New to the game

BeerNinja

Hi again @BeerNinja, awesome username by the way! 😊 Sorry, I was doing a run-and-post above just as I was leaving work. Now I have a bit more time to give you more than a one-word proclamation! Full disclosure, I'm not a Gremlins (aka Bayou) player myself.

The first thing you should be aware of is that Wyrd have announced some information about the coming 3rd edition of the game, but there is no date as yet published for its expected launch. In M3E, you should know that Brewmaster will no longer be a cross-faction master with the Ten Thunders. Another change is that miniatures with the 2nd edition Mercenary characteristic will no longer be able to be hired by all factions in M3E.

Here is a link to the recent announcement about the keywords and factions as they currently stand in M3E. https://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2018/12/12/waldos-weekly-i-am-the-keyword-master It looks like anything with the keyword of Tri-Chi will be a safe bet for your Brewmaster games. After that, the Versatile Bayou models indicated with an * are potentially secondary options, but I will let the Gremlins/Bayou players go into more detail about which Versatile models might work over the others.

Bearing in mind the above caveat about the impending edition change, this site has some information about Brewmaster crews as they are in M2E. It used to be known as the Pull My Finger Wiki, but it's had a change of hosting. FYI, it's not an official site, so there may be inaccuracies now and again. https://canvas.instructure.com/courses/1293024/pages/The Brewmaster?titleize=0

Have fun! 😁

• Like 1

So yes, Akaname, Fermented River Monks, and Tanuki.  All areTri-Chi so all will be usable with your current edition (with the Running Tab upgrade) and next edition with no problem.

The only other general Gremlins thing you need is Trixiebelle:  she lets you cheat initiative so you have a better chance of getting Drinking Party off before the opponent goes.

If your thinking about running all golem/gamin, think about picking up Sparks and/or Mechanical Porkchop, they blend well with all the constructs.

Never look down on taking more Moon Shiobi.... they completly mess with big monster types and elite crews that typically have negative flips to hit and damage.  Drives people crazy!

Experience Tip:  Beware of Candy, the Neverborn Henchmen (Hamelin can take her, too).  If you activate The Brewmaster first near her, he immediatly loses his turn... and her Mood Swings condition can make you make The Brewmaster choose to activate first.  If she's on the table, she's always my priority #1!

Good luck, and have a drink on me!

• Like 1

Welcome to the Bayou :) you went straight away for the most respected Gremlin of all ;) ! : No need for a big Hat when you make the best booze of all Malifaux :)

So yeah you pretty much set Brewmaster wise, whiskey golem and Backdraft box was a safe bet. You can also go Tanukis, akaname, and fermented river monks like they told you, don't know how good they will be in M3E but at least they "tri-chi"s .

Then i was about to say : "nooooooooooooo don't buy Trixibelle !!" because she's a must have right now in pretty much all gremlins crew but there is no reason to be sure she will in M3E, but now that i think of it Jesy makes sense : I mean if you already love the bayou buying Trixibelle makes you buy the Mah master box and if you also buy Sparks he happens to be in Mah crew in M3E and the mecha porkchop is versatile.

So... at this point you already have a second crew ready^^, you can add some survivors maybe to fit the theme and i think a Burt jebsen as versatile seems like a safe bet for M3E ( not sure but i assume ). 

So yeah if you wanna try a Mah crew in M2E and have her ready for M3E go for trixie :D . if you only interested in Brewmaster so far or have eyes on another bayou master than Mah, don't go for it, go for what you like most ;)    it's up to you

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, BornOnTheBayou said:

You should probably consider the backdraft box

welll he already bought it... it's one of the first thing he  said in his first message and been mentioned in others following, plus i'm not totaly aware of rules here about posting a shopping link .. well  ...