Arcanist Masters and their keyword models [M3E]

WWHSD

3 hours ago, cromlyn said:

Any reason not to have neverborn beasts for marcus?

His box rattler has switched faction after all..

The rattler is not in Marcus keywords, so he can't hire it as an arcanist. 

Edit- or I could check and see he is.. yes it should probably be on the list.

Edit 2

And in fact is on the list

If im reading the short guide correctly, marcus as leader has access to the neverborn beasts even when run as arcanist.

So things like the rattler, the bandersnatch, the rougaru ect

Or does that confuse the listing post too much as they are not available to others?

(Id just picked up marcus hence the interest)

On 2/16/2019 at 7:24 PM, cromlyn said:

If im reading the short guide correctly, marcus as leader has access to the neverborn beasts even when run as arcanist.

So things like the rattler, the bandersnatch, the rougaru ect

Or does that confuse the listing post too much as they are not available to others?

(Id just picked up marcus hence the interest)

Marcus only has access to Neverborn miniatures with the Chimera keyword when declaring Arcanist. Currently, that's only the Razorspine Rattler.

5 hours ago, Scatterbrain said:

Marcus only has access to Neverborn miniatures with the Chimera keyword when declaring Arcanist. Currently, that's only the Razorspine Rattler.

Not quite true, he treats all in-faction Beasts as Versatile, which for Arcanist Marcus means the Blessed of December and Hoarcats, and for Neverborn Marcus means Rougarou, Corrupted Hounds, Bandersnatch, Will o' the Wisp, Adze, and Grootslang.

[like with all beta stuff, subject to change]

11 hours ago, retnab said:

Not quite true, he treats all in-faction Beasts as Versatile, which for Arcanist Marcus means the Blessed of December and Hoarcats, and for Neverborn Marcus means Rougarou, Corrupted Hounds, Bandersnatch, Will o' the Wisp, Adze, and Grootslang.

[like with all beta stuff, subject to change]

Agreed, the key word being in-faction. However, unless I am mistaken, Arcanist Marcus does not have access to Rougarou, Hounds, Bandersnatch, et. al.. Likewise, Neverborn Marcus can hire Chimera models listed in the Arcanist faction, but not Blessed of December.

• Agree 2

• 1 month later...

They are, but they weren't when I posted :P theyre pretty decent, not great damage but the long range scrap drop on Throw Yer Arm trigger is a pretty unique piece of setup to let you slingshot a melee beater into the enemy's face.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So the beta forums are closed now, but I wanted to continue the conversation I had going on there.  About taking Amina with Mei Feng, I tried it this week and it was okay?  Got good use out of everything on the back of her card and even scored 2ss from her too (got the dream and 4/5 schemes were interact based).  That said though, for 10ss it's a hard sell when the front of her card is more than half blank.  Not sure I'd do it all the time, but when the dream comes up and interacts are almost guaranteed it's a maybe take to me.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

What was the strategy @retnab? Was she had to defend?

I wonder if Amina is more viable into plant explosives as Hoffman with Howard nearby?

Might be better than with MEI?

I like the idea of using Amina to put down bombs with the opponent's models. Having Howard nearby then turns on more of the front of her card.

Off topic;

I'm still not sure about the steamfitter. He's an avenue to do detonate explosives or dig their graves. But so far have been unimpressed with them otherwise.

Just now, frumpypigskin said:

I'm still not sure about the steamfitter. 

When the rest of your crew is armor 1 or 2, the temptation for your enemy to go first for your Def 5 steamfitter is just too big.

Edit: Steamfitter is also one of the few that cannot be healed by toolkit/Hoffman/totem/Ryle or even another steamfitter.

• Agree 3

13 minutes ago, Franchute said:

When the rest of your crew is armor 1 or 2, the temptation for your enemy to go first for your Def 5 steamfitter is just too big.

Yeah, not survivable enough to go late in the turn to put down scheme markers. Not impactful enough to bother going early to shield constructs. Plenty of other healing options. Yep. Tough sell.

Also confused by medical Auto. Seems like a better hire in the M&SU death ball. Struggle to see living augmented being a thing... And the medical Auto is too slow for most other Arcanists to be of use...

• Agree 1

@frumpypigskin it was Reckoning, Corners, Breakthrough, Harness the Ley Line, Search the Ruins, Power Ritual, Outflank, vs Mah, and I was the Defender.  She actually survived until the last turn, and until then was having a pretty good time creating ss for me, Obeying the Rail Golem to use Off the Rails out of activation, and using Walk the Line to counter Trixie's PITA Lure.  That said, Reckoning was definitely a bad strat for her, since all she could offer to help score it was the Obey.

Yeah the Medic bot being Augmented felt really weird to me, seemed more of a "it's a robot" decision than giving Hoff any valuable new tools (only really matters for GuildHoff if he's hiring non-constructs, which seems niche?).  Steamfitter's a dead model to me.

• Like 2

I keep trying with the automaton. There has to be something I’m missing. It came close to doing its passive healing job in a death ball ranged attack setup, but then it was sniped out turn one (and I might have strongly wished it didn’t have blasts bounced off of its carapace into said death ball). I’ve seen it step on the accelerator pedal, activate and companion into the mechanical attendant, and negate an Assassinate run on Hoffman (1 free, 2x healing flips + three turns’ worth of power tokens, mechanical attendant healing flip) but there was no excuse for it still being on the table that late in that game.

• 3 weeks later...

I just had steamfitter perform Ok for me. He was sat between Howard, the peace keeper and a wagon just beyond the halfway near the centre turf marker in wedge deployment. 

Highlight was being able to heal each and then or give shielded as required and place a scheme for search in the same turn. Low light was realising Howard hates blasted negative conditions over his bubble...

He carried the magical training buff well..  but then he was the target of take hostage, so that's a thing.

2 minutes ago, Ellerby said:

So the original post from Wyrd said that ALL 2ed models had been listed. But I can't see Malifaux Raptors anywhere. Am I missing something? I'm new to the game so apologies if it's obvious. 

"Trained Raptors". Guild Models. Frontier keyword. Raptors are among those models that switched factions.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can somebody change the first topic list... ? he is complately out of date... really don't understand why Wyrd mix m2e and m3e in a same topic... it's very iritating... and raise some old post with false information is not really cool.