour is so saturated and rich...excellent brushwork indeed and you managed to pack so much detail in such a tiny model - great job 👍

@prof_bycid great choice of colours sir and that base really pops ! 👍

It's been a fantastically productive January by everyone and some great looking models that are all inspiring to look at and study...My pledge models are close to being finished so no use in posting another WIP as tonight I started work on the bases...all on schedule for a timely finish

@Scatterbrain  it's the weekend 😉 loads of time yet 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Diddick A lovely looking model with not only deft brushwork but the base you made for it makes the entire model spectacular 👍....group shot is like "wow !"

@Athiko Very nice indeed....the glow on the coffins is particularly impressive - and they look really fierce all together- top work ! 👍

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Burnin' Coal said:

@Diddick A lovely looking model with not only deft brushwork but the base you made for it makes the entire model spectacular 👍....group shot is like "wow !"

14 hours ago, Athiko said:

Amazing work. Love the basing, and the purple glow on the claws is a nice touch too

Thanks!

I was afraid that the final result would be too colorful, but at the end i was pretty happy with the not-so-creepy more cartoony looks.

What is a shame is that the dust storm and the A&D sand whirlwind colors are different, and i prefer the dust storm one, but... I made it so long ago that i couldn't remember what palette i used to get the result. 😕

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Boomstick said:

35 stones between the Whiskey Golem (10), Popcorn (8), Cooper (7), and 2x Whiskey Gamin (10), adding on to the first batch: Manos (9), Asura (8), 2x Mourners (12), and 5x Mindless Zombies (10) for 74ss for the month! (Helps to have half of that 98% done the month before.)

Congrats! You did so such and with a great result!

• Thanks 1

well Nino completed. to be honest I wasnt feeling him while painting and probably should of left it for a day or two as I ended up rushing him. Still he's ok i guess. Happily that finishes off my Jan pledge aswell as my Perdita crew.  Now I get to set up for Feb with my next crew in line

qqssOqR.jpg?1

iRFomV8.jpg?1

• Like 8

Really digging your monstrous flesh look.

2 hours ago, Stranglelove said:

Eventually, I'll have to face my biggest fear: basing 😰

Got a style in mind? You can base afterwards but I really recommend basing before painting in the future. That or doing the base and mini separately. Having to do basework around a finished paintjob is an unnecessary pain. Doable, but unnecessary.

I'm not much of a photographer but a very simple step-up would be to switch to a less stark background. Your camera software is probably going haywire trying to colour balance with all that white around. I know my eyes are:P

• Agree 1